GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Has anybody got any info on Driver 3?"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'Driv3r'.
Sat 22/02/03 at 16:39
Regular
Has anybody got any info on Driver 3? Like images or when it will come out?
Sat 22/02/03 at 16:39
Regular
Has anybody got any info on Driver 3? Like images or when it will come out?
Sat 22/02/03 at 23:26
Regular
OXM has some footage on the DVD. Game should be out by the end of the year.
Sat 22/02/03 at 23:30
Regular
"asdfjkl;"
Hey mav is the new OXM out now? in my last issue(one with toejam and earl on the cover), the release for this one was feb 21, yet i went to shop today and the c0cks didn't have it, they usually do:( i will probably check again tomorrow. Anything excellent on the disc?
Sat 22/02/03 at 23:41
Regular
Yeah, I got it today. Well, I say *I* got it, but a friend did and we spent the whole day reading it and using the DVD. There are some great demos - Indiana Jones, Panzer Dragoon Orta, Shenmue 2.
Sat 22/02/03 at 23:53
Regular
"asdfjkl;"
I should get it soon, can't wait to give the demos a try, is indiana any good? In comparison with similar games?

I was thinking of getting shenmue2 but have been put off a little by the apparant 'slow' pace and 'will only appeal to die-hard fans of the original', somethings which i have read recently. Whats the demo like? Is it 'boring'/'slow'? I guess you might not be able to tell much from the demo alone, but anyways.
Sat 22/02/03 at 23:58
Regular
Indiana's fantastic. Shenmue was a bit boring in my opinion - dull and just.. I don't know. It didn't have that special.. thing. Y'know? GamesTM only gave it 7/10, anyway - so it's nothing spectacular.
Sun 23/02/03 at 00:19
Regular
Shenmue 2 is a fantastic game and although I have favourites in each genre this is my favourite game of all time which is closely followed by Shenmue 1. Although there is a vidoe showing the story of Shenmue 1 on the Shenmue 2X DVD it just isn't the same as playing through the game and getting to grips with the story line. Its a game like no other and finally this should be a chance for the game to be noticed for what it is and not for what the Dremcast will be remembered for.
Sun 23/02/03 at 00:23
Regular
"asdfjkl;"
I suppose its usually a matter of opinion, for example the other day i read a review of metal gear solid2:substance in a magazine and they gave it a rather bog-standard grade, something like 7/10, and said it was nothing particularly special and the cut-scenes ruined the fun and gameplay etc. Today i read another review of MGS2:substance and it was given something like equivelent of 9 or 9 and a half out of 10 and was said to be a must have, and is pure class despite the cut-scenes, this just confuses me. It depends on the reviewer(s), a die-hard racing fan reviewer may review a FPS and give it a cack grade while a die-hard FPS fan would give a FPS a high grade/rating(or whatever).

I think the best thing to rely on is your/my own views and opinions cos at the end of the day you/I am the one who is going to have to play the games you/I buy.
Sun 23/02/03 at 12:56
Regular
The only people I *completely* trust, are GamesTM - because their reviews come from the following things:

1. People who have played the game (usuall) to completion.
2. People who have been playing games ever since they were available.
3. People who aren't biased.

And more importantly - the score's not just from one person, at GamesTM - it's the whole team. I really enjoy the mag - and I'd recommend anyone to get it.
Sun 23/02/03 at 13:40
Regular
"Just Bog Standard.."
Driver 3 is easily my most anticipated game of the year, I saw a demo before, but it didn't have any cars or anything in it.

You say it's on the OXB mag's demo disc? I get that ordered by my newsagent, it was supposed to be in on Friday, so I'm just goin over to pester them if there's a Driver 3 demo.

:)

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Unrivalled services
Freeola has to be one of, if not the best, ISP around as the services they offer seem unrivalled.
Excellent
Excellent communication, polite and courteous staff - I was dealt with professionally. 10/10

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.