GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Warning to MSN / Hotmail Users"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Fri 04/01/02 at 18:34
Regular
I have recieved the following message from a friend in destress:

Dear Hotmail User,

Because of the sudden rush of people signing up to Hotmail,it has come to our attention that we are vastly running out of resources. So,within a month's time, anyone who does not receive this email with the exact subject heading, will be deleted off our server. Please forward this email so that we know you are still using this account.

WARNING WARNING

Hotmail is overloading and we need to get rid of some people and we want to find out which users are actually using their Hotmail accounts. So if you are using your account, please pass this e-mail to every Hotmail user that you can and if you do not pass this letter to anyone we will delete your account.

From Mr. Jon Henerd

Hotmail Admin. Dept.

Your Screen Name has Been Added to the ß®øöô¥ £.¼ Hackers List! Here is how we work. Because we master MSNeverytime this letter is sent out a copy is also instantly send to us. We then scan out all the names, and place them on our hackers list. Once you send out this letter 10 times your name again is instantly removed from our list. If this letter is not sent out exactly 45 minutes after you have opened it your name will not be able to be removed from our hacking list. Here is what happened when your name is stuck on the ß®øöô¥ £.¼ hackers list. Your MSN Instant messenger password is pulled out of MSN'S files. Stupidly MSN stores your password on a password access website. We have cracked the password needed and have access to every account except for MSN guides (cat guides). -We gain your credit card number, social security number, and home address. Your credit card information and home address is stored at the MSN site and with that we can gain you social security number. Everytime you sign on HOTMAIL, OR MSN INSTANT MESSENGER your account will be messed around with. -and much, much more with the power of ß®øöô¥ £.¼ hackers.

Don't believe this? We don't care at all because not following the directions given will harm you in over 10 ways. All you have to do is send this out to 10 people and you will never have to worry about this again. If you receive this letter again after sending it out you don't need to send it out again, because your name is not able to be put back on. Why are we doing this? It is to get back at MSN, and we are taking action. When the members of ß®øöô¥ £.¼ hackers first signed up for MSN they were not hackers. Once they had to start paying 21 dollars for MSN they decided to f--k over MSN. Also the ß®øöô¥ £.¼ hackers are doing this because of the many ads on MSN. When you first sign on MSN you receive too many ads and s--t when you go to internet channels, and more pop ads when you click on things. We have had enough! That's why ß®øöô¥ £.¼ exists. All you must do now is send this to 10 other MSN members and you will never again have to worry about ß®øöô¥ £.¼ hackers.

SEND THIS OUT NOW TO 10 PEOPLE IF YOU WANT TO SAVE YOUR ACCOUNT, CREDIT CARD, AND MUCH MORE!

130.92.159 by lw10fd.law10.hotmail.msn.com with HTTP;Fri, 06 Jul 2001 04:31:48 GMT

Our hotmail system is getting to crowded!! We need you to forward this to at least 20 people. I know this seems like a large number, but we need to find out who is really using their account.If you do not send this to at least 10 Hotmail members, we will delete your account. Sorry for this inconvenience.

Sincerely, Director of Hotmail Services

Is it real? Well, it looks convincing - that is a valid server and we have an IP - how many hackers would be dumb enough to display that? Are these hackers bluffing or not? What do you think?
Sat 05/01/02 at 06:33
Regular
"everyone says it"
As I said before, if anyone believed this. I doubt there existance as a human.
Sat 05/01/02 at 02:07
hmmm i got the same rubbish about 6 months ago. i deleting the stupid thing and my computer hasn't suddenly exploded or anything so i wouldn't worry
Sat 05/01/02 at 01:30
Regular
"Eff, you see, kay?"
It's, don't believe anything you read on hotmail.
Sat 05/01/02 at 00:14
Regular
"Maximum Homerdrive"
it sucks it cack it means nothing

i think i've rounded it up :)

now cheer up by having a muffin and delete that horrid e-mail
Fri 04/01/02 at 23:19
Regular
"Jags is teh l33t"
LOL at salevaa for being worried by email spam.

I had the same kinda thing but without the hacking crap.

Its a joke i was not deleted from hotmail and i never forawrd chain letters.
Fri 04/01/02 at 21:39
Regular
"Sally On Weekdays!"
The_Vottanator wrote:
> Salevaa wrote:
and yes, the E-Mail sucks!

If it sucks then why did you
> write a topic asking if it was real?!

I was saying that their E-Mail service sucks. I'm considering calibrating my ISP Inbox to Outlook Express. God I hate web inboxes!

"Saleeva......................

you really are empty up top......"

And I see that you are no Einstein either - just talk a look at your punctuation.
Fri 04/01/02 at 21:24
Don't even waste ur time reading this i mean "send to 10 people" to save account what a pile of garbage. Would a hacker or group actually let you go after ten its a way to get more peepz and so it could be real letter yeah but then again when i signed to msn i didn't give social no. credtnumber it didn't even ask fo rit don't be fooled and don't pass it on?
Fri 04/01/02 at 21:08
Regular
Golden Rhino wrote:
> That is a pile of shi*e bcos hotmail would never send those letters out bcos
> they threaten ppl and also con ppl into spreading mail. Bull

And that txt sht is rlly annoying!
Fri 04/01/02 at 21:07
Regular
"+34 Intellect"
SHEEPY wrote:
> I had to tell my own mates to bogger off and stop sending me chain mails... damn
> things.

God i have a friend and he keeps forwarding me 90k messages, hotmail is slow enough without that crap blocking it up.
Fri 04/01/02 at 21:03
That is a pile of shi*e bcos hotmail would never send those letters out bcos they threaten ppl and also con ppl into spreading mail. Bull

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Easy and free service!
I think it's fab that you provide an easy-to-follow service, and even better that it's free...!
Cerrie
My website looks tremendous!
Fantastic site, easy to follow, simple guides... impressed with whole package. My website looks tremendous. You don't need to be a rocket scientist to set this up, Freeola helps you step-by-step.
Susan

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.