GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Ideas for a new genre - post here!"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 05/09/00 at 13:25
Regular
Hello, has anyone got any good ideas for a new genre of gaming? There must be a few left..I think that 'the life of a Chalet rep' would be a good one. Or a game where you are a shark - not a puny Dolphin - you have to swim about eating stuff. Nice.
Wed 06/09/00 at 01:24
Then you could be abducted by aliens - or really hot lap dancers and taken in for questionning, but only U can't say anything because - you don't know HOW to speak....I can really see this game takin' shape
Tue 05/09/00 at 15:16
Regular
"not dead"
What we really need is a game with multiple play styles. Elements of RPG in the whole story, with dungeons/ buildings switching gameplay to a quake like style. Then you can hop in your car and drive around for a bit, before getting into a few fist fights. They should also all interlock, so you can switch from exploration to driving simply by hoping in a car.
Tue 05/09/00 at 14:40
Yeah - that would be great - And you get your own car and ID pass and can explore a whole country - doing what you like - chasing people in cars. This is a good idea.
Tue 05/09/00 at 14:00
Regular
"not dead"
How about a game in which you play a detective. Not just a game where you wander around looking for clues, you get to interogate suspects too, and have to find real evidence in order to make sure that the criminal gets a long sentence. If you can't find the evidence why not rely on a bit of police brutality to bring about justice... just don't get caught.
Tue 05/09/00 at 13:25
Hello, has anyone got any good ideas for a new genre of gaming? There must be a few left..I think that 'the life of a Chalet rep' would be a good one. Or a game where you are a shark - not a puny Dolphin - you have to swim about eating stuff. Nice.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Thank you very much for your help!
Top service for free - excellent - thank you very much for your help.
I've been with Freeola for 14 years...
I've been with Freeola for 14 years now, and in that time you have proven time and time again to be a top-ranking internet service provider and unbeatable hosting service. Thank you.
Anthony

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.