GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Nintendotel"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 25/02/03 at 12:47
Regular
Holidays- there's nothing like them. The hotel makes the holiday- good food, nice clean rooms, massive pool- it's what holidays are about. Nintendo, after agreeing that the console market just isn't enough, have decided to invest in a few hotels around the world. Currently, Tenerife is the tester- it's the first Nintendotel location. It's my half term this week- and I've been given the opportunity to stay here and experience it first-hand. So, let me show you round the Nintendotel.

Reception

Nice theme here- the Kokiri forest. A strange, little man works at reception. Said his name was Milo. Though, for a receptionist, he was rather grouchy... Anyway, DK, working as the porter, showed me to my room.

Rooms

The rooms are amazing! Each one is unique- a different theme showing a slice of Nintendo history. As I slid my room key through the slot, I opened the door- and WOW! I was lucky. Very lucky. My room was designed upon Gelato beach from SMS. I had sand on the floor, the walls were, well, what walls? Each room is capapble of VR- so it seems like you're really there. My bed rocks, though. Although it looks like a sprout, it's really comfy. And if I spray water on it, it grows to massive proportions, so I can really stretch out and sleep. The best thing about my particular room is the Watermelon judging contest. I haven't won yet, but the prize seems to be shiny...

Pool area

This is where it gets interesting. After I had changed into my shorts, I headed down to the pool and nearly fell over in amazement. The main pool area was modeled on Noki bay, also from SMS, with Noki people running around handing out free towels. Slave labour, yes, but at least they're happy...

There's also a smaller pool area. This happens to be based on Animal Crossing, where the staff change every day. Today, however, Samson was working behind the bar. He managed to point out that although my name sounded like food to him, he wasn't hungry, as Hugh gave him a pear. I had better get a pear, or they'll get it when I fill out my customer comment form...

Games room

The games room rules! It's based on Mario Party- there's so many different games to choose from! My personal favourite is the bowling- but I haven't tried basketball yet.

Lunch

Lucnh was.... different. Gazing down the menu I saw Mushrooms, Poison Mushrooms, Mushrooms in Garlic, Mushrooms with Mushrooms, and Mushroom Ice Cream. It came as no surprise when I found Mario was my waiter. Hmm... I should really try Yoshi's bar. At least the dude has fruit...

Beach

The beach is no different to my room really, except it's open to the public. The banana boat was different- DK (He gets around alot) insisted that we should use a real banana. I tried to point out that banana boats get their name because they *look* like bananas, they're not *actually* bananas. He wasn't too happy...

Dinner

Dinner was good. I had Roast Cuckoo in Mushroom sauce- I hit Mario because I ordered A creamy sauce, but nevermind.

Entertainment

The evening entertainment changes frequently. Tonight is the Bowser magic show, with his assistant Kamek. I am certainly looking forward to it- there's a rumour going round that Shigsy might be making a special appearance. Shame I missed him in London though.

Other Rooms

I took a tour with the maids, well, Maid. Peach had been given the task of cleaning all 1000+ rooms, and was quite cynical. Anyway, of the few that I saw, the Starfox and Metroid rooms look the most appealing- you get a free Arwing/Birdsuit! Cool!

Overall

Overall the Nintendotel rocks. There's so much going on, I'm definately coming back here. They're already expanding the facilities- Golf and Tennis are in the planning stages.

Rating- ****

Thanks for reading

Microchips
Tue 25/02/03 at 21:05
Regular
Great post Chips.

If anyone does take this seriously I'll laugh :-D
Tue 25/02/03 at 20:10
Regular
"Jog on, sunshine"
Cheers for the replies.

.....did someone actually take this seriously? :D
Tue 25/02/03 at 17:00
Regular
"Must be Parkinson's"
Just maybe.
Tue 25/02/03 at 16:59
Regular
Maybe not.
Tue 25/02/03 at 16:56
Regular
"Must be Parkinson's"
Maybe froots should be a notable.
Tue 25/02/03 at 16:55
Regular
Maybe.
Tue 25/02/03 at 16:53
Regular
"bit of a brain"
Maybe chips should be a notable.
Tue 25/02/03 at 16:50
Regular
Oh yeah! Great post by the way Chips dude, bound to win GAD, maybe.
Tue 25/02/03 at 16:49
Regular
Giles16 wrote:
> the nintendo hotwl is in Neather land with G*Y boy Micheal Jackson
>
> Kiddies

Byy the way, gay isn't a swear word.
Tue 25/02/03 at 16:46
Regular
"I'm Back!!"
Great post here Chips.. deserve a GAD in my view.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Unrivalled services
Freeola has to be one of, if not the best, ISP around as the services they offer seem unrivalled.
Everybody thinks I am an IT genius...
Nothing but admiration. I have been complimented on the church site that I manage through you and everybody thinks I am an IT genius. Your support is unquestionably outstanding.
Brian

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.