GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Dare Devil - Reviewed"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'Top Gear Dare Devil'.
Sun 23/02/03 at 14:00
Regular
Dare Devil, quite possibly the most eagerly anticipated film of the year has hit the big screen like few others have in the past. I’m not saying it’s as good as the stunning Lord Of The Rings movies but not far from it. Many of you may be thinking this is just another Spider-Man movie brought to you by Marvel but you could not be farther from the truth.
As usual we have the two lives of a super hero, by day Ben Affleck plays “Matt Murdock” an attorney for the poorer yet innocent members of society however if the courts fail to do justice at night Matt Murdock becomes Dare Devil. This masked vigilante swoops over the city falling from buildings and jumping from rooftops he speeds to the guilty to deal out justice.
Now you may be thinking this is all well and good however what makes Matt so special that he thinks he can take down the criminal world? Well I’ll tell you. When Matt was a child a freak accident lead to bio hazardous chemicals flooding into his eyes. Although this took Matt’s sight he gained a lot in return. The chemicals sharpened his other four senses to perfection and although he could no longer see, he also gains a kind of radar through his now bat like ears.
Like every film worth seeing this film has a girl, Elektra (Brilliantly played by Jennifer Garner) is the woman of Dare Devil’s dreams however this damsel is not in distress. Jennifer rivals Dare Devil himself as a fighter so needless to say the fight scenes are nothing short of spectacular.
This is were the film gets interesting, now we have identified the good guys lets talk about the villains. The Kingpin of NY (Poorly played by Michael Clarke Duncan) may be wealthy and powerful like most villains in the world but he calls upon the help of his Irish assassin Bullseye (Expertly played by Collin Farrell) to murder all the people he can’t.
This is when Dare Devil truly saves the day, using his radar and other super human senses he defeats Bullseye and the Kingpin himself in two (slightly long-winded) intense fights. The best aspects of these spectacular fights are the originality, fighting to the death inside a cathedral then inside a flooding office with no way out except the window.
In conclusion this film has the tremendous aspects of originality, a superb cast (mainly), an excellent story line and scenes of true passion and intensity that will keep you on the edge of your seat the entire time. This is an experience you may never find at the cinema again (if you don’t go to Lord Of The Rings – Return Of The King) so go today or as soon as possible and enjoy the movie event you’ll be talking about for weeks.
Sun 23/02/03 at 14:00
Regular
"Sex On Wheels"
Dare Devil, quite possibly the most eagerly anticipated film of the year has hit the big screen like few others have in the past. I’m not saying it’s as good as the stunning Lord Of The Rings movies but not far from it. Many of you may be thinking this is just another Spider-Man movie brought to you by Marvel but you could not be farther from the truth.
As usual we have the two lives of a super hero, by day Ben Affleck plays “Matt Murdock” an attorney for the poorer yet innocent members of society however if the courts fail to do justice at night Matt Murdock becomes Dare Devil. This masked vigilante swoops over the city falling from buildings and jumping from rooftops he speeds to the guilty to deal out justice.
Now you may be thinking this is all well and good however what makes Matt so special that he thinks he can take down the criminal world? Well I’ll tell you. When Matt was a child a freak accident lead to bio hazardous chemicals flooding into his eyes. Although this took Matt’s sight he gained a lot in return. The chemicals sharpened his other four senses to perfection and although he could no longer see, he also gains a kind of radar through his now bat like ears.
Like every film worth seeing this film has a girl, Elektra (Brilliantly played by Jennifer Garner) is the woman of Dare Devil’s dreams however this damsel is not in distress. Jennifer rivals Dare Devil himself as a fighter so needless to say the fight scenes are nothing short of spectacular.
This is were the film gets interesting, now we have identified the good guys lets talk about the villains. The Kingpin of NY (Poorly played by Michael Clarke Duncan) may be wealthy and powerful like most villains in the world but he calls upon the help of his Irish assassin Bullseye (Expertly played by Collin Farrell) to murder all the people he can’t.
This is when Dare Devil truly saves the day, using his radar and other super human senses he defeats Bullseye and the Kingpin himself in two (slightly long-winded) intense fights. The best aspects of these spectacular fights are the originality, fighting to the death inside a cathedral then inside a flooding office with no way out except the window.
In conclusion this film has the tremendous aspects of originality, a superb cast (mainly), an excellent story line and scenes of true passion and intensity that will keep you on the edge of your seat the entire time. This is an experience you may never find at the cinema again (if you don’t go to Lord Of The Rings – Return Of The King) so go today or as soon as possible and enjoy the movie event you’ll be talking about for weeks.
Sun 23/02/03 at 14:08
Regular
"Cardboard Tube Ninj"
There's an actual forum for things like this.
Sun 23/02/03 at 14:09
Regular
"Sex On Wheels"
True but A-Nobody realy goes in it often and B- I didn't think it looked right next to topics such as "Go Joey"
Sun 23/02/03 at 14:13
Regular
"Cardboard Tube Ninj"
It gets a decent amount of visitors, and they'll actually want to talk about the film rather than just come and hijack the thread to have a meandering conversation about nothing.

Not that I'm stereotyping the standard response to a post in this forum or anythng.

And the post called "Go Joey" is proof that sitcoms are bad for your health.
Sun 23/02/03 at 14:16
Regular
"Sex On Wheels"
lol true on all counts but there are some very very random topics here anyway and more visitors so it doesn't really matter. Anyway...have you seen Dare Devil?
Sun 23/02/03 at 14:17
Regular
"no longer El Blokey"
Doesn't matter what other crap goes on in Chat, this is still in the WRONG FORUM, which makes you an IDIOT.
Sun 23/02/03 at 14:17
Regular
"Cardboard Tube Ninj"
Nope, last night I left the house on a leisure related trip for the first time in about 16 days. And that was to see live music.
Sun 23/02/03 at 14:19
Regular
"Cardboard Tube Ninj"
El Blokey wrote:
> Doesn't matter what other crap goes on in Chat, this is still in the
> WRONG FORUM, which makes you an IDIOT.

Hush wench-child.
Sun 23/02/03 at 14:19
Regular
"no longer El Blokey"
Quit stealing my bit. I'm the "guy who tells other people to post in the right forums and quit contributing the ever increasing pile of crap that Chat is".
Sun 23/02/03 at 14:20
Regular
"Sex On Wheels"
Lol thank you Beards. Me clearly no idiut...

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Thank you very much for your help!
Top service for free - excellent - thank you very much for your help.
Continue this excellent work...
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do, I am delighted.

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.