GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Shenmue II Demo with the latest OXM"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'Shenmue 2'.
Tue 25/02/03 at 14:14
Regular
Reading the review last month, I imagined Shenmue II to be a game that would not appeal to me. I owned A Sega Master System, Mega Drive and a Saturn, but never a dreamcast so I had never experienced Shenmue in the past.

Upon the demo loading I hated the D-Pad walking control, luckily I found the options and switched the thumbpads for walking. Arghh! Why cant some games include an Invert Y-axis option? I find it near impossible to play games without it now!

Controls Aside I walked around, getting frequently annoyed by interuptions from locals, I was not entirely impressed by my introduction to the Shenmue world. Luckily I slowly became involved and loved the amusing QTE sections. After I had completed the demo I wanted more!

Normally I would be one to hate games so heavily involving in cut scenes,
thankfully shenmue has resorted to interactive cut scenes. they were fantastic!
Surely games such as Metal Gear Solid could have easily incorporated interactive cut scenes.
Wed 26/02/03 at 18:13
"Lemon eyewash"
even though i have the 1st and second on the dream cast i'd probably still buy it on x box, i just wish they made it look a lot better than it does, and i wish they kept the jap dubbing :(

them demo is a bit dull as that's right at the start but later on it gets good really really good.

i'll try not to ruin it but later on you get guided through the mountins with this girl on the way to the village and it take a few days to get there and you actually walk most of it too and it's just amazine, it's like your there and the change of locations later on is also good.

if i had to vote for my top 3 fave games of all time i'd vote for:

1/Shenmue
2/Gran tourismo (the first one was amasine when it was first released)
3/ Street fighter 2 turbo as it was the first console game i owned
Wed 26/02/03 at 18:04
I had a Dreamcast, well i stll do and shenmue 2 was my fravourte game and is prob still one of my fav games...
i definatley reccomend getting it...
Tue 25/02/03 at 21:59
"Lemon eyewash"
coulda looked better i feel and i hate the dubbing :( i want the jap talking back with subtitles it gave it a better feel.

and invert y YUCK hate invert as Sav knows hehe
Tue 25/02/03 at 18:44
Regular
Thought it was a bit disappointing really. Repetitive and quite linear.
Tue 25/02/03 at 16:52
Regular
"bit of a brain"
It is genius, yes. It's just a shame a lot of people will never play Shenmue 1, because that was great as well, although not as good as the second one.
Tue 25/02/03 at 16:03
"slightlyshortertagl"
Shenmue 2's good. But I wont be buying it, already completed it on the DC
Tue 25/02/03 at 14:14
Regular
"Unretired"
Reading the review last month, I imagined Shenmue II to be a game that would not appeal to me. I owned A Sega Master System, Mega Drive and a Saturn, but never a dreamcast so I had never experienced Shenmue in the past.

Upon the demo loading I hated the D-Pad walking control, luckily I found the options and switched the thumbpads for walking. Arghh! Why cant some games include an Invert Y-axis option? I find it near impossible to play games without it now!

Controls Aside I walked around, getting frequently annoyed by interuptions from locals, I was not entirely impressed by my introduction to the Shenmue world. Luckily I slowly became involved and loved the amusing QTE sections. After I had completed the demo I wanted more!

Normally I would be one to hate games so heavily involving in cut scenes,
thankfully shenmue has resorted to interactive cut scenes. they were fantastic!
Surely games such as Metal Gear Solid could have easily incorporated interactive cut scenes.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Wonderful...
... and so easy-to-use even for a technophobe like me. I had my website up in a couple of hours. Thank you.
Vivien
LOVE it....
You have made it so easy to build & host a website!!!
Gemma

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.