GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Just Got Back From My Gig"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sat 05/01/02 at 20:42
Regular
So, I left about 4-ish to my drummer's garage, where we rehearsed our songs a few times over. Our booking time was 6, so we left at 5 and went into a reserved room, where we unpacked out stuff etc and tuned up the instruments.

We performed what was probably one of our best peformances, as I think we were all really together for some reason. We performed four of our songs (the best ones) and the crowd were really into us. I heard that AFI are touring the London area on the 12th, so we might go up there in hopes of talking music with them or something.

Any other SR members in a band here?
Sat 05/01/02 at 20:42
Regular
"Sally On Weekdays!"
So, I left about 4-ish to my drummer's garage, where we rehearsed our songs a few times over. Our booking time was 6, so we left at 5 and went into a reserved room, where we unpacked out stuff etc and tuned up the instruments.

We performed what was probably one of our best peformances, as I think we were all really together for some reason. We performed four of our songs (the best ones) and the crowd were really into us. I heard that AFI are touring the London area on the 12th, so we might go up there in hopes of talking music with them or something.

Any other SR members in a band here?
Sat 05/01/02 at 22:05
Regular
"I am Bumf Ucked"
*points to Goatboy*

He hits himself with drumsticks. He rules.
Sat 05/01/02 at 22:07
Regular
"twothousandandtits"
I play guitar but I'm not in a band...

What do you play Salevaa?
Sat 05/01/02 at 22:14
Regular
"---SOULJACKER---"
I organised a gig, with Earthtone 9 headlining.... I;m not a huge metal fan myself, but with them being as big as they are and all...

Pity we didn't break even, but hey! We had a cool time!

Sonic
Sat 05/01/02 at 22:25
Regular
"Sally On Weekdays!"
Mouldy Cheese wrote:
> *points to Goatboy*

He hits himself with drumsticks. He rules.

Oh cool - someone to talk band with, very interesting. Blank - I really suggest you try and get a band - it's hard work but great fun.

"What do you play Salevaa?"

I play electric guitar.

"I organised a gig, with Earthtone 9 headlining.... I;m not a huge metal fan myself, but with them being as big as they are and all..."

You only have to pay £600-900 to get them to appear? That;s rediculously cheap! I might have to check out Earthtone 9 if they're as good as you make out.
Sat 05/01/02 at 22:33
Regular
"funky blitzkreig"
Goatboy will tell you that being in a band is great but record execs etc. are a bunch of *cue blast of obscenities*.. personally I recommend you go to...

http://quality.gconnect.com/KLF/Misc/the-manual.txt

It's the now defunct rock band, KLF's guide to how to have a number one single. Brilliant stuff.

hey also burnt the million pounds they made from having a number one single. Yes burnt it.

Geniuses.
Sat 05/01/02 at 22:55
Regular
"Infantalised Forums"
Being in a band rocks.
Playing to 250+ people each time rocks.

Dealing with A&R men and record companies sucks the life from your soul.
Don't listen to these people, do not respect them.
Do not think they are interested in your music, they're not.
They are interested in you as a commodity.
Example:
Sent V2 a demo 1 year ago and they responded with "not what we're looking for right now, and it sounds a bit under-produced."
Sent V2 the exact same demo 4 months ago, and because we now have labels interested, "This is a promising start, we would appreciate the opportunity to come and see you perform."

Yeah, sure.

Don't trust them, don't think they want to help.
Do not think they know more than you do, they don't. They know other people.
I can tell you *exactly* how interested A&R men are at gigs about the band playing.

Last show we did, we played The Barfly. A&R on the way in talking to the doorman "Any birds worth a shag?".
That's your level of interest, right there.
It can be any band up there, doesn't matter.
Making it when we started was a matter of wanting to be big, making it now is a matter of revenge and a finger in their faces.

2002: Parker owns music.
Sun 06/01/02 at 10:28
Regular
"Sally On Weekdays!"
"It's the now defunct rock band, KLF's guide to how to have a number one single. Brilliant stuff."

Had a look - might have a better look later though.

"They also burnt the million pounds they made from having a number one single. Yes burnt it.

Geniuses."

Burnt it!? Good god!

"Being in a band rocks.
Playing to 250+ people each time rocks."

Goaty, do you get that adrenaline rush when you're playing? I really get going and I can play with a hell of a lot more heart if I have an adrenaline rush.

"Making it when we started was a matter of wanting to be big, making it now is a matter of revenge and a finger in their faces."

We're intending on staying "Underground" and we don't really have any intention of going big-time with our band - we just do it for fun, but after college, we are all going to get jobs, but still do the band on weekends. I want to be a computer programmer or web designer.

Oh, and we finally found a band name (thanks to RBS), Grifter.
Sun 06/01/02 at 14:44
Regular
"---SOULJACKER---"
Well, actually ET9 only cost £300- it was for charity you see!

Sonic
Sun 06/01/02 at 15:52
Regular
"Amphib-ophile"
I'm in a band but I do solo performances as well. The band does a bit of everything - recently got £50 each on New Year's eve for an hours work. I play keyboards, guitar and bass (not all at once, obviously) and the lead vocals. As a band, our biggest audience was about 250-300. I've performed solo in front of 2000. That was difficult. What about your band, Salevaa?

The one thing I can't stand is people who diss other people because of their musical tastes. It's none of their business.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

First Class!
I feel that your service on this occasion was absolutely first class - a model of excellence. After this, I hope to stay with Freeola for a long time!
Just a quick note to say thanks for a very good service ... in fact excellent service..
I am very happy with your customer service and speed and quality of my broadband connection .. keep up the good work . and a good new year to all of you at freeola.
Matthew Bradley

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.