GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Capcom vs SNK 2"

The "Sony Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sat 05/01/02 at 15:16
Regular
Just wondering if theres anything still for me to earn. Anyone else got this game ? I've been playing it a lot :-)

I've got the Groove Edit mode, Shin Akuma and Ultra Rugal up so far, is there any other characters ?

Also, Anyone got any favourite teams they put together ?

I tend to use Kyo, Yuri and Kim (or Ryo) when I go against people. If I want to get a good score I tend to use Yuri, Ryo and Kim.

Another fun little team to do is the 3 Muei Thai fighters - Sagat, King and Joe Higashi :-)
Thu 10/01/02 at 23:05
Regular
"ATAT Supremo"
Yeah, if I remember right they have 2 versions of the game. 1 is like ours - can't be played online. The other is a little more in price and does have the option to play online. Shame we haven't got the online option really.
Thu 10/01/02 at 22:31
Regular
"!"£$%^&*()_+"
i've heard that japan have an online mode on capcom vs snk 2, but can any one confirm this.
Tue 08/01/02 at 21:21
Regular
"ATAT Supremo"
Well if thats true then at least theres hope that we might see the likes of Kyo and Yuri in games like the Capcom vs SNK series over here :-)

If SNK really are gone then I think a company like Capcom would benefit in buying them, it'd be such ashame for all those great characters to disappear :-(
Tue 08/01/02 at 01:33
Regular
"Maximum Homerdrive"
yeah shame about SNK the Neo Geo pocket was a cool little machine and could be linked to the DC (well in japan) sadly it wasn't around long enough here for such features to be used.

i heard that Neo Geo pocket games are still made in japan and the machine is still avalible there they just gave up with it everywhere else.
Mon 07/01/02 at 12:48
Regular
"ATAT Supremo"
If theres a real complaint I have with Capcom vs SNK 2, its that Kyo seems really lame :-(

I prefer the old version of him when he had a long range fireball move. In the Dreamcast Capcom vs SNK I was able to earn that version of him which was great but now I have to deal with the new version of my favourite 2D character
:-(

Instead of the fireball move he has this lame punch combination. I know Iori still has the move but he's slower than Kyo and then I'd end up missing the kick moves Kyo has. Really gets to me though - theres space for a different Iori, Ryu, Akuma (like this guy needs to be any more psycho) and Rugal (another that doesn't need to be any more drugged up when controlled by the comp), but they can't add the old version of Kyo in for players like me that prefer it.

And with SNK out of business this could be the last game we ever see containing these characters :-(
Mon 07/01/02 at 12:11
Regular
"Profit of Doom"
I always put together extremeley boring team of; Evil Ryu, Ken and Akuma (Gouki) together.

I really like this game. Admittedly, it doesn't look as polished as the Dreamcast version, but it's still *very* good and I like it anyway.

Wait till Guilty Gear X comes out on February 8. The 2D Beat-em-up genre gets a new daddy....:)
Mon 07/01/02 at 01:29
Regular
"Maximum Homerdrive"
yeah he palyed street fighter on the Snes so much i thought that was the only game avalible on the Snes when i was younger ;)
Sun 06/01/02 at 16:30
Regular
"ATAT Supremo"
I used to play Streetfighter 2 and SNK fighters such as King of Fighters and Art of Fighting religously so the names stick after awhile ;-))

Vamp can back that up, I'm sure he remembers the small amount of time each day that I'd be playing those games ;-))
Sun 06/01/02 at 16:02
Regular
"!"£$%^&*()_+"
a lot of player in snk2, i have trouble remebering all the names.
Sun 06/01/02 at 13:21
Regular
"ATAT Supremo"
Yep shes gone home ;-)) Found out how much of a games addict I am too. She kept getting ratty when I played a game, so once she was asleep I was staying up to play games from like midnight till like 3:30am ;-))

I'm sure you'll win GAD soon enough ;-) As for claiming for you if I win, dunno bout that mate, theres a list thats just getting bigger and bigger the more I look at games coming out ;-))

Been looking into that game Dropship - looks pretty good
:-) Played a couple of demos and I quite like it.

I think the next couple of games you should get are Smackdown and GT3 mate. Start the collection by going for games with plenty to do :-) The story mode in Smackdown is short, but theres plenty to earn from doing it and its great creating your own wrestlers - especially when your friends have one too ;-))

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Great services and friendly support
I have been a subscriber to your service for more than 9 yrs. I have got at least 12 other people to sign up to Freeola. This is due to the great services offered and the responsive friendly support.
LOVE it....
You have made it so easy to build & host a website!!!
Gemma

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.