GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"NGC Magazine - Awful at games?"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 25/02/03 at 20:28
Regular
When watching the NGC DVD footage of Master Quest they died in the Deku tree. This may be to create a good point to stop the footage, but they were struggling to climb up a ladder and almost got killed by a gold skultula under a crate and took ages in a room with Ghoma eggs where you can raise the three pillars.
If they are really this bad, can we really trust their reviews, perhaps they get easy versions of the game or other people to do the game for them. I know this sounds stupid but that is what a magazine called Video Gamer did a few years ago.
Don't get me wrong, NGC are still my favourite Nintendo magazine and their reviews have never steered me wrong before. I just found watching it funny. I haven't watched their Wind Waker footage so I don' know what they were like at that.
Did anyone else wonder about their ability when watching the footage, I mean they were almost as bad as my mum was (and that is bad).
Wed 26/02/03 at 19:25
Regular
"Long time no see!"
I know exactly what you mean about them playing badly at the games. But I think they played like that because they were trying to show us the game itself, rather than how good they are at it (seeing as it's a promotional DVD and all).

They should've had more Animal Crossing though, to convince even more people to import. And I would've really liked to have seen more Ura Zelda footage - outside of the Déku Tree.

Ikaruga looks rock-solid though!!
I have enough trouble completing all the games I've got now... I'm sure I'll never finish this one though, even if there are only 5-levels! :S
Wed 26/02/03 at 17:57
Regular
"sdomehtongng"
Not awful.

Just not as good as most of us.

:-D
Wed 26/02/03 at 09:26
Regular
"aliens exist"
AshMan wrote:
> yeah, but did u see them at Ikaruga? They seemed pretty damn good at
> that game...

no they werent, they were shooting different colour ships without changing colour, thats not how its meant to be done,
Tue 25/02/03 at 22:02
Regular
"bei-jing-jing-jing"
yeah, but did u see them at Ikaruga? They seemed pretty damn good at that game...
Tue 25/02/03 at 20:31
Regular
I thought that too, but, they were probably drunk at the time, either that, or they were just messin around.
Tue 25/02/03 at 20:28
Regular
"EXCUSE ME"
When watching the NGC DVD footage of Master Quest they died in the Deku tree. This may be to create a good point to stop the footage, but they were struggling to climb up a ladder and almost got killed by a gold skultula under a crate and took ages in a room with Ghoma eggs where you can raise the three pillars.
If they are really this bad, can we really trust their reviews, perhaps they get easy versions of the game or other people to do the game for them. I know this sounds stupid but that is what a magazine called Video Gamer did a few years ago.
Don't get me wrong, NGC are still my favourite Nintendo magazine and their reviews have never steered me wrong before. I just found watching it funny. I haven't watched their Wind Waker footage so I don' know what they were like at that.
Did anyone else wonder about their ability when watching the footage, I mean they were almost as bad as my mum was (and that is bad).

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Thanks!
Thank you for dealing with this so promptly it's nice having a service provider that offers a good service, rare to find nowadays.
Top-notch internet service
Excellent internet service and customer service. Top-notch in replying to my comments.
Duncan

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.