GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"What's different?"

The "Sony Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sat 05/01/02 at 12:15
Regular
So it can play DVDs and CDs, but most people already have a CD player, and DVDs are expensive in their own right. But apart from that I see very little difference between the quality in the graphics or the gaming between the Playstation, PS2, Nintendo 64, and the Gamecube. The graphics chips are all different yes, but there is very little different excluding that the corners and circles may be slightly smoother. Not exactly an amazing or worthwhile difference for £200 is it? But the computer companies MAKE us buy these new consoles by stopping production on the old ones. The shop that i rent videos and games from stopped renting out Nintendo 64 games about 6 months ago, and the Gamecube isnt even out yet over here! Nintendo have sold their last game, it being Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 2 for the N64, which is hardly state of the art itself, even after years of faults and tweaking of other games by Nintendo. I'm back in the ....80's was it when Pong was invented? That everyone who played the 2D arcade game had a great deal more fun on it than we do with the likes of GTA3 AND Devil May Cry. Why? Because it was new-something no one had done before. But 3D graphics?Thats been done. We need something new. We need Virtual 3D, where we put on a headset and enter the world ourselves. THAT would get a few heads turned.
Sat 05/01/02 at 12:20
Regular
"~SRS~humpo"
if you worry about the price of dvds then forget a VR headset
Sat 05/01/02 at 12:15
So it can play DVDs and CDs, but most people already have a CD player, and DVDs are expensive in their own right. But apart from that I see very little difference between the quality in the graphics or the gaming between the Playstation, PS2, Nintendo 64, and the Gamecube. The graphics chips are all different yes, but there is very little different excluding that the corners and circles may be slightly smoother. Not exactly an amazing or worthwhile difference for £200 is it? But the computer companies MAKE us buy these new consoles by stopping production on the old ones. The shop that i rent videos and games from stopped renting out Nintendo 64 games about 6 months ago, and the Gamecube isnt even out yet over here! Nintendo have sold their last game, it being Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 2 for the N64, which is hardly state of the art itself, even after years of faults and tweaking of other games by Nintendo. I'm back in the ....80's was it when Pong was invented? That everyone who played the 2D arcade game had a great deal more fun on it than we do with the likes of GTA3 AND Devil May Cry. Why? Because it was new-something no one had done before. But 3D graphics?Thats been done. We need something new. We need Virtual 3D, where we put on a headset and enter the world ourselves. THAT would get a few heads turned.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Wonderful...
... and so easy-to-use even for a technophobe like me. I had my website up in a couple of hours. Thank you.
Vivien
Many thanks!!
Registered my website with Freeola Sites on Tuesday. Now have full and comprehensive Google coverage for my site. Great stuff!!
John Shepherd

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.