GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"I have something to confess... (Blasphemy)"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Mon 24/02/03 at 21:54
Regular
Before I start, remember this: I am a loyal Nintendo fan. I enjoy most of my Nintendo made games more than any others, and I consider the GameCube as the best console out of the three for me in the current era of gaming. The only magazines I buy are ones aimed at Nintendo fans, and I rarely buy games for any other systems.

However, what I am about to say, will, in the viewpoint of other loyal Nintendo fans, be considered complete and utter blasphemy. Well forgive me Father Miyamoto, for I have a sin to confess.

About a week ago, my very good friend, known to you guys as Dark Mark, purchased an Xbox after watching the brilliant movie, Daredevil. With it, he bought Marvel Vs Capcom 2, a game he had been searching for to use on his Dreamcast for many years. However, as such game was so hard to find on Dreamcast, especially now, he had to try it on the Xbox.

Before he went home, he decided to accept my invite to my house for some quality gaming on the GameCube, Xbox and maybe even the Dreamcast. After watching a couple episodes of Family Guy, we decided to have a go at Marvel Vs Capcom 2, and I have to admit, I thouroughly enjoyed it. And so, after he had departed for his two mile journey home, I decided to play Street Fighter Alpha 3 on my Dreamcast.

I was hooked. For many days I played Street Fighter Alpha 3, using the power of the fist to conquer the world in this arcade-like game. I even went as far as playing only as the female characters throughout one whole day as some unknown force just made me want to play with them again and again! But that is not the issue.

Last week, I placed an order for a game. A game for which I had a taste for now that I had been hooked on fighting big ugly men with very revealing ladies. An Xbox game starring many a character from many a cartoon series and movie I had watched, and who stars in the comic books Dark Mark frequently reads. Marvel Vs Capcom 2.

Now although that isn't a crime in itself, what I am about to say will shock many people of the Nintendo community, and will make them think twice about my opinions in the Nintendo forum. However, Microsoft and even Sony fans may delight in what I have to say about a game that isn't even on the console of my choice.

After much thought and consideration, I have to admit it. I consider Marvel Vs Capcom 2 the best beat-em-up I have ever played. I prefer it to my most played game...ever..so far, Super Smash Bros Melee.

That's right Mr. Miyamoto. I prefer Marvel Vs Capcom 2 to the game starring many of your creations.

Now, before you condemn me to gaming hell, where Super Nintendos burn and Game Gears are in the palms of sinner's hands, listen to my reasoning before you cast your judgement upon me.

I lead a good life. My search still continues for a Nintendo Entertainment System and I have every Super Mario game ever released on the Game Boy. But I feel that Capcom have beaten you at beat-em-ups, and that it will be very hard for you to top their creations.

Super Smash Bros Melee is a fairly good game, designed for the young and the hardcore Nintendo fans, it has a nice set of levels, characters and modes. But it is too god damn repetative! Far too many times did I go over the same modes over and over and over and over again just to unlock one new level or character, or even just for the sake of gaining a useless trophy! I do enjoy the multiplayer game though, when fighting against someone who has a unique train of thought, who has devised his or her own tactics and has great skill at the game, I greatly enjoy playing whether I win or lose. However, there is nothing more for me to enjoy on the single player game.

Capcom's latest beat-em-up release, Marvel Vs Capcom 2 just goes one stage better. Using a great formula that doesn't need fixing (as it ain't broke), Marvel Vs Capcom 2 has a great single player mode which makes unlocking new characters and stages great fun instead of ever increasing tedium. I do agree that the game doesn't really do much to push the Xbox and I do agree that the game is a little small in comparison, but the game is much more exciting to play. For example, the huge amount of characters makes the game more random when it comes to facing the cpu. After all, the cpu doesn't have fixed battles that must be beaten. It selects random characters to face you in ever increasingly difficult heats. And when it comes to multiplayer, well I may not be able to play with up to four players simultaneously, but I still enjoy winning (and losing) far more than I do Super Smash Bros Melee.

I know what I have said may sound incomprehendable to some, and others may just think I am crazy, but Capcom's beat-em-up is a classic that I will be playing for many years to come. Your beat-em-up, Mr. Miyamoto, will most likely gather dust on my shelf whilst the games surrounding it get plenty use on your purple box of wonder.

Am I forgiven?
Mon 24/02/03 at 21:54
Regular
Before I start, remember this: I am a loyal Nintendo fan. I enjoy most of my Nintendo made games more than any others, and I consider the GameCube as the best console out of the three for me in the current era of gaming. The only magazines I buy are ones aimed at Nintendo fans, and I rarely buy games for any other systems.

However, what I am about to say, will, in the viewpoint of other loyal Nintendo fans, be considered complete and utter blasphemy. Well forgive me Father Miyamoto, for I have a sin to confess.

About a week ago, my very good friend, known to you guys as Dark Mark, purchased an Xbox after watching the brilliant movie, Daredevil. With it, he bought Marvel Vs Capcom 2, a game he had been searching for to use on his Dreamcast for many years. However, as such game was so hard to find on Dreamcast, especially now, he had to try it on the Xbox.

Before he went home, he decided to accept my invite to my house for some quality gaming on the GameCube, Xbox and maybe even the Dreamcast. After watching a couple episodes of Family Guy, we decided to have a go at Marvel Vs Capcom 2, and I have to admit, I thouroughly enjoyed it. And so, after he had departed for his two mile journey home, I decided to play Street Fighter Alpha 3 on my Dreamcast.

I was hooked. For many days I played Street Fighter Alpha 3, using the power of the fist to conquer the world in this arcade-like game. I even went as far as playing only as the female characters throughout one whole day as some unknown force just made me want to play with them again and again! But that is not the issue.

Last week, I placed an order for a game. A game for which I had a taste for now that I had been hooked on fighting big ugly men with very revealing ladies. An Xbox game starring many a character from many a cartoon series and movie I had watched, and who stars in the comic books Dark Mark frequently reads. Marvel Vs Capcom 2.

Now although that isn't a crime in itself, what I am about to say will shock many people of the Nintendo community, and will make them think twice about my opinions in the Nintendo forum. However, Microsoft and even Sony fans may delight in what I have to say about a game that isn't even on the console of my choice.

After much thought and consideration, I have to admit it. I consider Marvel Vs Capcom 2 the best beat-em-up I have ever played. I prefer it to my most played game...ever..so far, Super Smash Bros Melee.

That's right Mr. Miyamoto. I prefer Marvel Vs Capcom 2 to the game starring many of your creations.

Now, before you condemn me to gaming hell, where Super Nintendos burn and Game Gears are in the palms of sinner's hands, listen to my reasoning before you cast your judgement upon me.

I lead a good life. My search still continues for a Nintendo Entertainment System and I have every Super Mario game ever released on the Game Boy. But I feel that Capcom have beaten you at beat-em-ups, and that it will be very hard for you to top their creations.

Super Smash Bros Melee is a fairly good game, designed for the young and the hardcore Nintendo fans, it has a nice set of levels, characters and modes. But it is too god damn repetative! Far too many times did I go over the same modes over and over and over and over again just to unlock one new level or character, or even just for the sake of gaining a useless trophy! I do enjoy the multiplayer game though, when fighting against someone who has a unique train of thought, who has devised his or her own tactics and has great skill at the game, I greatly enjoy playing whether I win or lose. However, there is nothing more for me to enjoy on the single player game.

Capcom's latest beat-em-up release, Marvel Vs Capcom 2 just goes one stage better. Using a great formula that doesn't need fixing (as it ain't broke), Marvel Vs Capcom 2 has a great single player mode which makes unlocking new characters and stages great fun instead of ever increasing tedium. I do agree that the game doesn't really do much to push the Xbox and I do agree that the game is a little small in comparison, but the game is much more exciting to play. For example, the huge amount of characters makes the game more random when it comes to facing the cpu. After all, the cpu doesn't have fixed battles that must be beaten. It selects random characters to face you in ever increasingly difficult heats. And when it comes to multiplayer, well I may not be able to play with up to four players simultaneously, but I still enjoy winning (and losing) far more than I do Super Smash Bros Melee.

I know what I have said may sound incomprehendable to some, and others may just think I am crazy, but Capcom's beat-em-up is a classic that I will be playing for many years to come. Your beat-em-up, Mr. Miyamoto, will most likely gather dust on my shelf whilst the games surrounding it get plenty use on your purple box of wonder.

Am I forgiven?
Mon 24/02/03 at 21:59
Regular
"Must be Parkinson's"
I didn't like smash bros anyway.

Good for you. Good for your health. Good for your wife.
Mon 24/02/03 at 22:02
Regular
"Remember me?"
Marvel vs Capcom 2 is indeed a far better game than Smash Bros Melee... and seeing how excellent Smash Bros Melee is, Marvel vs Capcom 2 is pretty damn special.

Everyone needs it. Get it now. Now. NOW!!! *cough*
Mon 24/02/03 at 22:03
Regular
"Must be Parkinson's"
Hello mark.
Mon 24/02/03 at 22:05
Regular
"Remember me?"
Melancholy wrote:
> Hello mark.

Um... hi?

*backs away slowly*
Mon 24/02/03 at 22:06
Regular
"Must be Parkinson's"
Go on MSN.
Mon 24/02/03 at 22:10
Regular
"Remember me?"
I'm on MSN.
Mon 24/02/03 at 22:12
Regular
"Must be Parkinson's"
So I'm blocked?

*cries*
Mon 24/02/03 at 22:13
Regular
"Remember me?"
Who are you?
Mon 24/02/03 at 22:16
Regular
"Must be Parkinson's"

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Unrivalled services
Freeola has to be one of, if not the best, ISP around as the services they offer seem unrivalled.
10/10
Over the years I've become very jaded after many bad experiences with customer services, you have bucked the trend. Polite and efficient from the Freeola team, well done to all involved.

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.