GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"****Freeola - Our Say****"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Mon 16/07/07 at 03:53
Regular
"AkaSeraphim"
Username:

Registered For:

Summary Of Freeola:

Summary can include the following...
Freeola likes/dislikes, what keeps bringing you back. Time you spend on it, About your fellow members, Fave forum Catagories, Fave Topics, Anything you want to write about freeola and your time here. The past, the present the future ...

(((I'll edit this post with mine when i've wrote it)))

_-_-_-_ _-_-_-_ _-_-_-_ _-_-_-_ _-_-_-_ _-_-_-_ _-_-_-_ _-_-_-_ _-_-_-_
Mon 16/07/07 at 03:53
Regular
"AkaSeraphim"
Username:

Registered For:

Summary Of Freeola:

Summary can include the following...
Freeola likes/dislikes, what keeps bringing you back. Time you spend on it, About your fellow members, Fave forum Catagories, Fave Topics, Anything you want to write about freeola and your time here. The past, the present the future ...

(((I'll edit this post with mine when i've wrote it)))

_-_-_-_ _-_-_-_ _-_-_-_ _-_-_-_ _-_-_-_ _-_-_-_ _-_-_-_ _-_-_-_ _-_-_-_
Mon 16/07/07 at 09:09
"possibly impossible"
Username: pb

Registered For: Something to do.

Summary Of Freeola:

Freeola is like a second home to me, I've been here so long. I started out of boredom during late shifts at work and it just sort of kept going. There are certainly more interesting and considerate people on this chat forum than most of the others out there.

My favourite forum is probably the Creative Writing for the short stories as it gives me a chance to flex my imaginative muscles, but I love all the other forums too and chat is great to spend hours just talking about everything and nothing.

At the end of the day, though, it's the people who come here that make the forum what it is; Vee, Mark, FM, Meka, Grix, Ladybird, Sunny, Biggie, Alfonse, Chaos, Garin, Borat, Very_metal, Hedfix and everyone else, the place wouldn't be the same without them.
Mon 16/07/07 at 10:11
Regular
"Copyright: FM Inc."
Username: FantasyMeister

Registered For: Gameaday!

Summary Of Freeola:

Nice site, nice people. Originally came here via a competitions site just for free games but then noticed the forums were kicking, full of people that seemed to be interested in videogames and nothing else. Then the universities started installing broadband and it went all emo. Still here for the freebies but mainly for the natters, and the crowd has diversified over the years. On the downside, I generally frequent another couple of forums for undiluted gaming chat, but I still post the most interesting gaming snippets of the day here first.

I was absolutely heartbroken when SR went into liquidation and drifed in the wilderness for a few months, then Freeola plugged in the forums again! Hopefully those that are still drifting will make their way back but lots of new people on here now to make up for their absence.
Mon 16/07/07 at 14:31
Regular
"you've got a beard"
Username: Very_Metal

Registered For: about 3 and a half years i think. stumbled across it by accident and read somethiing funny that deserved a hearty congratulations... then kept coming back :)

Summary Of Freeola: it`s a good mix of people/backgrounds/ages/etc. the number of idiotic fanboys is far lower than other places and there seems to be a great deal less pointless arguing and flaming as well. i like that everyone can rib on everyone else, there`s no "don`t dare mock someone who`s been here longer or you`re banned" that other cliquey places have. i think the main attraction is that the place as a whole doesn`t take itself too seriously and whatever you want to post up will usually garner responses from people that don`t don`t smack of a place where everyone is cooler-than-thou and always looking to prove it.

with that said though, i AM cooler than the rest of you.
so there - "compare yourself to me and then kill yourself" ;)
Mon 16/07/07 at 16:17
Regular
"I may return"
Username: Sunflower

Registered For: GAD

Summary Of Freeola: No comment :P
Mon 16/07/07 at 17:02
Regular
Username: Your Honour

Registered For:2320 days apparently. That's over 6 years. Christ.

Summary Of Freeola:

Signed up and joined in a FoG story that Wookiee & Meka had started. Was on here loads for a few years then, drifted away. Pop back occasionally now. Recognise some of the names of the oldies: pb, FM & Grix (although I thought he was over on the monkey all the time now, but obviously not), Hedfix, Grandprix. But a lot of the names are new to me.

Unfortunately things have changed since I first joined up here & I don't have enough time to spend on here to get to "know" (as much as you can on the interweb) people as much as when I first joined up.
Tue 17/07/07 at 00:57
Regular
"Laughingstock"
Username: Black Glove (aka Sibelius [now defunct])

Registered For: 1631 days and nights (but I was here before that [under a different name])

Summary Of Freeola: I feel like Cincinnatus C. in Nabokov's Invitation to a Beheading. Am I surrounded by animated mannequins playing a perverse game trying everything possible to convince me that I exist?
Tue 17/07/07 at 01:08
Regular
"Twenty quid."
Username: Timmargh

Registered For: A long time, originally for the chat. Never really been that interested in gaming since the days of the BBC Micro and then Commodore Amiga. Have never attempted to win Gameaday (or the old Filmaday).

Summary Of Freeola: It just ain't the same anymore :,^(
Tue 17/07/07 at 01:11
"LOLLERSKATES!"
Username: Biggie Little Jr. - It's varied at times, I used to use a lot of symbols in the name and on the odd occasion i'd remove the 'Jr' part, but that's primarily what it's been. I had a brief period under the name of Toxic Lemons, but then I grew out of it. I suppose i've stuck with this because everyone can remember me by it.

Age: 16 - Don't forget the half! I think i'm quite intelligent for my age although i'm sure a lot of people would argue that. I can't wait until 17 so I can drive, although everything else I want to do, except drinking, I can legally do anyway. I can even play the lotto!

Location: Essex - I love Essex. There's some great people, there is always a party going on, and I'm never bored. It's not so close to the city that you have trouble with things like traffic jams, and it's not rural either so there's people about. It's also a very quick train journey to London, which is very handy.

Registered For: About 4 years, wow, that long. I remember when I first joined and only really posted in the PS2 Worlds longest Thread, which had a great bunch of participants, thus avoiding JAT bashing at the hands of Nash, Azul and Stryke. I immediately had an argument with some idiot called Asho, and I had a couple more arguments although after that i've got on with pretty much everybody.

Summary Of Freeola: Well, it's not Special Reserve, but it's good enough. There isn't the quantity of members there was under the old regime, but most of the members on here are friendly and very easy to talk too. There's a lot more general chit chatting than there used to be, but I don't see a problem with that. I was a member at Special Reserve, and regularly shopped at the Basildon branch, which is slightly infamous as someone was killed with a shotgun outside a nightclub adjacent to it. I was looking for cheats, I came across the forums, and I haven't looked back since.
Tue 17/07/07 at 01:32
Regular
Username: Grix Thraves. Grix, because it sounded good, and Thraves, from an old adventure game book called 'Haunted Cliffs' written by Stephen Thraves. I was called Monkey for a while, but I lost the username.

Location: Pembroke, Pembrokeshire, Wales. It's the bottom left corner of Wales.

Registered For: 2539 days. I've been here since day 1 or 2 of the forums as the previously mentioned 'Monkey'

Summary Of Freeola: I came to this place looking for games news. Discovered you could win games for posts, made a short post about the future of gaming, won, left for a few months, came back, and I've been on and off here ever since.

It went from being somewhere I used to win games, to a place where I for once didn't feel so lonely. In my life I like to pretend I'm fine on my own, that I don't need people, but in reality, I can't stand being alone. So I come on here, I go on Pocket Monkey, and I pretend that being around people makes a difference, and try my best not to feel so alone. Instead, now, I drink, I smoke, I write terrible poetry and I spend time thinking about how I hate the person I am. Sometimes it's nice to come to a place where for some reason, and I'll never understand why, people respect you and people are willing to talk to you. Sometimes I don't feel so alone, and I have this place to thank.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Excellent
Excellent communication, polite and courteous staff - I was dealt with professionally. 10/10
Impressive control panel
I have to say that I'm impressed with the features available having logged on... Loads of info - excellent.
Phil

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.