GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Shigsy poles monkey"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'Super Monkey Ball'.
Fri 21/02/03 at 22:00
Regular
After the recent success of Sega’s Super Monkey Ball, Shigsy has decided to create his own nintified version of the popular series. During an interview with Nintendo’s main man, he announced that Super Monkey Pole, was by no means a cheap rip off of Monkey Ball, and denies that it was even a slight inspiration for his next money making masterpiece involving the small primates.

After previous allegations of Shigsy creating Super Hamster Ball, all questions are left answered with the announcement of SMP.

The game is said to involve many pole related primate madness, the first minigame announced was ‘Super Pogo pole’ where a pole is graphically inserted into a small ape during a cut scene. The idea of the minigame is to collect doctors by bouncing through hospitals collecting powerups along the way. When enough doctors are gathered a new cut scene is displayed showing how the pole is separated from the screaming chimp. Super Pogo Stick is definitely not designed for the weak stomached, or anyone who isn’t a mass murder, or professional doctor, in fact I couldn’t recommend this to anyone, I was so sick I was greeted by the food I devoured last year…. I cant get the scenes out of my head…. Somebody please, get a gun…

Moving swiftly on, the next mini game announced for SMP is ‘Super Javelin’. This innovative game involves the gamer to throw poles at an onslaught of rabid rogues. It really must be played to believed. I can almost envision the first time I lobbed a 6-foot pole and it penetrated the innocent monkey mid-air, causing it to plummet to the ground, blaring almost orgasmically, descending into the mists of hell. I had flashbacks of the monkey that nicked me peanuts in Gibraltar when I was a child, causing me to have a fear of the manic primates from a young age. I then laughed so hard, my lungs slipped out my throat as easily as a water snake would, from slippery hands. I choked so vigorously; I found it hard to believe I was still alive.

The next game i had the delights of playing, was labelled 'Super North Pole'. The main objective of this minigame, is to roll around in a toilet tube, in search for the notorious St. Nick. When found, San'a joins you in your poling frolics, and you roll around aimlessly, in a land where everything is sick and twisted, where the elderly openly urinate on the younger generation, where seagulls are devoured by dangerous biscuits, and the only cheese, is the artificial monstrosity I like to call baby bell, this urine soaked hell hole, is indeed, Slough.

"Come, friendly bombs, and fall on Slough,
It isn't fit for humans now,
There isn’t grass to graze a cow,
Swarm over, Death"

- John Betjeman

*ahem*

Anyway, that is all i have to report in the early stages of this, inevitable, Shigsy masterpiece. I have preordered my copy of Super Monkey Pole, and i recommend you do so to. http://ukgames.reserve.co.uk /this_product_doesn't_exist.php?

And remember, Monkeys are for poling, not just for balling. And the human mind is precious, not for malicious, tormenting, soul destroying, monkey torturing games like this, however, it is still recommended, as I am dead, won’t you join me.

Cheers
Mon 24/02/03 at 15:50
Regular
"QPR 1974"
Rickoss wrote:
> Yay! Well done mate :-)

Many regards to you Rickoss for the initial idea :-)
Mon 24/02/03 at 15:46
Regular
Yay! Well done mate :-)
Mon 24/02/03 at 15:43
Regular
"QPR 1974"
To Special reserve, I thank, for the ultimate GAD prize. Cheers everyone, and SR especially.

Thanks!
Fri 21/02/03 at 23:04
Regular
"Being Ignorant"
Nice one Sfone

You're really getting the hang of winning GAD aren't you?

;-)
Fri 21/02/03 at 23:02
Regular
"Must be Parkinson's"
Funny.

*Stamp Of Mild Approval Award*
Fri 21/02/03 at 22:58
Regular
"QPR 1974"
Check
Fri 21/02/03 at 22:55
Regular
"thursdayton!"
Clever idea, no matter if its more than a little twisted. Which is good... so very good...

Oh, and make me a member of your secret organization. Please? I will sell a kidney...
Fri 21/02/03 at 22:13
Regular
"QPR 1974"
latchford wrote:
> did he inform you of when this game will be out and for how much
> because i am extremely interested in purchasing this exciting feature
> of poles

The main man Shigsy, says he will be working 24/7 on this title in order to get it on the shelves for next thursday. I can understand your need for poles, but patience is a virtue, and virtue looks like virtua, and virtua cop on the saturn was well good, any news on a new game in the series. Oh, god, I'm lonely.......
Fri 21/02/03 at 22:11
Regular
"www.funrunner.co.uk"
Rickoss wrote:
> "Monkeys are for poling, not just for balling"
>
> Lol! Absolute genius mate! Very entertaining and you managed to write
> a topic called 'Shigsy Poles Monkey' without jumping to conclusions
> :-D
>
> Superb

sssshhhhhh non club members arent meant to know.
Fri 21/02/03 at 22:09
Regular
"www.funrunner.co.uk"
did he inform you of when this game will be out and for how much because i am extremely interested in purchasing this exciting feature of poles

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Unrivalled services
Freeola has to be one of, if not the best, ISP around as the services they offer seem unrivalled.
Very pleased
Very pleased with the help given by your staff. They explained technical details in an easy way and were patient when providing information to a non expert like me.

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.