GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Life Without Games"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sun 06/01/02 at 14:02
Regular
This might have been done before but i haven't seen it anyway.
Imagine that the year is 2012 games have beeb getting more realistic every year and governments all over
the world decide that they should be banned, seeing as they were so realistic they thought people could plan a world take over on them (ok so thats not very likely but hey thats not the point). Anyway so the world wide ban of games begins special forces start braking into houses and trashing consoles and all game software found.Games are the new hot thing on the black market, people meeting at 2am in street corners paying hundreds of pounds for the latest
handheld, or £20 for a 15min play on the latest Mario games. People are becoming more and more desperate to play on games doing whatever it takes to get hold of a console. But those who are caught illegaly playing games are taken to detention centers and forced to play hopscotch and watch the same episode of the teletubbies for hours until they are "cured".

So if games were banned in 10 years time what lengths would you go to to get hold of a game and console or what would you do instead?
How would you imagine a world without games? A better place? A worse place? Would you be able to cope in this world?

Anyway thanks for your time i know it's probably not the best post but i get some good ideas but always have a trouble getting them across in text, i'm much better at just talking face to face.
Mon 07/01/02 at 00:13
Regular
"ATAT Supremo"
OH GOD !!! He thinks we should be normal social people !!! Kill him !
Sun 06/01/02 at 23:55
Regular
"everyone says it"
Tiltawhirl wrote:
> Games aren't everything you know?

A lot of you could get rid of your pasty
> complection and maybe get outside in a while.

No!
Sun 06/01/02 at 23:54
Regular
Games aren't everything you know?

A lot of you could get rid of your pasty complection and maybe get outside in a while.
Sun 06/01/02 at 23:52
Regular
"Maximum Homerdrive"
i was thinking of doing a post on this a while back.

it's very very hard to imagine it really.

But if it did happen what would you guys do here instead?
Sun 06/01/02 at 21:50
Regular
"!"£$%^&*()_+"
life without games, well you could find another source of entertainment like, well, ermmm, maybe, ok maybe games then.
Sun 06/01/02 at 21:29
Regular
"ATAT Supremo"
A life without videogames ? I'll be one of the first to throw myself off the highest building I can find. Afterall, only technology makes life worth living as GTA3 would say ;-))
Sun 06/01/02 at 14:09
½pint wrote:
> It hasn't been done before. Very imaginitive too, but did you get your
> inspiration from the last issue of Official UK PS2 mag, cos they did a feature
> about this. Thats all.

No, i didn't know about that shame really with some other article on it i could have improved upon it.
Sun 06/01/02 at 14:04
Regular
"¬_¬"
It hasn't been done before. Very imaginitive too, but did you get your inspiration from the last issue of Official UK PS2 mag, cos they did a feature about this. Thats all.
Sun 06/01/02 at 14:02
This might have been done before but i haven't seen it anyway.
Imagine that the year is 2012 games have beeb getting more realistic every year and governments all over
the world decide that they should be banned, seeing as they were so realistic they thought people could plan a world take over on them (ok so thats not very likely but hey thats not the point). Anyway so the world wide ban of games begins special forces start braking into houses and trashing consoles and all game software found.Games are the new hot thing on the black market, people meeting at 2am in street corners paying hundreds of pounds for the latest
handheld, or £20 for a 15min play on the latest Mario games. People are becoming more and more desperate to play on games doing whatever it takes to get hold of a console. But those who are caught illegaly playing games are taken to detention centers and forced to play hopscotch and watch the same episode of the teletubbies for hours until they are "cured".

So if games were banned in 10 years time what lengths would you go to to get hold of a game and console or what would you do instead?
How would you imagine a world without games? A better place? A worse place? Would you be able to cope in this world?

Anyway thanks for your time i know it's probably not the best post but i get some good ideas but always have a trouble getting them across in text, i'm much better at just talking face to face.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Brilliant service.
Love it, love it, love it!
Christopher
Second to none...
So far the services you provide are second to none. Keep up the good work.
Andy

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.