GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"If you're struggling...."

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sat 05/01/02 at 21:53
Regular
This may sound like a bit of self promotion but, well, it isn't.

Recently there have been a few posts about copied reviews, which seems to be an ever-growing problem. As Grix said what's so hard about seeing a film/playing a game and writing your own opinion about it.

I write a lot and I've had a few GAD successes so if you want some advice look in Liso's "Console after console... Life after death" thread and there's some pointers.

I'm not claiming to know everything but if you've been copying reviews to try and win GAD then try following my advice and you'll have a much better chance.

One piece of extra advice.. ask salevaa what he does because man, is that guy a prolific, interesting, and eloquent poster.
Sun 06/01/02 at 01:14
Regular
"funky blitzkreig"
The link to wisdom is:
http://ukchatforums.reserve.co.uk/ display_messages.php?threadid=29299&forumid=416
(remove space)

and Meka, you would scare newbie's to death if you quoted Samuel L. Jackson... I like it a lot :-)
Sun 06/01/02 at 00:20
Regular
"Maximum Homerdrive"
yeah i admit i came here hoping to win game a day and i hated it when i didn't win but now i come here to talk trash and if i win i win if i don't i err don't.

at least i have my muffins :)
Sat 05/01/02 at 23:59
Regular
"not dead"
misterhappy wrote:

If you want to add advice
> feel free. Perhaps it's our duty as regular's to shepard the newbies and JAT's
> on to the straight and narrow.

Yeah, I kinda got this passage memorize, for when I find a copied review, something I like so say to these damn dirty copiers.

"The path of the
righteous man is beset on all sides
by the inequities of the selfish
and the tyranny of evil men.
Blessed is he who, in the name of
charity and good will, shepherds
the weak through the valley of the
darkness. For he is truly his
brother's keeper and the finder of
lost children.
And I will strike down upon thee
with great vengeance and furious
anger those who attempt to poison
and destroy my brothers. And you
will know I am the Lord when I lay
my vengeance upon you."

I been sayin' that shtuff for years. And if you ever heard it, it meant your ash. I never really questioned what it meant. I thought it was just a cold-blooded thing to say to a muddyfunster 'fore you reported his post. But I saw some shtuff this mornin' made me think twice. Now I'm thinkin', it could mean you're the evil man. And I'm the righteous man. And Mr. .45 here, he's the shepherd protecting my righteous ash in the valley of darkness. Or is could by you're the righteous man and I'm the shepherd and it's the world that's evil and selfish. I'd like that. But that shtuff ain't the truth. The truth is you're the weak. And I'm the tyranny of evil men. But I'm tryin'. I'm tryin' real hard to be a shepherd.

Is that what you mean?

I made that up myself I did*.

*(It's from Pulp Fiction (and the passage is from the Bible), slightly edited)
Sat 05/01/02 at 23:19
Regular
"!"£$%^&*()_+"
ahh i've be trying for month too, ok now i'll just try posting.
Sat 05/01/02 at 22:14
Regular
"I like cheese"
I tried to win GAD for months when I first joined nearly 2 years ago, and one day I read some news on MGS2 and I was so excited I wrote a very long post about it. Next day, I was shocked to see I'd won.

Don't always try, just post. It'll get you further, and you won't get so frustrated. It worked for me, and although the GAD page says otherwise, I've won 17 prizes all together.

Not that I'm boasting, after all, pb's won 26. :D

Nice post happyman.
Sat 05/01/02 at 22:00
Regular
"funky blitzkreig"
That was one of my points. I post about things I'm interested in. If I can get people writing better, more interesting posts instead of going to UK reviews and copying in an Amazon review then I'll be happy.

If you want to add advice feel free. Perhaps it's our duty as regular's to shepard the newbies and JAT's on to the straight and narrow.
Sat 05/01/02 at 21:59
Regular
"¬_¬"
Or†ega wrote:
> THe point is a lot of people dont come here to share opinions or chat. They are
> just here to win games...

When I started on SR I just did reviews and big posts. However, now, I haven't done a long review in weeks. I just come on here to chat and share opinions. I prefer chatting, I don't care about games at the moment because there aren't many good ones coming out.
Sat 05/01/02 at 21:57
Regular
THe point is a lot of people dont come here to share opinions or chat. They are just here to win games...
Sat 05/01/02 at 21:53
Regular
"funky blitzkreig"
This may sound like a bit of self promotion but, well, it isn't.

Recently there have been a few posts about copied reviews, which seems to be an ever-growing problem. As Grix said what's so hard about seeing a film/playing a game and writing your own opinion about it.

I write a lot and I've had a few GAD successes so if you want some advice look in Liso's "Console after console... Life after death" thread and there's some pointers.

I'm not claiming to know everything but if you've been copying reviews to try and win GAD then try following my advice and you'll have a much better chance.

One piece of extra advice.. ask salevaa what he does because man, is that guy a prolific, interesting, and eloquent poster.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

The coolest ISP ever!
In my opinion, the ISP is the best I have ever used. They guarantee 'first time connection - everytime', which they have never let me down on.
Wonderful...
... and so easy-to-use even for a technophobe like me. I had my website up in a couple of hours. Thank you.
Vivien

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.