GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"We are all testers in the Great Videogame experiment..."

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sun 23/02/03 at 21:06
Regular
Since it debut in '95, FIFA has appeared on pretty much every console a casual player can mention. From Mega Drive to Gameboy Color, to Playstation to XBox; in many iterations (World cup '98, FIFA '99, etc.)

It's EAs biggest cash cow, in fact probably the biggest cash cow in video games; let's just say the cow s*its money! It's the reason the Tea Lady wears a Versache suit, and why the bog roll is gold-plated.

This was going to be the start to my review of the latest FIFA game, but I thought I'd bring the topic down to the floor. Who pushes the industry, and who tells the pushers where to push to?

In theory, we, the consumer, should be able to choose the direction we go. After all, we pay the money for the game, without us, videogames would still be in the hands of bedroom coders (is that a bad thing?)

Unfortunately, not every company listens; why should they? EA churn out a new FIFA game every year with no improvements and we still buy the darned thing. If FIFA has one thing going for it though, it's fun. Yes, FIFA can be fun to play, unlike many other cash-cows. Tomb Raider, good game. Tomb Raider 2, well, it's playable. Tomb Raider 3, erm... we'll leave it there. Lara chest got bigger, the fun facter didn't. Again, we'll leave it there.

Those that do listen to us seem scrupolous, too. They add a significant feature to game, great, but it should have been put in the first one. Why should I pay money for a game that has a new feature present that wasn't (and should have been) there the first time?

*PaperJpn wipes swea from brow.*

You can probably tell I'm writing this as I go along, maybe I should have planned it better; maybe I'm cramming too many points into one topic. In fact, what is the main point of this topic, it's turning out to be spam. I'm sorry, maybe I should just stick to my FIFA review. Well, talk to you lot later.
Sun 23/02/03 at 21:06
Regular
"Despondent"
Since it debut in '95, FIFA has appeared on pretty much every console a casual player can mention. From Mega Drive to Gameboy Color, to Playstation to XBox; in many iterations (World cup '98, FIFA '99, etc.)

It's EAs biggest cash cow, in fact probably the biggest cash cow in video games; let's just say the cow s*its money! It's the reason the Tea Lady wears a Versache suit, and why the bog roll is gold-plated.

This was going to be the start to my review of the latest FIFA game, but I thought I'd bring the topic down to the floor. Who pushes the industry, and who tells the pushers where to push to?

In theory, we, the consumer, should be able to choose the direction we go. After all, we pay the money for the game, without us, videogames would still be in the hands of bedroom coders (is that a bad thing?)

Unfortunately, not every company listens; why should they? EA churn out a new FIFA game every year with no improvements and we still buy the darned thing. If FIFA has one thing going for it though, it's fun. Yes, FIFA can be fun to play, unlike many other cash-cows. Tomb Raider, good game. Tomb Raider 2, well, it's playable. Tomb Raider 3, erm... we'll leave it there. Lara chest got bigger, the fun facter didn't. Again, we'll leave it there.

Those that do listen to us seem scrupolous, too. They add a significant feature to game, great, but it should have been put in the first one. Why should I pay money for a game that has a new feature present that wasn't (and should have been) there the first time?

*PaperJpn wipes swea from brow.*

You can probably tell I'm writing this as I go along, maybe I should have planned it better; maybe I'm cramming too many points into one topic. In fact, what is the main point of this topic, it's turning out to be spam. I'm sorry, maybe I should just stick to my FIFA review. Well, talk to you lot later.
Sun 23/02/03 at 21:10
"period drama"
No-one really likes Fifa anyway. Except casual gamers .. but they should be shot anyway, for being so stupid.

And TR can't be compared as it is actually a new game each time, new level and ideas etc. whereas Fifa is just update after update.
Sorta

And BEARDS doesn't like reviews that start like that, so don't think you'll win GAD, becuase you won't.
He hates it, he said so himself
Sun 23/02/03 at 21:12
Regular
"Despondent"
Well it's nearly finished anyway, so I can't change it now. What is GAD, I see it evrywhere?
Sun 23/02/03 at 21:15
"period drama"
GAD - Gameaday. What you win if you post a good review. One a day. The whole purpose of doing reviews. Don't give me that 'sharing experiences' crap. You wanna win.
Sun 23/02/03 at 21:17
Regular
"Despondent"
No I didn't. I came here because the topics are more inteligent than those at Nintendo.co.uk (and I couldn't get on the Edge chatforum:)

So you win any game?
Sun 23/02/03 at 21:18
"period drama"
Yup.
Sun 23/02/03 at 21:20
Regular
"Despondent"
I've only been here 2 days. I wouldn't mind Operation Flashpoint or something. You played that. Excellent game.
Sun 23/02/03 at 21:22
Regular
"Despondent"
Can anyone win? What are the chances? They good?
Sun 23/02/03 at 21:27
"period drama"
It depends if you write good reviews or topics or not. That's what affects your chances.
Anyone can win, yes.

Goto gameaday.co.uk and check it out.
Sun 23/02/03 at 21:28
Regular
"aka memo aaka gayby"
You have to be a full SR member to win a game, non-members get a years membership and free gift.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Impressive control panel
I have to say that I'm impressed with the features available having logged on... Loads of info - excellent.
Phil
My website looks tremendous!
Fantastic site, easy to follow, simple guides... impressed with whole package. My website looks tremendous. You don't need to be a rocket scientist to set this up, Freeola helps you step-by-step.
Susan

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.