GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Console after console... Life after death"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sat 05/01/02 at 19:26
Regular
Each year (well mainly) a great manufacter brings out a new console, yep a new improved console.
So when one console gets made a year people throw their money down the drain just to buy this one console... which your probably only buying it just cos theres one game on it you like?!
Then once youve bought a console and accumilated games over time and new console comes out! don't that annoy u? i annoys me! And when they first come out they are set at a ridiculas price! Thats why special reserve are the best because they sell them at a discount price and you even sometimes get great offers and deals with the console!!
What happened when the dreamcast came in no one was interested (apart from some people) in getting it because they were waiting for the ps2 to come out. When you go and buy these consoles you leave your hold ones behind, so say good bye to the N64 and DC and Ps1 cos Ps2 and Gamescube and Xbox are coming to rock the joint!
Its silly cos all yer money you waste on pittiful games and a low down console when you save up for the ultimate machine! Who knows what going to be next after GC, Ps2, Xbox? what will it be a 256bit console that runs like a dream? Only time will tell, cos look what happened to the naffy master system and megadrive and snes and nintendo1 they have all said there prayers goodbye! but its good that all these powerful consoles are coming to us? or is it not? it has its ups and downs which is the more graphics the more costly it gets for us and parents!! so what would are predictions be is there going to be a Ps3? or a 2nd evolution of Gamescube?
And it will be roughly around £300-400 maybe more! then you'll be paying more for the games? Thats why special reserve are here to give us the best deals for our games and consoles!
So lets wait and see, who knows what to come!
Well i am going to just stick to the Ps2 and i dont need anthing to snazzy quite just yet!
So gamers let the Ps2, Gamescube and Xbox rool!!!

Sat 05/01/02 at 19:26
Regular
""It's me u want""
Each year (well mainly) a great manufacter brings out a new console, yep a new improved console.
So when one console gets made a year people throw their money down the drain just to buy this one console... which your probably only buying it just cos theres one game on it you like?!
Then once youve bought a console and accumilated games over time and new console comes out! don't that annoy u? i annoys me! And when they first come out they are set at a ridiculas price! Thats why special reserve are the best because they sell them at a discount price and you even sometimes get great offers and deals with the console!!
What happened when the dreamcast came in no one was interested (apart from some people) in getting it because they were waiting for the ps2 to come out. When you go and buy these consoles you leave your hold ones behind, so say good bye to the N64 and DC and Ps1 cos Ps2 and Gamescube and Xbox are coming to rock the joint!
Its silly cos all yer money you waste on pittiful games and a low down console when you save up for the ultimate machine! Who knows what going to be next after GC, Ps2, Xbox? what will it be a 256bit console that runs like a dream? Only time will tell, cos look what happened to the naffy master system and megadrive and snes and nintendo1 they have all said there prayers goodbye! but its good that all these powerful consoles are coming to us? or is it not? it has its ups and downs which is the more graphics the more costly it gets for us and parents!! so what would are predictions be is there going to be a Ps3? or a 2nd evolution of Gamescube?
And it will be roughly around £300-400 maybe more! then you'll be paying more for the games? Thats why special reserve are here to give us the best deals for our games and consoles!
So lets wait and see, who knows what to come!
Well i am going to just stick to the Ps2 and i dont need anthing to snazzy quite just yet!
So gamers let the Ps2, Gamescube and Xbox rool!!!

Sat 05/01/02 at 19:29
Regular
"¬_¬"
Each year??? Ok then, explain for me 1996, 1997, and 1998. and then 2003, 2004 and afterwards. Consoles come out every 5 years or so with about one to two years margin between the different makes. Every year, hah!
Sat 05/01/02 at 20:48
Regular
""It's me u want""
yeah ok see yah point! but u no what i mean!!!
So i did say nearly every year and where have you got 2003 from? its only 2002 now!
Sat 05/01/02 at 20:51
Regular
"¬_¬"
Liso wrote:
> yeah ok see yah point! but u no what i mean!!!
So i did say nearly every year
> and where have you got 2003 from? its only 2002 now!

Yeh, but what other consoles are there? We know that Xbox and GC are being released in 2002, and there are no other consoles announced. The time between announcements of consoles and releases is about 2 years, so that renders a 2003 release of a console impractical and totally impossible.
Sat 05/01/02 at 20:53
Regular
"I won the turnips!!"
I have an inkling that in 2003 the Atari 2 is coming out.
Sat 05/01/02 at 20:58
Regular
"Eric The Half A Bee"
outlaw_uk2002 wrote:
> I have an inkling that in 2003 the Atari 2 is coming out.

lol... thats funny :)
Sat 05/01/02 at 21:01
Regular
""It's me u want""
yeah get you now sos didnt understand yer last post!
Sat 05/01/02 at 21:03
Regular
"¬_¬"
Liso wrote:
> yeah get you now sos didnt understand yer last post!

I'm not going to get angry at you, because your topic was longer than a paragraph. I must advise you though, don't talk with txt speech. You have the time to write things fully, so do so. Otherwise, you seem like an OK person so I'll leave the insults to other people (no, sorry, morons).
Sat 05/01/02 at 21:26
Regular
""It's me u want""
Liso wrote:
Each year (well mainly) a great manufacter brings out a new console, yep a new
improved console.
So when one console gets made a year people throw their money
down the drain just to buy this one console... which your probably only buying
it just cos theres one game on it you like?!
Then once youve bought a console
and accumilated games over time and new console comes out! don't that annoy u? i
annoys me! And when they first come out they are set at a ridiculas price! Thats
why special reserve are the best because they sell them at a discount price and
you even sometimes get great offers and deals with the console!!
What happened
when the dreamcast came in no one was interested (apart from some people) in
getting it because they were waiting for the ps2 to come out. When you go and
buy these consoles you leave your hold ones behind, so say good bye to the N64
and DC and Ps1 cos Ps2 and Gamescube and Xbox are coming to rock the joint!
Its
silly cos all yer money you waste on pittiful games and a low down console when
you save up for the ultimate machine! Who knows what going to be next after GC,
Ps2, Xbox? what will it be a 256bit console that runs like a dream? Only time
will tell, cos look what happened to the naffy master system and megadrive and
snes and nintendo1 they have all said there prayers goodbye! but its good that
all these powerful consoles are coming to us? or is it not? it has its ups and
downs which is the more graphics the more costly it gets for us and parents!! so
what would are predictions be is there going to be a Ps3? or a 2nd evolution of
Gamescube?
And it will be roughly around £300-400 maybe more! then you'll be paying more for the games? Thats why special reserve are here to give us the
best deals for our games and consoles!
So lets wait and see, who knows what to
come!
Well i am going to just stick to the Ps2 and i dont need anthing to
snazzy quite just yet!
So gamers let the Ps2, Gamescube and Xbox
rool!!!

I have posted this again cos when i started this topic i did it so mybe i had a chance in winning gameaday? But then i just suddenly realised to qualify for gameaday you need to enter you full details! which before i hadn't!
So lets hope this topic is a lucky winner!
Sat 05/01/02 at 21:45
Regular
"funky blitzkreig"
Liso wrote:
> So lets hope this topic is a lucky winner!

There's no luck involved in winning gameaday. If you want some advice, and I'm not suggesting that I know everything, because I don't, then here are a few tips..

a. Don't copy reviews. You will get banned. This is not specifically targeted at anyone but there is a misconception in certain areas of the forum that copying reviews from deidcated review sites guarantees GAD success. It doesn't because SR check all potential winners and don't include any cheats. (This isn't aimed at you Liso so don't worry)

b. Pay attention in English. Imagine two artists; one is given two colours, blue and red. The other is given a hundred colours. Who will paint the better picture? 99 times out of 100 it will be the artist with more colours. The point of that analogy is that people with a larger vocabulary - people who know more words - can say things differently and more interestingly. Equally, good spelling and grammar are important.

c. Be interesting. That might seem obvious but think about it from a different perspective. You are working at SR trawling through posts looking for GAD winners; what are you looking for? I have a few suggestions to make your post more interesting, and most importantly more memorable:

-1. Break the paragraphs up with a line between each; it's easier on the eye when reading the post. Liso, your post was interesting but difficult to read because it was one block of text.)

-2. Put some soudbites in. These are short snappy phrases that people remember. If you're looking for examples go to UKreviews and check out the GAD quote. That's usually a soundbite taken from a winning entry. Personally I think it's good to start and finish with a soundbite because that way you have people's attention from the start through to the end. And they remember your post.

-3. Be original. If you are at Special Reserve checking for GAD winners then you have read a heck of a lot of similar posts. If you, the poster, show that person something they've never seen before then you will be in with a chance.

d. This is my most important piece of advice. Basically don't post to win. I know that sounds stupid coming from me, but I honsetly don't post to win GAD. I usually post in the movies forum and that's where I've won most of my GAD's. I post because I want to tell people about something that interests me that I want to share. I recently posted something about cinema ratings and one person said it changed the way he looked at them. I get a kick out of that, knowing that I've posted something that someone else has found relevant. I also like French films so I'm currently doing a series of posts about European cinema because if i get another person to watch a French film then that will make me happy. If you post for fun then believe me, it's ten times more satisfying when you win because you're not expecting it. If you write a post purely as a GAD attempt then you might be disappointed if SR don't choose you; at least if you're posting for fun it doesn't bother you.

Well I hope I've helped.
Keep posting and as half pint said, avoid the txt spk.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Thank you very much for your help!
Top service for free - excellent - thank you very much for your help.
Best Provider
The best provider I know of, never a problem, recommend highly
Paul

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.