GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"The use of LOL on these forums"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Fri 04/01/02 at 13:07
Regular
It must end. Only when occasions truly do make you laugh out loud (which on these forums, doesn't happen very often) are you allowed to utter this shortcut. Any occasions which are mildly funny or just chuckle-worthy cannot be adorned with LOL - perhaps a 'Heh' or a *smiles* would be more appropriate.

Think about it, what would you sound like everytime you actually laughed out loud when you say you do? A mentalist, that's what you'd sound like.

It ends now. Just a quick reminder, but I can ban you all if you don't comply, like a nerdy Robocop.
Sun 06/01/02 at 00:34
Happens all the time on MSN. But remember, we wouldn't be doing it in real life - things are slightly exxagerated on the internet compared to the "outside world" - so a LOL is really a "Heh", so a LOL in real life would result in a "HAHAHAHAHA" or an "LMAO". Possibly.
Sun 06/01/02 at 00:26
Regular
LMAO

I'll use that instead or...

LMFAO.
Sun 06/01/02 at 00:06
Regular
"WWJD"
lol (not much but a little)
Sat 05/01/02 at 23:35
Regular
"Fear my wrath..."
Also it can have unwanted long term side effects. Once at school someone told me a joke. Instead of laughing I said lol...

People stared at me strangly for hours.
Sat 05/01/02 at 14:33
Regular
"How Handy."
LOL!

TTT..
Sat 05/01/02 at 14:05
People coud use *g* aswell; stands for grins or grin, I quite like that.

Thing is though, the combined posts of this thread actually made me LOL ;>
Am I sad? (No, I just have to read console wars all day - it numbs the brain).
Sat 05/01/02 at 07:05
Regular
"everyone says it"
I havent said it since I read this topic first.

Does this rule (heh) apply to ROFL and LMFAO.

If not, I will adopt them. Great :-)
Fri 04/01/02 at 16:34
Regular
"I like cheese"
I probably use {:) too much, but that's because when you POP, you just can't stop.
Fri 04/01/02 at 16:33
Regular
"poo poo for you!"
err and how would you know if i said anything. unless... *to the side * i think we might have a stalker on our hands here (or is it the other Tony
Fri 04/01/02 at 16:28
Regular
"everyone says it"
Meka Dragon wrote:
> Has anyone ever said 'LOL', you know after somebody tells a joke or
> something.

I haven't.

Even Tony has said it a couple of times.... *and I was going to say it to Ali's 'Robocop' thing*

:-D

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Thanks!
Thank you for dealing with this so promptly it's nice having a service provider that offers a good service, rare to find nowadays.
Top-notch internet service
Excellent internet service and customer service. Top-notch in replying to my comments.
Duncan

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.