GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"All the power of a Snes"

The "Nintendo Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 06/09/00 at 13:00
Regular
It would be great if the Gameboy Advance could be backwards compatable with Snes games. The Snes produced some great games (See winner of yesterday). It would be good to have the chance to play them again. Come on Nintendo give us the Snes on Gameboy or at least recreate some games for it!
Wed 06/09/00 at 13:00
It would be great if the Gameboy Advance could be backwards compatable with Snes games. The Snes produced some great games (See winner of yesterday). It would be good to have the chance to play them again. Come on Nintendo give us the Snes on Gameboy or at least recreate some games for it!
Thu 07/09/00 at 21:13
It would be impossible to play the SNES carts on the GBA as the cart port is designed for GB games! It is fully backwards compatable with original and colour GB games and is more than the power of the SNES. It's 32-bit!
Mon 11/09/00 at 20:04
hey edge it was just a thought it dont need no technical shi* to prove it cant happen 'cause it can!!! IF U SMELLLLLLLLLLL WHAT THE STALKERS COOKIN'!!!!!!!
Tue 12/09/00 at 21:30
The gameboy advance looks ace! Did you know that you only need on cartridge to play four player? Well you do! I can't wait, especially to see how it interacts with the GameCube (other than being used as a controller). There are some excelent games all ready anounced ie Mario Kart and apparently loads more in development!
Wed 13/09/00 at 21:05
I've heard that you can play DM's on FPS games and you can see different views to what's on your TV on it!
Tue 19/09/00 at 23:22
The Gameboy Advance may not be able to physically big enough to have SNES game cartridges slot into it, but if you remember correctly, Sega's Gamegear was compatible with Master System games with cartridge converter, which you sloted into the Gamegear and you could then slot the Master System cartridge into the converter, thus making them combatible!
Fri 29/09/00 at 21:54
Yes, I've still got one. The only problem is that it's too heavy and knackers your hands when holding the Game Gear. I still have the odd game of Cyber Shinobi on it, but most of the time you have to carry a power supply around with you as the machine eats batteries for breakfast (it's main fault) I have about 6 games left for the poor little blighter as well, and it's lost one of it's battery holder covers as well. Still love playing Sonic on it though!
BTW; Staying on topic...I would be looking forward to the Advance if I could see myself getting one, but I've already got a Game Gear and Gameboy Color.
Thu 12/10/00 at 22:08
Regular
It would be nice...

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

10/10
Over the years I've become very jaded after many bad experiences with customer services, you have bucked the trend. Polite and efficient from the Freeola team, well done to all involved.
Top-notch internet service
Excellent internet service and customer service. Top-notch in replying to my comments.
Duncan

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.