GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Graphics advancements"

The "Sony Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sun 06/01/02 at 02:24
Regular
I think when i switched from a Super Nintendo to a PS1 there was a huge advancement in graphics.

My cousin got a PS1 on release and when i played Destruction derby and Tekken i was like WOW.
The games was like nothing i'd ever seen before, full 3d graphics and i couldn't believe the effects like car damage in Destruction derby.

but with PS2 the first time i played/saw it i wasn't all that blown away.

i think the trouble is these days is that we're to used to pretty eye candy. i also don't think the hardware/software makers are advancing enough. i mean the graphics on the PS2 my pc was doing years before. i'm not even that impressed with the x box graphics wise.

i can't wait to see games with graphics as good as a CGI films.

i mean imagine playing final fantasy with graphics even better than the movie. or shrek with graphics better than the movie.

a few years back we were saying that graphics are getting almost life like and at the moment i still think we are years away from seeing that in a game.

But this also brings up another question.

would GTA still get released if it looked life like, what about state of emergency?

I think graphics advancement could be a good and bad thing.

it'll be good for racing and sports games but a bad thing for fun games like GTA and state of emergency.

Although graphics aren't the most important thing it is a key factor on the advancement in the gaming world. without it we'd still be playing old atari's :)

Vamp
Fri 11/01/02 at 01:15
Regular
"maximum homerdrive"
hmmm vamp is banned hope he don't re-register wink wink :)
Thu 10/01/02 at 22:31
Regular
"!"£$%^&*()_+"
well when i first saw the mgs2 trailer about 2 years ago (wow) i was completely blown away i had never seen any thing so amazing in my life, but your right now, most good ps2 game graphic are just a norm, but still some amazing games comming up.
Wed 09/01/02 at 23:14
Regular
"Is'not Dave... sorr"
All factors are "key" advancements in the progression of the industry though. Grahpics are no more important than the quality of AI or 'game-play'.

Aesthetics draw us to a game originally, but it's the other factors that keep us returning to the game.
Sun 06/01/02 at 02:24
Regular
"Maximum Homerdrive"
I think when i switched from a Super Nintendo to a PS1 there was a huge advancement in graphics.

My cousin got a PS1 on release and when i played Destruction derby and Tekken i was like WOW.
The games was like nothing i'd ever seen before, full 3d graphics and i couldn't believe the effects like car damage in Destruction derby.

but with PS2 the first time i played/saw it i wasn't all that blown away.

i think the trouble is these days is that we're to used to pretty eye candy. i also don't think the hardware/software makers are advancing enough. i mean the graphics on the PS2 my pc was doing years before. i'm not even that impressed with the x box graphics wise.

i can't wait to see games with graphics as good as a CGI films.

i mean imagine playing final fantasy with graphics even better than the movie. or shrek with graphics better than the movie.

a few years back we were saying that graphics are getting almost life like and at the moment i still think we are years away from seeing that in a game.

But this also brings up another question.

would GTA still get released if it looked life like, what about state of emergency?

I think graphics advancement could be a good and bad thing.

it'll be good for racing and sports games but a bad thing for fun games like GTA and state of emergency.

Although graphics aren't the most important thing it is a key factor on the advancement in the gaming world. without it we'd still be playing old atari's :)

Vamp

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Best Provider
The best provider I know of, never a problem, recommend highly
Paul
Many thanks!!
Registered my website with Freeola Sites on Tuesday. Now have full and comprehensive Google coverage for my site. Great stuff!!
John Shepherd

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.