GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Waste of time!......."

The "Xbox Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 05/09/00 at 18:46
Regular
I read about the "X-Box" yesterday, was interested, and decided to look into it.
When I found out that it was to have a 600Mhz processor,64 meg of RAM etc...., I thought "So What?!":My PC has a better spec than that NOW. The thing will be positively Prehistoric by Autumn 2001.
I also read today that Microsoft are NOT planning digi-VCR for the machine, contrary to popular belief.It is essential for them to implement it, however, otherwise x-box is a non-starter.
Just think, PS2 will have had a whole year to become established!!.........

X-Box should be as follows: 1 Gig processor, 256 Meg Ram, 32 Meg graphics, 2x 30 Gig HD, DVD-RAM (and that is just for starters.......)
Tue 05/09/00 at 18:46
I read about the "X-Box" yesterday, was interested, and decided to look into it.
When I found out that it was to have a 600Mhz processor,64 meg of RAM etc...., I thought "So What?!":My PC has a better spec than that NOW. The thing will be positively Prehistoric by Autumn 2001.
I also read today that Microsoft are NOT planning digi-VCR for the machine, contrary to popular belief.It is essential for them to implement it, however, otherwise x-box is a non-starter.
Just think, PS2 will have had a whole year to become established!!.........

X-Box should be as follows: 1 Gig processor, 256 Meg Ram, 32 Meg graphics, 2x 30 Gig HD, DVD-RAM (and that is just for starters.......)
Wed 06/09/00 at 09:58
Your forgetting one thing. The X-Box isn't a purpose built PC in Video Games Consoles clothing; Its just a video game console! If your comparing the X-Box to a PC by saying that the X-Box will "be positively Prehistoric by Autumn 2001" then isn't the PS2 already obsolete by you Personal Computers standard?

Not everybody owns a PC or any other type of desktop computer for that matter. So for people who want a slice of what PC gamers are proud of (lets face it, PC games on a whole are not the same as console games) there only hope. other than purchasing a top of the range pc, is to buy an X-Box.

I think the majority of people dishing the X-Box, and all other consoles with the exception of PS2, are the old-school PS1 owners, who believe that their machine's successor is far more superior just because of hype, loyalty to Sony and just plain ignorance of other consoles which don't carry the "PS" logo!

M, A PC, N64 and PLAYSTATON Owner!
Wed 13/09/00 at 19:38
hi,M

You are right in what you say. I was merely making the point that microsoft could be better off "upping the ante" a bit more, given that technology moves so quickly.Ill be interested to see Xbox, though.....

I am a PS owner: Graphics are not everything in gaming; playability IS! Its no good having better graphics than a previous console if the games lose that certain"something " that makes you want to play it all night! For example, look at the difference in Formula1-98 compared to formula1-97 (PS)It was supposed to be better!

I like my gaming: Im into driving sims. GT2 is fairly good, regarding the number of cars, graphics etc, but TOCA WTC absolutely leaves it for dead when you are actually racing against competitors with names, parts are flying off your car and other cars are trying to push you off the track! The graphics may not quite be in GT2 territory, but WTC makes racing in GT2 seem quite a dull affair. Long live playability!

Dare!
Sat 16/09/00 at 14:29
Ok the X-box may be kinda powerful but they havn't made many games have they! So they- theoriotically- should be be of a low quality. The only think Microsoft will be able to implement in to their games is a good options/ configuring screen as that's the only bit of gaming experiance they've had which is remotely video game-like!! So the overall X-box Ferret Boy rating is average games, with stunningly excellent menu systems ;)

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Great services and friendly support
I have been a subscriber to your service for more than 9 yrs. I have got at least 12 other people to sign up to Freeola. This is due to the great services offered and the responsive friendly support.
I've been with Freeola for 14 years...
I've been with Freeola for 14 years now, and in that time you have proven time and time again to be a top-ranking internet service provider and unbeatable hosting service. Thank you.
Anthony

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.