GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"My Turok Evolution views"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'Turok Evolution'.
Sat 22/02/03 at 09:15
Regular
To be honest, I think this got a bad deal from many of reviews I've read, especially CUBE. When I got it my expectation levels weren't that high - as far as previous Turok games went, I had Turok 2 for a short while but the lack of save points annoyed me and it soon dropped down my play list, and I remember getting Turok: Rage Wars as a free gift from Special Reserve when I renewed my membership, and played it ...once. So when I started this I wasn't expecting much at all.

If truth be told, I think this is a quality game - bear in mind I haven't played Halo properly, which is often held up as a paragon of FPS virtue, but Turok Evolution is good - the graphics are pretty good, the enemy AI surprised me and even the flying levels, which some of the magazines criticised, were enjoyable, though they did need a little tweaking.

But the best bits are the jungle levels - pure quality. Sneaking slowly through the grass, ears intently listening to any sound, pistol on scope to search for raptors; a truly atmospheric section of the game, evoking for me many of the best memories of Jurassic Park. It's just a shame the game didn't have more of these levels instead of ditching it for those lame industrial/prison type settings.

Basically, I'm really enjoying this. What do you guys think?
Sat 22/02/03 at 16:43
Regular
And the sequel will be like Aliens vs Predator

Except with silly aliens that make stupid noises
Sat 22/02/03 at 16:35
Regular
PS2 version is noticably poorer than the GC version...well I noticed it anyway :)

As for Halo, you're not missing much. It's good, but it is far from being the best FPS. It just has a lot of scenery that makes it 'look' good, but it plays not too disimilar to Half Life (as anyone who has reached the Flood will tell you).
Sat 22/02/03 at 16:29
Regular
Metroid.
Sat 22/02/03 at 16:06
Regular
Metroid Metroid Metroid

*gibbers*
Sat 22/02/03 at 12:23
Regular
"I'm not Orgazmo"
Not in the shop either, my mate has it on PS2 so neh.
Sat 22/02/03 at 12:22
Regular
"I'm not Orgazmo"
I've played it since silly.
Sat 22/02/03 at 12:15
Regular
You said you only played the first level in a shop.

Silly tart.
Sat 22/02/03 at 11:52
Regular
"I'm not Orgazmo"
I AM TUROK!

Nah I didn't like this game after a while, got quite boring. I did however have mega high hopes for it.
Sat 22/02/03 at 11:47
Regular
Better than I expected though the graphics are a bit on the pants side. The enemy AI is pretty good actually, the guns are good, just a shame that it gets so repetetive.

Good game though certainly nothing special. The multiplayer is suprisingly good fun as well.
Sat 22/02/03 at 09:15
Regular
To be honest, I think this got a bad deal from many of reviews I've read, especially CUBE. When I got it my expectation levels weren't that high - as far as previous Turok games went, I had Turok 2 for a short while but the lack of save points annoyed me and it soon dropped down my play list, and I remember getting Turok: Rage Wars as a free gift from Special Reserve when I renewed my membership, and played it ...once. So when I started this I wasn't expecting much at all.

If truth be told, I think this is a quality game - bear in mind I haven't played Halo properly, which is often held up as a paragon of FPS virtue, but Turok Evolution is good - the graphics are pretty good, the enemy AI surprised me and even the flying levels, which some of the magazines criticised, were enjoyable, though they did need a little tweaking.

But the best bits are the jungle levels - pure quality. Sneaking slowly through the grass, ears intently listening to any sound, pistol on scope to search for raptors; a truly atmospheric section of the game, evoking for me many of the best memories of Jurassic Park. It's just a shame the game didn't have more of these levels instead of ditching it for those lame industrial/prison type settings.

Basically, I'm really enjoying this. What do you guys think?

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Top-notch internet service
Excellent internet service and customer service. Top-notch in replying to my comments.
Duncan
Wonderful...
... and so easy-to-use even for a technophobe like me. I had my website up in a couple of hours. Thank you.
Vivien

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.