GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Deus Ex vs Morrowind"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'Deux Ex'.
Tue 25/02/03 at 07:36
Regular
I have Deus Ex, and I have played the full Morrowind game a bit, in my opinion they are both excellent free form games, but which do you think is better?
Tue 25/02/03 at 07:36
Regular
"Suck it baby, yeah!"
I have Deus Ex, and I have played the full Morrowind game a bit, in my opinion they are both excellent free form games, but which do you think is better?
Tue 25/02/03 at 11:14
"Darkness, always"
Given that I think Deus Ex is a pile of overhyped crap, and that System Shock II was far superior, I'd have to say Morrowind is the better of the two, despite having never played it.
Tue 25/02/03 at 15:32
"For the horde!!!!"
Not sure but Morrowind is the one i'm playing at the moment
Tue 25/02/03 at 18:13
Regular
"Cardboard Tube Ninj"
One is a linear, near-cyberpunk pseudo-RPG FPS, the other is a non-linear, freeform RPG in a classic fantasy setting with the option to play in first person mode.

They can be properly compared how?
Tue 25/02/03 at 19:56
"For the horde!!!!"
BEARDS. wrote:
> One is a linear, near-cyberpunk pseudo-RPG FPS, the other is a
> non-linear, freeform RPG in a classic fantasy setting with the option
> to play in first person mode.
>
> They can be properly compared how?

they both have missions that the player can tackle how they like with FPS action and RPG NPC interaction and leveling systems that allow the player to improve their skills. Also both have modeled items that can be picked up and placed anywhere the player wants.

BEARDS do you do the SR reviews?
Wed 26/02/03 at 10:20
"Darkness, always"
Shadow Knight wrote:
> they both have missions that the player can tackle how they like

I'd hardly call the tactical choices in Deus EX - being sneaky or blasting your way in - being able to tackle a mission "how you like".

Linear piece of overhyped and over-rated crap.
Wed 26/02/03 at 17:01
Regular
"smile, it's free"
Here are two sentences which reflect my thoughts on the matter...

I own a copy of Morrowind & Tribunal, and spent half my summer playing it, clocking up fourteen hours a day on more than one occasion.

I used to own a copy of Deus Ex, and spent about three days forcing myself to play it, in a futile attempt to delude myself that I hadn't wasted my money.
Thu 27/02/03 at 10:25
Regular
"Infantalised Forums"
I found Deus Ex to be linear in the extreme, cumbersome and tedious.
Go to this building, do this. You have the choice of walking slowly and shooting, or walking slowly and not shooting.

Morrowind however, I have consistenly enjoyed and keep discovering new elements I've never seen before.
The only gameplay that's the same is the start, from there it's do what you want how you want.

I dont think there's a comparison myself
Thu 27/02/03 at 10:59
"For the horde!!!!"
Insane Bartender wrote:
> Shadow Knight wrote:
> they both have missions that the player can tackle how they like
>
> I'd hardly call the tactical choices in Deus EX - being sneaky or
> blasting your way in - being able to tackle a mission "how you
> like".

the whole game is mission based!, it even says Primary mission and secodary mission in the menus.

> Linear piece of overhyped and over-rated crap.

Thats what I think of Resident evil but each to is own.
Thu 27/02/03 at 11:01
"Darkness, always"
Shadow Knight wrote:
> the whole game is mission based!, it even says Primary mission and
> secodary mission in the menus.

Woah. Primary and secondary missions. Rough translation:

Things you have to do and things you can also do if you can summon enough motivation to do so.

> Thats what I think of Resident evil but each to is own.

So do I, which is why I don't own that, either.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Great services and friendly support
I have been a subscriber to your service for more than 9 yrs. I have got at least 12 other people to sign up to Freeola. This is due to the great services offered and the responsive friendly support.
Everybody thinks I am an IT genius...
Nothing but admiration. I have been complimented on the church site that I manage through you and everybody thinks I am an IT genius. Your support is unquestionably outstanding.
Brian

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.