GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"The perfect Football game"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sat 05/01/02 at 22:59
Regular
These days, football game developers rely too much on the influence of the Fifa's of the past, and the ISS's of the present.

If one of the developers used a little imagination and creativity, then I am sure that they could easily make the perfect football game which would please the fans of the game no-end. And the simple fact is, they need only use real life action as the sprigboard for their success; I will name a couple of errors and adjustments.

The fans:

Why is it that when you play a match, let's say Halifax versus Blackpool, the stadium is packed to the rafters, and buzzing with the kind of excitement you would only get in a cup final?
This problem could easily be fixed by lowering the crowd attendances to coincide with the teams in question. Maybe in the games artificial intelligence, they could introduce a fan-percentage system, e.g. Man Utd, for example, are a big club, therefore, they would have a fan% of 41-49%. And the other team, e.g, Halifax, would have a fan% of 13-35%. Using this theory, the computer would see these teams about to play in a match, with a combined total of 74%( 41 for Man Utd, and 33 for Halifax), and then the computer would fill the stadium with 74% of the seats taken; as you would expect for a match with the two teams. If you then put the theory to work with different combinations of teams, you would see that it works, because of the percent system which is incorparated. A final extra would be removing a percentage of the fans, depending on the score line every ten-minutes, or the shots for both teams(more means an action packed match) also every ten-minutes. Enough of the fans now, lets examine another aspect.

The pitch:

Many friends of mine, and i'm sure of everyone else, has talked of there anger at the fact that the pitch stays in immaculate condition, regardless of he fact that it is pouring down with rain, with the football being played for 90 minutes.
This could be fixed, although it is slightly harder to try and remedy. By using the overall action-area stats(the parts of the pitch where the football has seen the most action), When the computer updates the stats for them stats, it could see that a particular part of the pitch has seen a lot of the ball, therefore, it could make that part of the pitch gradually deteriorate, maybe by gradually darkening that part from green, to brown.
Another aspect is the players reactions to the weather, they could slip in the rain, and grow tired quicker in the sun.

There are other little, t**-bits which could be spoken about, the players and stadiums etc, but the game developers could easily sort that themselves using common-sense. If any of you guys agree, let me know, and thanks for reading this.
There have been no replies to this thread yet.
Sat 05/01/02 at 22:59
Regular
"5 European Cups!!!"
These days, football game developers rely too much on the influence of the Fifa's of the past, and the ISS's of the present.

If one of the developers used a little imagination and creativity, then I am sure that they could easily make the perfect football game which would please the fans of the game no-end. And the simple fact is, they need only use real life action as the sprigboard for their success; I will name a couple of errors and adjustments.

The fans:

Why is it that when you play a match, let's say Halifax versus Blackpool, the stadium is packed to the rafters, and buzzing with the kind of excitement you would only get in a cup final?
This problem could easily be fixed by lowering the crowd attendances to coincide with the teams in question. Maybe in the games artificial intelligence, they could introduce a fan-percentage system, e.g. Man Utd, for example, are a big club, therefore, they would have a fan% of 41-49%. And the other team, e.g, Halifax, would have a fan% of 13-35%. Using this theory, the computer would see these teams about to play in a match, with a combined total of 74%( 41 for Man Utd, and 33 for Halifax), and then the computer would fill the stadium with 74% of the seats taken; as you would expect for a match with the two teams. If you then put the theory to work with different combinations of teams, you would see that it works, because of the percent system which is incorparated. A final extra would be removing a percentage of the fans, depending on the score line every ten-minutes, or the shots for both teams(more means an action packed match) also every ten-minutes. Enough of the fans now, lets examine another aspect.

The pitch:

Many friends of mine, and i'm sure of everyone else, has talked of there anger at the fact that the pitch stays in immaculate condition, regardless of he fact that it is pouring down with rain, with the football being played for 90 minutes.
This could be fixed, although it is slightly harder to try and remedy. By using the overall action-area stats(the parts of the pitch where the football has seen the most action), When the computer updates the stats for them stats, it could see that a particular part of the pitch has seen a lot of the ball, therefore, it could make that part of the pitch gradually deteriorate, maybe by gradually darkening that part from green, to brown.
Another aspect is the players reactions to the weather, they could slip in the rain, and grow tired quicker in the sun.

There are other little, t**-bits which could be spoken about, the players and stadiums etc, but the game developers could easily sort that themselves using common-sense. If any of you guys agree, let me know, and thanks for reading this.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Many thanks!!
Registered my website with Freeola Sites on Tuesday. Now have full and comprehensive Google coverage for my site. Great stuff!!
John Shepherd
Second to none...
So far the services you provide are second to none. Keep up the good work.
Andy

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.