GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Just Got Back From My Gig"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sat 05/01/02 at 20:42
Regular
So, I left about 4-ish to my drummer's garage, where we rehearsed our songs a few times over. Our booking time was 6, so we left at 5 and went into a reserved room, where we unpacked out stuff etc and tuned up the instruments.

We performed what was probably one of our best peformances, as I think we were all really together for some reason. We performed four of our songs (the best ones) and the crowd were really into us. I heard that AFI are touring the London area on the 12th, so we might go up there in hopes of talking music with them or something.

Any other SR members in a band here?
Mon 07/01/02 at 10:26
Regular
"Profit of Doom"
Goatboy wrote:
> So like Slipknot?

Heh.:) Nah mate, nothing like Slipknot. We're more of a moody-sounding band. Radiohead and Tool have been bounded around a lot, with regards to our sound.

Check out http://www.waffle.luvs.it and the Local Music section. There's some good bands with MP3's available to download from them.

Oh, we're Machine Made Man, but band name is changing soon, due to us hating it.
Mon 07/01/02 at 09:54
Regular
"Acid Casual"
Yes I play in a band too. How delightful!

Play guitar me.

Biggest gig? Well.. I was part of a band (a side project of what I do regularly) who opened the Manic Millennium on NYE 1999 in Cardiff's Millennium Stadium. I played to 60,000 people. It was, as you can imagine amazing. Its one of my greatest achievements to date.

Played Reading/Leeds on the smaller stage too.

Worst gig? Hmmm.. injured my back and had to play sat in a chair at a giant open air gig to launch the Welsh assembly.

Playing in a rock band erm, rocks.
Mon 07/01/02 at 09:38
Regular
"Infantalised Forums"
So like Slipknot?
Mon 07/01/02 at 08:44
Regular
"Profit of Doom"
Been playing drums for a while now, well, since I was 16 anyway. I plays in a band too and there's 6 of us. 2 Guitarists who play Keyboards, Bongos and Tabla as well, Bass, Singer and Turntables bloke.
Sun 06/01/02 at 20:10
i have been playing guitar for about 8 years now, but only have seriously thought about being in a band recently. my friend (lead guitarist) and i take our influences from guns n roses to metallica, the doors to monty python. we try to mix rock, blues, classical, and shove in indecipherable lyrics.
Sun 06/01/02 at 19:56
Regular
"allardini's tagline"
Im in a band that consists of 5 13 year old school boys that has written no songs. It has a drummer (me), a bass player, a keyboarder, a singer and a synthesizer. Unfortunately, we don't have a guitarist. It's rather depressing....
Sun 06/01/02 at 18:22
Regular
"Sally On Weekdays!"
"How big is yours?"

We have one vocalist who also plays lead guitar, a keyboarder, a drummer and 2nd guitar (me). Due to our low budget, we don't have a bass guitar :(

"Are you in to loud but melodic stuff like Linkin Park, Manson and Rammstein or simply loud stuff?"

I am into quite a lot of Rock like Rammstein, but I don't like crazy, OTT rock. We perform in Rock-sort of style, but we are not crazy, like lighting ourselves on fire or anything.

"I've played in front of 4,000.... mind you that was a Jazz band..."

Good god - I could never do that - well, not anyway.

"You sued the name I suggested? Cool :-D"

Not exactly - we used it, not sued it! :P
Sun 06/01/02 at 17:15
Regular
"You've upset me"
RastaBillySkank wrote:
>sued

Sued? Lol@me

*Used
Sun 06/01/02 at 17:12
Regular
"You've upset me"
You sued the name I suggested? Cool :-D
Sun 06/01/02 at 16:44
I've played in front of 4,000.... mind you that was a Jazz band...

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Thanks!
Thank you for dealing with this so promptly it's nice having a service provider that offers a good service, rare to find nowadays.
Many thanks!!
Registered my website with Freeola Sites on Tuesday. Now have full and comprehensive Google coverage for my site. Great stuff!!
John Shepherd

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.