GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"console wars-who is da best."

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sun 23/02/03 at 19:26
Regular
OK. This is just getting stupid. Its been going on for ages and I still say PS2 ROCKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Nothing can beat it, and nothing ever will! Lets take the X-Box for example. It doesn't have any good games, the only mildly good one is Halo. The graphics on it aren't exactly a big step up from the PS2. I might consider buying one of these machines- if they were about £10.00! Oh yeah and did I mention it is the spitting image of breeze-block! Maybe brick-box would be a better name for it. I mean come on, do microsoft realy expect to beat sony with a machine that you have BUY an extra to allow you to watch DVD's! Also you have to have Yeti's hands to hold the controller.
Now lets look at the Gamecube. I would way prefer this to the X-Box. It still doesn't overtake the PS2 though. The graphics are not bad. There is also quite a good selection of games. Some of them are actually exciting to play. Like for instance, Luidi's mansion, or Universal studios. The controller is actually normal hand size as well. The gamecube looks stylish as well.
But when it comes down to it, if you count the PC as a console it is the Creme de la creme! If not go out now, right this minute, and buy yourself a PS2, even if you have to order one of the internet for God's sake! They are a bargain at £170.00 and that' with 3 free games!
Here is my top 5 for consoles:
1:PC. (if you count it as a console.)If not:
1: Sony PS2.
2: Nintendo Gamecube.
3: Sony PS1 (smaller version.)
4: Nintendo 64.
5: Microsoft X-Box.

So there you have it my views on the consoles. Oh yeah once again, PS2 is da best!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Sun 23/02/03 at 19:26
Regular
OK. This is just getting stupid. Its been going on for ages and I still say PS2 ROCKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Nothing can beat it, and nothing ever will! Lets take the X-Box for example. It doesn't have any good games, the only mildly good one is Halo. The graphics on it aren't exactly a big step up from the PS2. I might consider buying one of these machines- if they were about £10.00! Oh yeah and did I mention it is the spitting image of breeze-block! Maybe brick-box would be a better name for it. I mean come on, do microsoft realy expect to beat sony with a machine that you have BUY an extra to allow you to watch DVD's! Also you have to have Yeti's hands to hold the controller.
Now lets look at the Gamecube. I would way prefer this to the X-Box. It still doesn't overtake the PS2 though. The graphics are not bad. There is also quite a good selection of games. Some of them are actually exciting to play. Like for instance, Luidi's mansion, or Universal studios. The controller is actually normal hand size as well. The gamecube looks stylish as well.
But when it comes down to it, if you count the PC as a console it is the Creme de la creme! If not go out now, right this minute, and buy yourself a PS2, even if you have to order one of the internet for God's sake! They are a bargain at £170.00 and that' with 3 free games!
Here is my top 5 for consoles:
1:PC. (if you count it as a console.)If not:
1: Sony PS2.
2: Nintendo Gamecube.
3: Sony PS1 (smaller version.)
4: Nintendo 64.
5: Microsoft X-Box.

So there you have it my views on the consoles. Oh yeah once again, PS2 is da best!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Sun 23/02/03 at 19:32
Regular
"Which one's pink?"
Sod off you single minded, asinine, idiotic, illiterally deprived fanboy.
Sun 23/02/03 at 19:33
Regular
"Gamertag Star Fury"
Okay, looks like another potentially valued member here....

Seriously though, we're all fed up of "This console rulez!!!111!!" kinda topics, go read the topic Target: Fanboy and you'll get the drift :P

~~Belldandy~~
Sun 23/02/03 at 19:34
Regular
"Chavez, just hush.."
Crap!

He's just gone and won GAD with this post...

I tried for ages and he wins first time!

Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr
Sun 23/02/03 at 19:37
Regular
"sweats salad dressi"
Narburger for notable!!!!!!!!
Sun 23/02/03 at 19:38
Regular
"sweats salad dressi"
But really, console war posts like this make me cry.:-(
Sun 23/02/03 at 19:43
Regular
"aka memo aaka gayby"
Universal Studios fun and exciting!?!?!?!?!?!

Were you high when you played it???
Mon 24/02/03 at 11:28
Regular
Is it fair to put a PS1 in with next gen stuff like PS2?

Also, what about the "PC". Fair enough a good one can do well at games - a really good one can surpass GC, PS2, and XBox - but thats partly dependant on the individual games. But what is a good PC? My old Pentium 2 is not as good as a PS2 (for games), since a lot of software requires or at least runs much faster on newer equipment.
Tue 25/02/03 at 16:56
Regular
"aka [EIRE] Taig"
Wonder how long it took you to make up atopic and who is the best?
Idiot
Tue 25/02/03 at 16:59
Regular
"Must be Parkinson's"
It's obvious that it's just a regular making a deliberately stupid attempt to build an internet alter-persona, then he will back up or pop his regular egos GAD attempts.

Mystery solved.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Thanks!
Thank you for dealing with this so promptly it's nice having a service provider that offers a good service, rare to find nowadays.
Easy and free service!
I think it's fab that you provide an easy-to-follow service, and even better that it's free...!
Cerrie

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.