GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Dead To Rights: Purchase or Leave?"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'Dead To Rights'.
Sun 23/02/03 at 00:43
Regular
Hey everyone, sorry for creating a thread about this, but i have been following the progress of Dead To Rights for the xbox and am wondering whether or someone has played it yet. I have checked out a lot of reviews and the results have been between 7 and 9.. so averaging about 8. I hate this, this score is one when you can never decide, i only ever like buying AAA games, but the reviews are either encouraging me to buy it, or to rent it out first, but as my local blockbuster's is a piece of 5h1t, so i dont think this will ever happen.

So to cut a long story short, has anyone play this game suffieciently enough to advise me buy this.

Cheers.
Fri 28/02/03 at 14:38
Regular
"Erm....."
Some people might love this game so i dont want to hurt there feeling, if so, look away now

AVOID!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hidden-Death

www.worldofgamers.com
Fri 28/02/03 at 13:59
Regular
"accidental superher"
i think it's quite a fun game...quite arcadey in some ways.
the similarities to max payne are actually pretty minimal -yes there is bullet time but you rarely need to use it at all and when you do it's not actually THAT useful
only part of the game that annoys me is the hand to hand combat
the targetting system and camera is pretty good on the whole
graphics are rather unspectacular but will do i guess
Thu 27/02/03 at 20:59
Regular
LOL.. it does look good, and it does sound in theory very good. Though i cant help thinking that its just Max Payne in a hat!

There are quite a few games which i am looking forward to now... even though i have just bought MK:DA a few weeks back and havent finished it yet. Eerrm, trying to beat PGR fully. Well, if i happen to walk into a games shop with 35 quid on me, then i will very strongly think about buying it.
Thu 27/02/03 at 20:41
Regular
Buy it now its sooooooo fun i cant put it down. there are lots of verietys in gameplay 2 like stripin,bomb disarmin,not drownin,time cop sort of shoutin bits,usin enemys as shields, disarmin enemys, usin a dog,bul;et time.weight liftin,sory cant tell any more coz im gonna go play it
Sun 23/02/03 at 18:45
Regular
Yeah, ive played the demo of orta on this months issue.. Its a pretty nice game.. Though i cant help thinking that its lylat wars. Its just the same basically but with much better graphics and gameplay.

Shenmue2 was pretty cool. Chasing that boy around in the city streets to reclaim your bag.

Lamborghini is awsome too. Lets hope that it is released (and that the bugs are fixed).

Indiana Jones was good demo, p*ssed on all tomb raider games.

I feel that the demo discs are feeling abit skinny nower days.. there wasnt really much on their.. i used to love watchin the top five plays and all that.

Anyways,

Im gonna have a look into dead to rights soon probably.

Cheers for the info lads/ladettes

ta
Sun 23/02/03 at 18:27
Regular
"Gamertag Star Fury"
New OXM has a one level demo of it on the cover dvd, anyhow;

Involves; riding a dragon that has 3 different modes and shooting other dragons/flying things/gigantic bosses, that attack from all side and angles, and amazing level designs, and you're actually this girl riding the dragon with a blaster thing.

Storyline: another "evil regime X has done bad thing X so you decide to kill them all in a rebellion because it is the only way" story

Genre: flying shoot em up, but it's amazing and you have to see it running !

~~Belldandy~~
Sun 23/02/03 at 17:58
Regular
"Remember me?"
Lou Role wrote:
> If I could only afford the one game though, I would go for Panzer
> Dragoon Orta.

I've been hearing a lot about this one? Anyone care to give me an insight into what it invloves? Storyline (roughly)? Genre?

Cheers.
Sun 23/02/03 at 16:51
Regular
"Just Bog Standard.."
Well, personally I would buy it, because I did.

:)

It is good, in my opinion it is better than Max Payne, the control system is just so much better.

I played it for about an hour last night, I got to stage 3 but I was just kinda baggerin around a bit, just checking out what was what.

So I dont imagine it will be all that long since there are only 15 stages, but I imagine the stages will be pretty difficult in the later levels.

Certainly one worth buying, but there are a tonne of great games due out over the next few weeks.

If I could only afford the one game though, I would go for Panzer Dragoon Orta.
Sun 23/02/03 at 09:45
Regular
"Gamertag Star Fury"
I've only played it briefly, but it looks like Max PAyne's inferior brother....save your cash and get Battle Engine Aquila next week, or wait another week and get MGS2 Substance, or wait another week and there's tons of stuff coming out.

~~Belldandy~~
Sun 23/02/03 at 00:43
Regular
Hey everyone, sorry for creating a thread about this, but i have been following the progress of Dead To Rights for the xbox and am wondering whether or someone has played it yet. I have checked out a lot of reviews and the results have been between 7 and 9.. so averaging about 8. I hate this, this score is one when you can never decide, i only ever like buying AAA games, but the reviews are either encouraging me to buy it, or to rent it out first, but as my local blockbuster's is a piece of 5h1t, so i dont think this will ever happen.

So to cut a long story short, has anyone play this game suffieciently enough to advise me buy this.

Cheers.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Excellent
Excellent communication, polite and courteous staff - I was dealt with professionally. 10/10
Brilliant service.
Love it, love it, love it!
Christopher

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.