GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"My Review of........"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'Monopoly Tycoon'.
Mon 24/02/03 at 15:16
Regular
Monopoly Tycoon. I got this game two years ago but I'm reviewing it now because I have just recently got into it again.
This is nothing like your traditional board game. Bassicly you have a huge city to build residential areas and shops. The game starts in the 1930's and every ten game years new shops come out to replace the old ones. There are different scenarios such as a Daily Profit of £4000. You can also play multiplayer online but nobody seems to be playing it. I guess two years ago people would be playing online all the time. The game has the same streets as the board game and a few new ones.
The graphics are very good except for the buildings look a bit blocky. The character models are a bit perculiar and they stride along very fast instead of walking.
The music is very good and every ten years the music changes to suite that era. The sound is good with talking predestrians and moving cars.
The gameplay is very good and has a lot of depth. You can buy individual streets and you do not have to pay rent and if your opponent's shops are on the street you own they have to pay rent to you. You compete against one to five A.I. And every pedestrian has there own needs.
The game is very long and extremily tough so you will be playing it along time if you are determend to do it. The game also has three difficulties, bronze cup, silver cup and gold cup.
Overall this is a very good game but will only appeal to you if you are a tycoon fan or you like to run bussinesses. The only problems are that when you click the mouse it does not always register it.

9/10

Thanks for reading
John.J
Mon 24/02/03 at 16:24
Regular
Bckpac wrote:

> Go buy it, my little has it, he got it for his 9th Birthday. He is 10
> now and i thnik it was only taken out of its original packing two
> weeks ago because my dog started to eat it. He played it and wasn't
> impressed and he is impressed when he sees a blue car.

Your little 10 year old dog played Monopoly Tycoon, managed to communicate to you that it wasn't impressed, but told you he is impressed with blue cars?

Wow...you can talk!
Mon 24/02/03 at 16:21
Regular
John.J wrote:
> No because it's two years old any way IGN gave it 8.2 and Gamespot
> gave it 8.5.

The original Command & Conquer is over 5 years old and people still play it online.
Mon 24/02/03 at 16:00
Regular
"Festivus!"
Unbeliever wrote:
> I'd rather urinate on an electric fence.

*remembers Ren and Stimpy*
Mon 24/02/03 at 15:57
Regular
"aka [EIRE] Taig"
John.J wrote:
> Shut up. If you want to see if it is rubbish go and buy it
> yourself!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Go buy it, my little has it, he got it for his 9th Birthday. He is 10 now and i thnik it was only taken out of its original packing two weeks ago because my dog started to eat it. He played it and wasn't impressed and he is impressed when he sees a blue car.
Mon 24/02/03 at 15:51
Regular
oops @ was not suppossed to be there.
Mon 24/02/03 at 15:50
Regular
neB PLEEEEEAAAASSSSSSSSSEEEEEE DON@T FEED ME TO THER CROWS!!!! NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!
Mon 24/02/03 at 15:50
Regular
"Brrrrr."
Nce review. Doesn't sound like my kinda game, though. I like ones with blood and death and guns and stuff.

Muahahahahaha!

Sorry.
Mon 24/02/03 at 15:47
Regular
John.J wrote:
> Froots are you Gerbil Guy AKA neB because your tagline seems very
> suspicios

Maybe, maybe not, I don’t quite know. I woke up two weeks ago not remembering anything from the past 17 years. Oh dear.
Mon 24/02/03 at 15:47
Regular
"Brownium Motion"
I'd rather urinate on an electric fence. How can you give it 9/10 when IGN rated it LESS two years ago? Are you insane? If IGN review it now, it'd be lucky to get 5/10 and that's being generous.
Mon 24/02/03 at 15:44
Regular
Shut up. If you want to see if it is rubbish go and buy it yourself!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Top-notch internet service
Excellent internet service and customer service. Top-notch in replying to my comments.
Duncan
Just a quick note to say thanks for a very good service ... in fact excellent service..
I am very happy with your customer service and speed and quality of my broadband connection .. keep up the good work . and a good new year to all of you at freeola.
Matthew Bradley

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.