GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"In My Defence"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sun 06/01/02 at 20:53
Regular
Hi. Monkey_man here! You may have noticed that I have been banned for starting the trend in stuffing up the chat forums. Fair enough I admit I started it, but the original post was in the 'SR Site Bugs' forum and was meant to alert the SR staff to the fact it could be done. Here's the original post:

"As you can probably tell, you can enter HTML into the thread title. You can do it with the taglines as well, although they are too short to do anything offensive."

Oh my God, how offensive is that!? As far as I am concerned, I highlighted a serious loophole in the whole SR chat system. Sure it lead to some other people mucking about, but it made the SR staff aware - as it was intended to. If you want me to stay banned then fine. I spend too long on here anyway, I've got branches to swing from.

This was Monkey_man
Mon 07/01/02 at 10:18
Regular
"Eric The Half A Bee"
allardini wrote:
> How many "Just Arrived"s have their been who immediatly got banned?

I would have thought only those users who had previously been banned and then created a new profile for themselves?
Mon 07/01/02 at 10:16
Regular
"allardini's tagline"
How many "Just Arrived"s have their been who immediatly got banned?
Mon 07/01/02 at 08:32
Regular
"Sally On Weekdays!"
"Mystique making you stand in corner..."

Mystique, would you like another barrage of Spanish/French insults like last night?

"Another of your sick games????"

Probably, she has a tendancy to be "sick".

"Oh come on unbann him SR we get the message none of them will do it again they are really sorry... show some mercy :D"

I do agree that he should be unbanned, but I'll never look at a monkey the same way again! :D

"As you can probably tell, you can enter HTML into the thread title. You can do it with the taglines as well, although they are too short to do anything offensive."

Oh my God, how offensive is that!? As far as I am concerned, I highlighted a serious loophole in the whole SR chat system. Sure it lead to some other people mucking about, but it made the SR staff aware - as it was intended to."

But you did a few other HTML posts, exploiting your find, which is not what a sensible poster would do. I'd like you un-banned, but I don't think you'd be too popular with most people, except the techies.

::Awaits flaming:: :P
Mon 07/01/02 at 07:56
Regular
Muaha. MUAHA. MUAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH!

Sod off now, MM.
Mon 07/01/02 at 02:44
Regular
"Eff, you see, kay?"
Mystique wrote:
> shut up and stand in the corner

Oh, kinky...
Mon 07/01/02 at 01:11
Regular
Mystique making you stand in corner...

Another of your sick games????

Oh come on unbann him SR we get the message none of them will do it again they are really sorry... show some mercy :D
Mon 07/01/02 at 01:08
Regular
shut up and stand in the corner
Mon 07/01/02 at 00:47
Regular
"Eff, you see, kay?"
Ghost of Monkey_man wrote:
> Yeah, that was you - not me! I originally did this in the Site Bugs forum to
> make SR aware. Then it got out of control and I became a scapemonkey.

But mine was hillarious and all in good fun. The rest were just showing off and really ruined the forums. No one complained the first time I did it here, it's just the Man U and the hairly blokes ones that pushed it too far.
Mon 07/01/02 at 00:13
Regular
awww poor monkey_man

you lot should be ashamed of yourselves
Sun 06/01/02 at 23:52
"#1 Scapemonkey"
Yeah, that was you - not me! I originally did this in the Site Bugs forum to make SR aware. Then it got out of control and I became a scapemonkey.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Continue this excellent work...
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do, I am delighted.
Excellent
Excellent communication, polite and courteous staff - I was dealt with professionally. 10/10

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.