GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Silent Hill 3, in Europe First!?!?!?!?"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'Silent Hill 3'.
Sun 23/02/03 at 11:06
Regular
I just found this news item on Gamespot:

"Konami of Europe has announced that Silent Hill 3 will be released in Europe on May 23, before the release of the North American and Japanese versions of the game. In Silent Hill 3, players take control of a woman named Heather, who ventures through a town only to find that it's being overrun by a group of incredibly strange creatures. The development team has constructed an entirely new engine for the game that has enabled them to construct highly detailed character models and environments. The game also features proprietary audio technology that mimics the surround sound experience.
Silent Hill 3 is scheduled for release in North America in August."

Nice one, not only is it a game I'm very much eager to play, but it's coming out to us Europeans before Japan and America. Lets hope this isn't just a one off.
Sat 01/03/03 at 17:36
Regular
"" I like your Gun""
Samauel and Silent Hill for all the bof jobs who make a living out of correcting my bad grammer!
Sat 01/03/03 at 17:35
Regular
"" I like your Gun""
I hope Silent Hill3 goes back, refers to, what happened in the previous games, mainly Smeual and other things. I love that bit in Silnet Hill 1 when the nurse trys to run after you for help.!!? I spent a good hour trying to work the door code, and then when i did.... sh(*! Lisa go away, jus...go away!!!!!!
Thu 27/02/03 at 15:15
Regular
"where's my tag?"
Right, ok.

But It could happan sometime in the future that they get enhancements if we got the games released here first. I personally don't mind getting games last because of possible extras that mite be added for us.
Wed 26/02/03 at 22:20
Regular
"A man with a stick"
It comes out three months earlier than America and Japan over here, so that doesn't leave much time to put extra stuff in the game.
Tue 25/02/03 at 18:31
Regular
"where's my tag?"
NO WAY! This would be a bad trend! A very very bad trend! You don't get it do you? When games get released in Japan and America first they're normally rushed versions and are incomplete. When we Brits finanlly get our hands on these games we are normaly treated to special features like Antialiasing and extra modes. Things that the Japs and Yanks are first to miss out on! See, do you get it? With Silent Hill 3 being released first over here it mite be the jippy-Japps and the civil-war-yankies that get the extra modes and stuff. So I please-please hope this is just a one off...
Tue 25/02/03 at 17:25
Regular
"Cigar smoker"
Good news most defintely, about time we got some games released over here instead of being 3rd in line!

Played SH2 with my mate in a dark room from about 9pm till 3am, as FFF says damn scary in parts and the developers have certainly got a twisted side to their nature :)

Damn good game though and I think this'll be going on my wanted list very near the top.
Tue 25/02/03 at 12:13
Regular
"Dont come here ofte"
I saw same press release on CVG website so it must be true.
Hopefully like you say it is the start of a trend ...
Sun 23/02/03 at 14:08
"period drama"
A-ha.
Could this be the start of a nice trend of releasing more games over here first? I blummin well hope so, I'd be great, smelly yanks don't deserve it : )

As for the actual game ... no way.
I don't like scary games, not one bit. I can deal with scary films, they never scare me. But scary games do, a lot.
Agh!
Tell that to people who have views on the subject.
Sun 23/02/03 at 11:06
Regular
"A man with a stick"
I just found this news item on Gamespot:

"Konami of Europe has announced that Silent Hill 3 will be released in Europe on May 23, before the release of the North American and Japanese versions of the game. In Silent Hill 3, players take control of a woman named Heather, who ventures through a town only to find that it's being overrun by a group of incredibly strange creatures. The development team has constructed an entirely new engine for the game that has enabled them to construct highly detailed character models and environments. The game also features proprietary audio technology that mimics the surround sound experience.
Silent Hill 3 is scheduled for release in North America in August."

Nice one, not only is it a game I'm very much eager to play, but it's coming out to us Europeans before Japan and America. Lets hope this isn't just a one off.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Many thanks!
You were 100% right - great support!
Impressive control panel
I have to say that I'm impressed with the features available having logged on... Loads of info - excellent.
Phil

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.