GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
""mommy mommy is that 4D?""

The "Nintendo Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sat 05/01/02 at 11:54
Regular
That right believes it. According to scientist the 4th dimension is meant to be...Time. Does this mean that our ordinary games at home e.g. Pokémon Gold, Silver and Crystal, Rogue Leader. Are these games the "babies", the "stepping stones" to the next-next Generation of gaming?

But before I get into it let me explain a little something about "4D": If a person existing only in a 2 dim. Universe was to look out upon the horizon of his universe and saw a 3D object passing through the horizon, for our argument we will say a sphere, as the sphere first began to pass through the 2D world it would appear to be only a point or a speck. As the sphere passed through the flat universe the speck would grow into a line that would appear to be growing from nothing, but infact it is only a 3D object passing through a 2D world.

(Still with me?)
Now, move it up a notch. If a 4D object passed through our 3D world it should appear to do the same thing.
When the sphere first started to pass through our 3D world it would appear as a tiny sphere. The object passed through our world the tiny sphere would grow until it reached the middle of the 4th dimension. After that it would shrink back to the tiny sphere and then disappear once the 4th dimension sphere, had passed all the way through our dimension.

So if you look at an object in 4D, in a world of 3D all you would see would be the shadow of it. E.g. if you have a 3D box, the shadow would be a 2D (next level down version of itself). So if you applied this theory to 4D then all that we can possibly see would be the shadow of it because we cannot possibly, imagine what it would look like if we were to stay in a 3D environment.

But I think it is quite possible to have the game elements in 4D (time) while having the Characters in 3d. Although it has been rumoured that we Humans are born into 3.5D. (Hmm)

I would say that the closest we have to 4D would be Animal forest +, but they could be many other games out there using this "4D" idea. Who knows? I personally am in no hurry to move onto the next-next Generation of games, but I would gladly stay in the 3D dimension until my last dying breath.

Now is the time to rejoice with virtual simulators and new 4D games but lets remember the games that had set the standard instead of rushing off and not really appreciating, what we have at the moment. I would like to conclude on a proverb, which I thought of just like 3 minutes ago,

"when everybody else is running, that's the time to walk"

Thx for reading
Sat 05/01/02 at 11:54
Regular
"poo poo for you!"
That right believes it. According to scientist the 4th dimension is meant to be...Time. Does this mean that our ordinary games at home e.g. Pokémon Gold, Silver and Crystal, Rogue Leader. Are these games the "babies", the "stepping stones" to the next-next Generation of gaming?

But before I get into it let me explain a little something about "4D": If a person existing only in a 2 dim. Universe was to look out upon the horizon of his universe and saw a 3D object passing through the horizon, for our argument we will say a sphere, as the sphere first began to pass through the 2D world it would appear to be only a point or a speck. As the sphere passed through the flat universe the speck would grow into a line that would appear to be growing from nothing, but infact it is only a 3D object passing through a 2D world.

(Still with me?)
Now, move it up a notch. If a 4D object passed through our 3D world it should appear to do the same thing.
When the sphere first started to pass through our 3D world it would appear as a tiny sphere. The object passed through our world the tiny sphere would grow until it reached the middle of the 4th dimension. After that it would shrink back to the tiny sphere and then disappear once the 4th dimension sphere, had passed all the way through our dimension.

So if you look at an object in 4D, in a world of 3D all you would see would be the shadow of it. E.g. if you have a 3D box, the shadow would be a 2D (next level down version of itself). So if you applied this theory to 4D then all that we can possibly see would be the shadow of it because we cannot possibly, imagine what it would look like if we were to stay in a 3D environment.

But I think it is quite possible to have the game elements in 4D (time) while having the Characters in 3d. Although it has been rumoured that we Humans are born into 3.5D. (Hmm)

I would say that the closest we have to 4D would be Animal forest +, but they could be many other games out there using this "4D" idea. Who knows? I personally am in no hurry to move onto the next-next Generation of games, but I would gladly stay in the 3D dimension until my last dying breath.

Now is the time to rejoice with virtual simulators and new 4D games but lets remember the games that had set the standard instead of rushing off and not really appreciating, what we have at the moment. I would like to conclude on a proverb, which I thought of just like 3 minutes ago,

"when everybody else is running, that's the time to walk"

Thx for reading
Sat 05/01/02 at 19:54
Regular
"poo poo for you!"
Hope SOMEONE reads this!!!!!
Sat 05/01/02 at 19:57
Regular
"Long time no see!"
Sorry, I got confused trying to figure out what 4-D actually is! Is it like that episode of the Simpsons where Homer goes into that strange world???
Sat 05/01/02 at 19:59
Regular
"poo poo for you!"
*SMACK*
Sat 05/01/02 at 20:09
Regular
"Long time no see!"
Ouch! I felt that! Is that 4-D???
Sat 05/01/02 at 20:29
Regular
"poo poo for you!"
*sigh* anyone else with more valid views?
Sat 05/01/02 at 22:03
Regular
"poo poo for you!"
is this post like locked so no one can look at it?
Sat 05/01/02 at 22:31
Regular
"sdomehtongng"
I knew that the 4th dimension was time when I was 12, 4 years ago. Pah!
Sat 05/01/02 at 22:32
Regular
"---SOULJACKER---"
Tony, I think the physics of the 4th dimension are completely lost to you...

there is a Temproal Forth Dimension, AND a spacial forth dimension...

If you want, I will recomment you books on superstring and how to visualise the forth dimension.

Sonic
Sat 05/01/02 at 22:34
Regular
"sdomehtongng"
My Maths teacher told me so it is not a really reliable opinion but I still think the 4th Dimension is time. :-)

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Unrivalled services
Freeola has to be one of, if not the best, ISP around as the services they offer seem unrivalled.
Top-notch internet service
Excellent internet service and customer service. Top-notch in replying to my comments.
Duncan

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.