GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Who've you got in your AC town?"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'Animal Crossing'.
Fri 21/02/03 at 22:07
Regular
Just wondering, i've been playing for a week and the present residents of Oakwood (my town) are

Hector (chicken)
He's a dude, I don't think he ever sleeps, the latest i've played the game too so far has been 2am and he was still up.

Pinkee (Panda)
She's a joker, maketh me laugh very often and tends to give out lots of free furniture which is good.

Lucy (Pig)
She's friendly but a bit annoying to be honest, bit of a goody goody. Tends to be in bed by 9:30 every night which is annoying when another animal asks you to deliver something to her.

Lucky (Dog)
He's a joker, always talking about food and has a strange bandage on his head which makes him look like he's escaped from a mental hospital.

Spike (Rhino)
An angry muther he be, still he makes me laugh. Has a very strange taste in furniture though, his house is full of bulding site signs and has a steam roller parked in one corner.

Butch (Dog)
Another angry person, tends to be very grumpy because he stays up late. Not even worth approaching in the morning because he'll bite ya head off.

Spork (Pig)
He's a safe if a bit stupid pig, another early sleeper but he gives quite a few bits of clothing away so i'll let him off.

Leopold (Lion)
Looks like a cockface but is a safe guy, another one who never seems to go to bed and doesn't wake up till about 12pm every day.

I've got a goat and a penguin as well but I can't remember their names, they're only recent additions.

So who ya got?
Fri 21/02/03 at 22:07
Regular
Just wondering, i've been playing for a week and the present residents of Oakwood (my town) are

Hector (chicken)
He's a dude, I don't think he ever sleeps, the latest i've played the game too so far has been 2am and he was still up.

Pinkee (Panda)
She's a joker, maketh me laugh very often and tends to give out lots of free furniture which is good.

Lucy (Pig)
She's friendly but a bit annoying to be honest, bit of a goody goody. Tends to be in bed by 9:30 every night which is annoying when another animal asks you to deliver something to her.

Lucky (Dog)
He's a joker, always talking about food and has a strange bandage on his head which makes him look like he's escaped from a mental hospital.

Spike (Rhino)
An angry muther he be, still he makes me laugh. Has a very strange taste in furniture though, his house is full of bulding site signs and has a steam roller parked in one corner.

Butch (Dog)
Another angry person, tends to be very grumpy because he stays up late. Not even worth approaching in the morning because he'll bite ya head off.

Spork (Pig)
He's a safe if a bit stupid pig, another early sleeper but he gives quite a few bits of clothing away so i'll let him off.

Leopold (Lion)
Looks like a cockface but is a safe guy, another one who never seems to go to bed and doesn't wake up till about 12pm every day.

I've got a goat and a penguin as well but I can't remember their names, they're only recent additions.

So who ya got?
Fri 21/02/03 at 22:17
Regular
I saw a penguin on the site called Cube. He looks amazingly cool. When I get Animal Crossing, I shall have a legion of penguins. My army..
Fri 21/02/03 at 22:23
Regular
I can't be bothered to turn it on and check

Haven't played AC since Sunday, it's a bit boring after a month
Fri 21/02/03 at 23:27
Regular
Really is that so WS?
Fri 21/02/03 at 23:34
Regular
Yes

Everyday is now:

Go to mailbox

Receive three bits of dinosaurs you already have

Recieve insulting letter from the Happy Room Academy

Run round and dig up three fossils

Write three letters to museum

Attach fossils

Go to Post Office

Talk to clerk, select letter to send

Repeat twice because irritatingly you can't select more than one

Go to Nook's store, get annoyed as for the seventy billionth time he says 'feel free to browse but not carouse'

Everything is rubbish so leave shop

Get annoyed because you have to stop for the seventy billionth time so Nook knob face can tell you to come back again.

Run around aimlessly and maybe talk to a few villagers

Accept some jobs but then can't be arsed to do thm as they just involve running over to someone else to give them something and you always get stationary as thanks

Go home and save

Play Metroid Prime and/or SoAL for the rest of the day
Fri 21/02/03 at 23:37
Regular
Thought you said it was dull :D

Online version may have more variety.
Fri 21/02/03 at 23:43
Regular
"Feel free to browse but no.."

*STAB STAB STAB STAB STAB STAB STAB STAB STAB STAB STAB*

"..not car.."

*STAB STAB STAB STAB STAB STAB STAB STAB STAB STAB STAB STAB STAB STAB STAB STAB STAB STAB STAB STAB STAB STAB STAB STAB STAB STAB STAB STAB STAB STAB STAB STAB STAB STAB STAB STAB STAB STAB*

And you can't send letters to people in your village, they just send one back saying "I tried to read your letter but I couldn't understand a word you said", despite my spelling and grammar being far supirior to theirs.

*STAB*
Sat 22/02/03 at 00:19
Regular
Whitestripes wrote:

> And you can't send letters to people in your village, they just send
> one back saying "I tried to read your letter but I couldn't
> understand a word you said", despite my spelling and grammar
> being far supirior to theirs.

That's because they have a limited vocabulary, there's FAQS on the web showing what words they'll respond too.

Game rocks IMO

I can see it might get a bit dull after a while but it's damn sweet at the moment. The online trading is fun in itself.
Sat 22/02/03 at 08:55
Regular
If you want to add longevity to the game, you have to get a friedn to play and start their own town (not sawpping codes, actually play it) - my brother and I have been playing non-stop and it rules - tricking each other into believeing there are fake parties at 1am by pretending to be someone else in the notice board, decimating each other's town, turning villagers against each other - it may not have been AC in Nintendo's minds, but its bloody good fun...
Sat 22/02/03 at 09:06
Regular
Does anyone else have problems with people in those damn igloos?

I had about three gifts to pick up/take back to one of my residents (Huggy), but she spent all day in that wretched igloo and held up the trading.

My residents are: Butch, Jane(a lipstick wearing gorilla), Cleo, Mint, Buck, Peanut, Kiki, Pudge, Huggy and Anicolli.

Also, on both my and my bro's games we have oranges - does anyone know where I can get other types of fruit?

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Continue this excellent work...
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do, I am delighted.
Top-notch internet service
Excellent internet service and customer service. Top-notch in replying to my comments.
Duncan

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.