GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Far Too Tired"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sat 22/02/03 at 18:30
Regular
Fun can only usually be brought about through familiarity. In video games, there are set genres to stick to, most games even bring in further familiarities through using clichés. Being the nearest possible anti-person (down with the euro etc), I feel that games would be exciting if these clichés were turned on their heads, the wrong way round, reversed, if you will.

I: far too empty, shall inform you on "Revershés" bringing about a new way of playing games and even giving you examples how they work, all for a free game!!!!!1.

1. My father was born of a kind ninja: It turns out that your father being killed by a mean person was not first shown in Shenmue. No, in fact, it turns out that similar things have been happening in kung-fu films for the last thousand years. The story begins as an old man comes in to see his father being given birth, through a loving ninja. Emotional music plays and even though the lip-synching is poor, you can still feel the love. The ninja quickly escapes after giving birth, giving your hero no chance to even say thank you for finally blessing him with a father. Nevertheless, the birth leaves him emotionally traumatised as, by then he had reasoned himself out of existence. The game takes place as you walk around time trying to forget about your father, but to eventually find that loving ninja, and give her the “it’s a boy” card.

2. Princess rescues boy: Most princesses are portrayed as elitist, meek, and most of all, capturable, and even abusable (baby bowser anyone?). But there would be a new R.P.G out “Legend of Diana: A Cancerian’s Death” which would banish this image. In the game, Princess Di would try to improve her street cred by visiting people with diseases, and bending down to talk to them, to spite the fact that she can bend down and they can’t. The game would involve you setting up family disputes, paying off butlers, and a sub quest to get the cripple club [Level 2]. At the end, you can save a diseaser’s life, by bending down, and giving a horny dying child some relief. This would also come out after her death, and would be hated by the SUN newspaper. GAME stores would sell it for £100 because they feel like it.

3. I want money, I want sex, not a cake: Nintendo games have no adequate motive for completion. It is often assumed that a nintendo game player is too young to beat the first level of a mario game whilst continually wetting themselves, which though may apply to me (weak bladder: I laugh when I pee), makes the later stages of the game quite poor, because you can taste the inedible, you know the ending will be anti climatic. Taste the still frame of cake!, enjoy the ending sequence of mario sunshine! The fact is, mario has a job he needs money, he can't waste 30 hours of his time jumping around stomping on turtles head without consulting them, for a cake, or to enjoy a holiday, or for nothing. This game would eliminate the cliché of the fat stupid Italian. "Super Mario 2000 GHz (max clock speed)". An enigmatic letter has been recieved from a princess "My heating systems on overload, help me Mario, I'm so hot in here, I'm so hot, so hot." All the happy mushroom slaves are now fried, and the princess promises Mario the best night he's ever had if he fixes her central heating (a still frame of mario eating lasagne, but no-one would ever reach the end, because there would be a level where the camera didn't actually exist.)

We have to move away from these tired clichés, possibly move in the complete opposite direction as I nearly have. We need more awake clichés, we need some variey, we need some girlfriends.

Merry birthday and adieu.

please feed this topic back, and make your own revershés (the interaction!)

far too empty.
Sun 23/02/03 at 22:02
Regular
"Must be Parkinson's"
Relevance?

Aha.
Sun 23/02/03 at 21:38
"period drama"
BLAHpro wrote:
> Kyz22 wrote:
> Heh, funny post with some good thoughts as well *ponders*
>
> OI! Stop that ponderin'!

Grrrr.
I ponder
Sun 23/02/03 at 21:30
Regular
"Must be Parkinson's"
But on a biblical note, any constructive critisiccmsmglmh?
Sun 23/02/03 at 19:50
Regular
"Must be Parkinson's"
BLAHpro wrote:

> OI! Stop that ponderin'!

NO bladz, you have to 'low bare ponderin'!
Sun 23/02/03 at 19:25
Regular
"Brrrrr."
Kyz22 wrote:
> Heh, funny post with some good thoughts as well *ponders*

OI! Stop that ponderin'!
Sun 23/02/03 at 19:24
Regular
"Brrrrr."
...or maybe it is...
Sun 23/02/03 at 19:22
Regular
"Which one's pink?"
Eh.... no, no it's not....
Sun 23/02/03 at 19:14
Regular
"Must be Parkinson's"
I am grated to your enthusiasm

mmm... feedback. Just like regurgigamataion.
Sun 23/02/03 at 19:02
Regular
"Z will be here soon"
Heh, funny post with some good thoughts as well *ponders*
Sun 23/02/03 at 10:01
Regular
"Brrrrr."
Deadly Fatality :[ wrote:
> Tiredness is always anoyying.

Hence your inability to spell...

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Continue this excellent work...
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do, I am delighted.
Best Provider
The best provider I know of, never a problem, recommend highly
Paul

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.