GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Star Tek: Anyone a Trekkie?"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 25/02/03 at 23:07
Regular
Anyone whose "obsessed" with star trek will know that there videos films and games are great!
Lets talk about the games...
I have played nearly all of them and most of them were great!
I particularly like the "Bridge Commander" because of its amazing graphics and the real inside fealing of star trek. It goes through a series of missions each one getting more and more information about the vesuvi event and the Big Explosion. What brings it more to life is that you can actually issue orders verbally! cool huh.
Well lets move on... Star Trek Armada, not a bad game real-time strategy. Its performance in graphics and missions and various other options are commendable. They really give you the chance to plan out how where when your gonna attack the enemy. You can be 4 races , klingon, borg, federation, romulan. You can also interact and take the game further and play against leading competitors online.
Star Trek armada 2, well a bit of improvement in the missions area and the layout of it but thats all really. I expected to have seen more "larger" more "powerful" ships, but still the same old ships. The graphics are commendable just as its predeccessor and the gameplay is not bad.
I like Star Trek armada because it has that sort of well theme to it, you know out in 3d space looking above starbases and ships and enemys, the kind of game youd play when you were bord or just dont have anything to do, to get your brain back in action.
Star Trek starfleet command 1-2-3. Very impressive number 3. I like the 3rd starfleet command because of the graphics and the amount of missions and the amount of things you can do. You can customize your weoponry and armour and cloaking devices, you can go and do countless number of skirmishes and choose your ship and whose on you team, select the part of the galaxy quadrant you want to play in. You choose what supplies you whant, how many marines your officers and when to fire when to raise shields and when to tractor a target how fast to go and when to warp. This is a detailed outstanding game that should be bought and played by all trekkie fans.This game can also be played against people on the net.
I like also "Hidden Evil" and "Elite Force" because of there first person shoot-em'. There are a number of weopons and missions and things to do.
These games have high detailed graphics with a good storyline worth following. These games are worth playing.
Star Trek "New Worlds" what a dissapointment. The graphics are poor and the layout and ships and everything about it is poor, not my sort of game i guess but it just deosnt appeal to me. If your dedicated to getting all games and enjoy all games then by all means dont let my opinion put you off.
Star Trek starship creator 1-warp2. These are quite good if you have the time and like planning and building, this isnt really a game its more of a use your brain type "game". You can customize a ship in any way, from hull to sensors and cabin quatres. The ships you create can be imported to games like Starfleet command 3, i am not to sure about any other games as i havent tried it. But theres a downfall, money yes theres money involved when you are building your ship. But not to worry there are trainers you can download to give you unlimited money! I think www.gameguru.com does it.
Anyways ive done enough talking for the night and hope you trekkies will TREK on!
Thanks for reading
Cpt Ltnt Spock

P.S Anyone in who lives in the U.K, theres and expedition or something to do with star trek in hyde park london Wednesday 18 December 2003???? visit www.startrekadventure.co.uk for more information.
once again thank you for reading.
Thu 27/02/03 at 23:28
Regular
""It's me u want""
sorry weighs' im tired and its late!
lol ~_~
Thu 27/02/03 at 23:28
Regular
Set phazor's too virgin.
Thu 27/02/03 at 23:27
Regular
"gsybe you!"
*weighs*

Star Treks okay. Except for the incessant moralising.

Get some more DS9 action. That was cool.

And the planet locations always look terrible.
Thu 27/02/03 at 23:26
Regular
""It's me u want""
has anyone played or got Star trek bridge commander??
if you have could you tell me whether you can issue verbal orders to the crew via microphone???
Thu 27/02/03 at 23:24
Regular
""It's me u want""
up_in_$moke wrote:
>
>
> LOL.. i bet im the only person here that could put together the
> physical equasion for the collision.. LOL.. if i knew the weight of
> the enterprise (or whatever the ships called) and the weight of that
> bit of space dust.
>
>

The enterprise ways 4.5 million metric tonnes
Thu 27/02/03 at 21:01
Regular
"Which one's pink?"
Lou Role wrote:
> Cpt Ltnt Spock wrote:
> anyone thinking about going to the star trek thing then on 8th
> december hyde park london??
>
> I went to a Star Trek exhabition(sp?) a fair few years ago in
> Glasgow:
>
> I bought a pencil, yes.

!!!
I think I remember that!
I bought a phaser thing, or something.
Yes, Star Trek Voyager is good, the rest, pffft.
Thu 27/02/03 at 20:51
Regular
I watch a program today on a Bravo (dunno if anyone knows the sky channel) called "10 things you didnt know about......." and this weeks program was on about 'space'

i think it was fact number 6 which said that if a ship the same size of the enterprise was going at even half the speed of light and struck a piece of space dust about 6mm in diameter it would cause an explosion the with the same energy of about 5 atomic bombs. LOL.. the little animation they did of it was funny.

If anyone saw the program this week then they could tell you exact numbers of atomic bombs.

LOL.. i bet im the only person here that could put together the physical equasion for the collision.. LOL.. if i knew the weight of the enterprise (or whatever the ships called) and the weight of that bit of space dust.
Thu 27/02/03 at 20:28
Regular
"Just Bog Standard.."
Cpt Ltnt Spock wrote:

I went to a Star Trek exhabition(sp?) a fair few years ago in Glasgow:

I bought a pencil, yes.
Thu 27/02/03 at 18:03
Regular
""It's me u want""
well if your not a trekkie and you dont live in the uk then obviously you wouldnt go...
Thu 27/02/03 at 18:01
Regular
"Sure.Fine.Whatever."
Cpt Ltnt Spock wrote:

emm, no, definitely not going.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Excellent support service!
I have always found the support staff to provide an excellent service on every occasion I've called.
Ben
Second to none...
So far the services you provide are second to none. Keep up the good work.
Andy

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.