GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Maybe Nintendo are finally pulling their European fingers out?"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 25/02/03 at 00:11
Regular
Not sure if anyone's already posted this but ummmmm here it is (again maybe)

INFAMOUS BOUNTY HUNTER SAMUS RETURNS! METROID PRIME launches on NINTENDO GAMECUBE in a €5 Million European Marketing Campaign

Nintendo and Retro Studios have combined their creative genius to bring the video game event of the year, the long awaited release of Metroid Prime, exclusive to NINTENDO GAMECUBE. The launch will have the support of a €5 million marketing campaign which includes a high profile MTV sponsorship deal and TV and print advertising, in addition to a limited edition Metroid Pak.

21st March marks the European launch of this blockbuster title, and the return of Samus Aran, the ice-cool bounty hunter who'll once again lock horns with the evil Space Pirates. Early reviews of Metroid Prime indicate it is set to take Europe by storm and live up to its billing as one of the best games of all time. A tall order indeed, but with the legendary status of its predecessors, each one somehow building on and bettering the last, there is every reason to believe that Metroid Prime will do exactly that!

Nintendo will be partnering with MTV Europe as a continued commitment to extreme sports and music through gaming. The highly popular MTV Winterjam 2003 held in Davos Switzerland in March, will be sponsored by Metroid Prime. The sponsorship will see MTV's annual winter music event take on the sci-fi theme of the hit title, featuring the bounty hunter heroine of the game Samus, plus a giant gaming competition with contenders fighting it out on a grand scale as the game-play is projected on to a huge 'ice wall'. There will also be great opportunities for Winterjam attendees to sample the game first hand.

TV advertising will appear on terrestrial and satellite channels including Channel 4, MTV, Sky One and E4, and over a two month period a heavy-weight print campaign will run in titles including FHM, Front, Loaded, Stuff and Boys Toys. The print campaign will be the biggest ever UK campaign for a NINTENDO GAMECUBE title and features a tease and reveal execution. It will coincide with the broadcast activity along with an additional 8 week cinematic style online advertising campaign specifically targeting gamers

In addition the Nintendo.co.uk website will be hosting an exclusive competition, offering gamers the opportunity to research and design their own Metroid Prime website. The designer of the best site will win exclusive 'money can't buy' Metroid Prime prizes.

To celebrate the return of gaming icon Samus, Nintendo will a launch a limited edition Metroid Pak priced 199 Euros, available from launch day on 21st March. The pak contains the Metroid Prime game, along with a black NINTENDO GAMECUBE (and controller) in addition to an exclusive Metroid Prime name-plate (the disk that fits in the top of the lid of the cube). The Metroid Pak promises gamers an explosive introduction to the world of Nintendo and the NINTENDO GAMECUBE.

199 Euros is about £135, at last an official bundle from Nintendo that's competetivly priced.
Wed 26/02/03 at 23:38
Regular
"gsybe you!"
WòókieeMøn§†€® wrote:
> AfroJoe wrote:
> Wookiee, if you happen to have a GC, or know someone that has one,
> get
> Metroid Prime, or make them get it. Or even just get a GC (if you
> don't have one) for Metroid Prime.
>
> I have a GC, but this isn't a game I've really paid much attention to.
> Saw some screens a while ago and it didn't really inspire me, but
> I'll check it out again when I see it running somewhere.

Buy NGC, and watch.
Wed 26/02/03 at 10:12
Regular
If Nintendo really want to send Gamecube's sales into infinity, and beyond!1!!! (*cough* excuse me, don't know what came over me) then they should release Mario Kart GC online with a free net service.

Oh yes.
Wed 26/02/03 at 00:14
"High polygon count"
AfroJoe wrote:
> Wookiee, if you happen to have a GC, or know someone that has one, get
> Metroid Prime, or make them get it. Or even just get a GC (if you
> don't have one) for Metroid Prime.

I have a GC, but this isn't a game I've really paid much attention to. Saw some screens a while ago and it didn't really inspire me, but I'll check it out again when I see it running somewhere.
Tue 25/02/03 at 19:00
Regular
Wooooooo, DIGI!!
Tue 25/02/03 at 18:59
Regular
I agree. In 2003, Nintendo really need to pick things up. Also, Digitiser can confirm that the Metroid Pak will be £129.99.
Tue 25/02/03 at 17:59
Regular
"sdomehtongng"
And finally Nintendo Of Europe giving a quality game loads of advertising is a great thing to see.

Maybe they realised that advertising so heavily for Metroid Prime in the US has actually payed off, and will now do this more often both over there and here in the UK - it'll certainly do better for Nintendo, and it might be able to convince people who have dismissed GC for having "no good games".

Excellent. And if they do the same with Zelda: Wind Waker and Mario Kart, then GameCube's sales this year will be much better.
Tue 25/02/03 at 17:56
Regular
"sdomehtongng"
Wookiee, if you happen to have a GC, or know someone that has one, get Metroid Prime, or make them get it. Or even just get a GC (if you don't have one) for Metroid Prime.

Poncy name or not, 96% in NGC, 9.5/10 in CUBE, 97% in GamesMaster and loads of websites like GamesSpot and IGN giving it 9.8/10 is just about as good as it gets. You'd be mightily impressed.

And if anyone would lend me £50, I'd go out to CA Games and get it right now. :-)
Tue 25/02/03 at 16:51
Regular
"+34 Intellect"
Indeed, Samus would rock Fett's world.
Tue 25/02/03 at 16:42
Regular
Boba Fett wouldn't stand a chance against Samus.

Seriously, 'armed to the teeth' never had a more appropriate use.
Tue 25/02/03 at 16:31
"High polygon count"
Even so... :-)

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

I am delighted.
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do. I am delighted.
Excellent support service!
I have always found the support staff to provide an excellent service on every occasion I've called.
Ben

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.