GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"X-Box: The Future Console, Like It Or Not!"

The "Xbox Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 05/09/00 at 17:10
Regular
Well, as my subject title suggests the X-Box is (emphasis on "is") the console of the future. Think about it, how rich is Bill Gates? He has the capital and the household name to conquer the games industry. He's already addmitted he cant go on making operating systems forever! The development time between new versions of operating systems is getting smaller, therefore there is increasing diminishing capital returns on making such software! The computer game industry is now bigger than the Music and Film industry so its the perfect place to start a new career path for someone like Bill. Second richest man in the world he is, and has promised he will pump as much money is needed to get the X-Box going; promising he'll sell the console at a loss, not caring that the super consoles are far superior and more expensive than his rivals machines.
Think about it; when Sony announced the PS2 Sony addmitted that the only rivals that they have to compete against was Microsoft: FACT!!! Sony, the current Console Kings are even quaking in their boots at the thought of the X-Box. Now if Sony, a huge company in its own right, fear the X-Box there must be a very good reason for it! Whether o like Bill Gates and his new machine or not the X-Box fate is sealed; as the new console leader!!!

M.
Tue 05/09/00 at 17:10
Well, as my subject title suggests the X-Box is (emphasis on "is") the console of the future. Think about it, how rich is Bill Gates? He has the capital and the household name to conquer the games industry. He's already addmitted he cant go on making operating systems forever! The development time between new versions of operating systems is getting smaller, therefore there is increasing diminishing capital returns on making such software! The computer game industry is now bigger than the Music and Film industry so its the perfect place to start a new career path for someone like Bill. Second richest man in the world he is, and has promised he will pump as much money is needed to get the X-Box going; promising he'll sell the console at a loss, not caring that the super consoles are far superior and more expensive than his rivals machines.
Think about it; when Sony announced the PS2 Sony addmitted that the only rivals that they have to compete against was Microsoft: FACT!!! Sony, the current Console Kings are even quaking in their boots at the thought of the X-Box. Now if Sony, a huge company in its own right, fear the X-Box there must be a very good reason for it! Whether o like Bill Gates and his new machine or not the X-Box fate is sealed; as the new console leader!!!

M.
Sun 10/09/00 at 09:16
I agree wi M. on this, you may not like the X-box now, but how will you feel when it comes out offering the same quality in games as Nintendo and Sony at half the price and with a larger collection of games to choose from? Before Bill Gates has released his machine he has already taken over! Showing the extream power of Microsoft, and leaving fans like me wondering which industry is he going to take over next?
Sun 10/09/00 at 10:13
One thing I think people are forgetting about the X-Box is it comes from Microsoft, BILL GATES. With his multi billionare company he should be able to draw game producers in like mouldy meat to flies. With all his cash he could blow it all on getting the best producers and power he needs to make another sucess. But will his plan stall like Windows 95 eh? With his respect going down the drain, not turning up to trail in court and his wealth leading to jealousy, people are starting to doubt this console. Or is it just another plan to make some more dosh, why not? But he has the cash already, what is he trying to achieve, respect? Wait and see... search for punch bill gates, it's hilarious!
Tue 12/09/00 at 22:11
Regular
"Copyright: FM Inc."
With Bill it's not just money, I think he wants to go down in history not just as the man who helped to develop the 1K BASIC operating system, but as the man who revolutionised the gaming industry. Yes, he has the clout to do it, and the experience of a lifetime in the computing industry, but is he a gamer? Does he enjoy playing games? If he does, what console did he use before the X-Box came out? If he doesn't, how does he stand a chance in the gaming industry?
Wed 13/09/00 at 19:28
Its not Bill whos making the console. He's hired some magic Gaming gurus who ran his PC game empire! The X-box runs on Direct-X, the PC gaming API. If these guys know how to make good use of this tool for the PC then the X-Box games are gonna blow us all away!!!

Have you seen the Robot/Woman demos? They're not FMV sequences (which is all that PS" demos are about!) they're actual game moving mages. Nuff said!!!

M.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Just a quick note to say thanks for a very good service ... in fact excellent service..
I am very happy with your customer service and speed and quality of my broadband connection .. keep up the good work . and a good new year to all of you at freeola.
Matthew Bradley
Second to none...
So far the services you provide are second to none. Keep up the good work.
Andy

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.