GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"need help - pc racing game advice"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sat 22/02/03 at 20:17
Regular
HI

has anyone got any idea what good racing games there are on PC?
im gran tursimo sick and i need saving. its unfortunate gran turismo didnt come out on PC, so i need advice - anyone know and good driving sims around that involve money?

the closest ive got is viper racing...

now that is sad....
Sat 22/02/03 at 20:17
Regular
HI

has anyone got any idea what good racing games there are on PC?
im gran tursimo sick and i need saving. its unfortunate gran turismo didnt come out on PC, so i need advice - anyone know and good driving sims around that involve money?

the closest ive got is viper racing...

now that is sad....
Mon 24/02/03 at 04:46
Regular
"Suck it baby, yeah!"
It all depends, are you looking for a racing simulation? If you are, then Geoff Crammond's Grand Prix 4, an F1 simulator, is supposed to be good, if you are looking for 4WD games, then 1nsane (Spelt correctly), The 4x4 Evo series and the Monster Truck Madness series are good, If you want some street racing action, The Midtown Madness series rocks exceedingly hard! Or, if you want some top quality mission based racing, Driver is good, while, in another racing genre all on its own is the Need For Speed series, these are probably the best racing games ever made, in case you don't know, the player races exotic Sports cars through varied locales. If you want a money-based racing system, then Need For Speed: High Stakes is best, but NFS: Porsche, porsche 2000 and Hot Pursuit 2 are all supposed to be excellent. Also, if you are looking for something more about driving, but with lots of violence and heaps of cars, then Grand Theft Auto 3 is great!
Hope this helps
Mon 24/02/03 at 20:17
Regular
1nsane = ICK!!!
GTA3 = nope
driver = nope
need for speed = probably not

all i need is a basic non-story driven game that invloves winning money and then buying/upgrading new cars by placing high positions on trax that i can enter at my own will - so basically, if youve played Gran Turismo, im looking for sumthing that plays like that
Mon 24/02/03 at 21:04
Regular
"A man with a stick"
Midtown Madness !?!?!? not exactly a racing game, but the best four wheeled vehicle game I have on my PC at the moment.
Tue 25/02/03 at 12:30
Regular
"Dont come here ofte"
Urkie have you thought about Riding Spirits on PS2 ? it's the same as GT3 with prize money/upgrades etc look for a review on gamespot.com or somewhere.
Tue 25/02/03 at 20:19
Regular
like i said in my original post, PC only im looking for :)

im gathering by the lack of response that there arent any good racers that involve the sort of stuff im talkin about here.

sorry mr noname but riding spirits is definitely not.
Wed 26/02/03 at 14:21
Regular
"Dont come here ofte"
Good PC Racers are hard to find, go to gamespot.com, filter by PC then by driving and it gives you the top 10 etc etc, have a look around - by the way, why must it be a PC game ?
Wed 26/02/03 at 20:18
Regular
yeh, i only own a PC - my consoles are either old, broke, or pathetic. unfortunately my psone is broke, so i cant rebuy GT2, and i aint buying a new one, so yeah, only PC :)
Wed 26/02/03 at 22:13
Regular
"A man with a stick"
Well there is Toca: Race Driver which is heading to the PC soon, I've got it on PS2 and it's a pretty good racing game, just pig ugly on the console.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Excellent
Excellent communication, polite and courteous staff - I was dealt with professionally. 10/10
Brilliant service.
Love it, love it, love it!
Christopher

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.