GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Hahaha - You stupid woman"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Mon 16/07/07 at 16:51
Regular
Clicky

She says that games caused her son to murder someone, yet also says that she didn't know what was in them, and yet bought them for her son anyway, as the other kids were playing it.

You're a parent, TAKE AN INTEREST IN WHAT YOUR CHILD IS DOING.

Some people should be neutered at birth. I think this woman is one of them.
Tue 17/07/07 at 12:31
Regular
"Hellfire Stoker"
Here we go again, the usual mixture of ignorance on the Parents' side, a kid with a bit of a twisted mind and a grisly murder, and the press have a damn field day. Games like this aren't designed for kids, it's quite clear, and so The Daily Mail et al decide to have a hissy fit. Same s***, different day...
Tue 17/07/07 at 09:23
Regular
I suppose everything does have a consiquence but I really do think that games cannot be soley to blame. If you are a person who has a disposition to violent tendencies then you could be playing with Sylvania family dolls all day and stillgo out and muder people. Yes games could be seen as a trigger for these people but then so could a film or violent T.v program. Even books , I have read books far more violent and twisted than any game I have ever played.

Ultimately there are negative influences in this world and it is a parents job to keep their children away from them. Games and their appropriate ages are clearly stated and what did she think games like Manhunter and Painkiller contain???. If he was the appropriate age maybe he would not have been as impressionable. She knows this and its why she is trying to find a scapegoat. No doubt if her son was on drugs it would be the dealers fault and if he gets a girl pregnant it would be the girls fault. You just get bufoon parents from time to time who are not willing to accept their kids are degenerates and they never accept its their fault it is always something else.

To be honest I hope she has sleepless nights over how she let her son and the family of the victim down!!!!!!
Tue 17/07/07 at 01:25
Regular
"Laughingstock"
She was irresposible, to a degree. Some people think games are, well, games: la la la, fun, colour, plink plonk, etc.

To the question: was this boy influenced by gratuitous computerised violence?.. probably. Everything has an influence in one way or another, especially in the young, open mind; and certain things awaken certain things in certain people. Corruption is but a sudden realisation away.
Mon 16/07/07 at 16:51
Regular
Clicky

She says that games caused her son to murder someone, yet also says that she didn't know what was in them, and yet bought them for her son anyway, as the other kids were playing it.

You're a parent, TAKE AN INTEREST IN WHAT YOUR CHILD IS DOING.

Some people should be neutered at birth. I think this woman is one of them.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Unrivalled services
Freeola has to be one of, if not the best, ISP around as the services they offer seem unrivalled.
Many thanks!
You were 100% right - great support!

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.