GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"if your going to make a getaway 2 at least start from scratch"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'The Getaway: Black Monday'.
Sat 22/02/03 at 22:07
Regular
if the makers of the getaway, team soho are going to make a sequel to the getaway dont you think they should start from scratch by sitting down thinking and making people from the public to write into them and tell what they want because i think game developers should listen to the public a great example was rockstar games they listened to what the public wanted and they ended up producing the best game anyone has ever played or seen before the great 'grand theft auto: vice city 'and it sold millions so i think that the creators of the getaway should take a leaf out of rockstars book and do the same with a sequel who knows what they could produce it could be the the best game ever. what do you think?
Sun 23/02/03 at 12:19
Regular
"  "
What would be the point on starting The Getaway all over again? Surely it's better to spend the time making the exisiting one better (Which I like very much) rather than wasting time starting again, and releasing a game that may be no better than the original.
Sun 23/02/03 at 12:04
Regular
"Festivus!"
†HÊ MÅÐMÃÑ wrote:
> then how come the sims is no.1 and Vice city os no.2?

How come GTA3 isn't in the top 3 then? Is it not a good game anymore? The masses simply buy what is perceived as cool and new - GTA:VC has been out for a while and therefore sales have dropped. If tables were turned then GTA:VC would probably still be top and the sims second.

If i was going by yout then Super Mario World should still be at the top of the charts
Sun 23/02/03 at 11:36
Regular
"no longer El Blokey"
maddmun wrote:
> PS2: Looks "Cool", is too easy.

Played Maximo? Pro Evolution 2 on 5 stars? Completed Vice City 100%
Sun 23/02/03 at 11:30
Regular
"Max Power"
mazer.com wrote:
> have you played on vice city its world class and is worth every bit of
> hype dont get me wrong i love other games as well.

is the sims an exerlent game? whats that no

then how come the sims is no.1 and Vice city os no.2?
Sun 23/02/03 at 10:44
Regular
Mr Munkey wrote:
> idlewild wrote:
>
> Play the Gamecube. It's better.
>
> The gamecube IS for kiddies look at the starting menu with z button
> lol.

It looks like that from the outside, but when you play the games and fail miserably EVERY SINGLE TIME you realise that a kid could never be able to finish this game.

What it is:

Gamecube: Looks kiddy, incredibly non-kiddy.
PS2: Looks "Cool", is too easy.
X-Box: N/A (I don't own one, cant say)
Sun 23/02/03 at 10:28
Regular
"Festivus!"
Mr Munkey wrote:
> idlewild wrote:
>
>
> The gamecube IS for kiddies look at the starting menu with z button
> lol.

All the nursery school children love to waste there days on Resident Evil, Eternal Darkness and the like, don't they?
Sun 23/02/03 at 08:25
Regular
idlewild wrote:

The gamecube IS for kiddies look at the starting menu with z button lol.
Sat 22/02/03 at 23:08
Regular
"Festivus!"
mazer.com wrote:
> have you played on vice city its world class and is worth every bit of
> hype dont get me wrong i love other games as well.

Obviously brain washed by the masses.

What other games do you play? Only ones which your mates buy or have blood in, am i wrong.

Play the Gamecube. It's better.
Sat 22/02/03 at 22:14
Regular
have you played on vice city its world class and is worth every bit of hype dont get me wrong i love other games as well.
Sat 22/02/03 at 22:09
Regular
"Must be Parkinson's"
I think it's a bit rich/poor/middle class of you to say that GTA: Vice City was the greatest game in the world.

But yes, chips and fish are nice.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

10/10
Over the years I've become very jaded after many bad experiences with customer services, you have bucked the trend. Polite and efficient from the Freeola team, well done to all involved.
Excellent
Excellent communication, polite and courteous staff - I was dealt with professionally. 10/10

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.