GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Sound options!"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 25/02/03 at 13:00
Regular
Hi, ive just bought the advanced scart so i can run xbox through my new yamaha amp. Do i need any extra audio leads or does the ASC come with all the connections to run the audio to my amp?
A little help please?
Wed 26/02/03 at 19:32
Regular
"MildlyAmusing.co.uk"
PS2 hasn't got a chip devoted to DD, so I think adding a dolby digital soundtrack takes up processor usage - meaning less for actually processing the game.

This means some of the more simple games can include Dolby Digital, but certainly not all. Only a few support it as far as I know, and no games that I have support it.
Wed 26/02/03 at 18:24
"Lemon eyewash"
that's the only thing i hate about the x box the fact that you need the advance lead for the optical.

you don't on the PS2 but i don't think the PS2 out puts DD 5.1 well maybe on DVD's but i don't think it does on games does it? i'm probably wrong though.
Tue 25/02/03 at 16:16
Regular
"MildlyAmusing.co.uk"
Yes, unfortunately the advanced Microsoft lead does not come with an optical cable to hook up to your DD amp.
Tue 25/02/03 at 13:31
Regular
"gametag = viperfire"
You will need to buy an optical cable, unless you have a spare.
Tue 25/02/03 at 13:00
Regular
"Less chat...More ha"
Hi, ive just bought the advanced scart so i can run xbox through my new yamaha amp. Do i need any extra audio leads or does the ASC come with all the connections to run the audio to my amp?
A little help please?

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Easy and free service!
I think it's fab that you provide an easy-to-follow service, and even better that it's free...!
Cerrie
Simple, yet effective...
This is perfect, so simple yet effective, couldnt believe that I could build a web site, have alrealdy recommended you to friends. Brilliant.
Con

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.