GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"The Simpsons on BBC news"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Fri 04/01/02 at 10:19
Regular
Ok this isnt about the simpsons being on the BBC news. Its news about the simpsons on BBC.

BBC 2 is planning to show the simpsons, every day from now on. They will be showing it around 5-7pm, its still not confirmed. This is so they can compete with programmes like Channel 4's new Superman spin-off series Smallville.

So this could mean that people without sky or cable will be getting more new episodes and less repeats. But it could mean the exact opposite.

Will have to wait and see when more info is released.
CDouch
Sun 06/01/02 at 11:23
Regular
"Vote For Pedro"
they were going to when digital was first announced
Sat 05/01/02 at 23:13
Regular
"That's right!"
They should just give in to demand and make a 24/7 Simpsons channel... Come on, you all know you'd love to see that!
Sat 05/01/02 at 00:53
Regular
"Maximum Homerdrive"
what happened to homer, he's completly insane in the newer ones.

which is good D'oh
Fri 04/01/02 at 18:17
Regular
"Vote For Pedro"
sorry if you take offense
Fri 04/01/02 at 18:09
Regular
CDouch wrote:

check out my topic - I see yellow people

That's a bit racist don't you think?
Fri 04/01/02 at 18:03
Regular
"Vote For Pedro"
Yep!
If you like Simpsons then check out my topic - I see yellow people
Fri 04/01/02 at 17:24
Regular
I dont thionk the new episodes are as good as the old ones but they are still okay and funnier than FUTURAMA.
Fri 04/01/02 at 14:18
Regular
"Fear my wrath..."
CDouch wrote:
> I dont know about you but the new episodes dont lay a scratch on the classics.
> The show really was in its prime in the episode currently running on BBC. We saw
> homer fight president bush, bart win an elephant off the radio and so much more.
> Sure the new ones are good, but they arent the same.

They are the same when you have seen the one where Bart wins an elephant about 50 times.
Fri 04/01/02 at 12:54
Regular
"Vote For Pedro"
I dont know about you but the new episodes dont lay a scratch on the classics. The show really was in its prime in the episode currently running on BBC. We saw homer fight president bush, bart win an elephant off the radio and so much more. Sure the new ones are good, but they arent the same.
Fri 04/01/02 at 12:16
Regular
"Fear my wrath..."
What's the difference? I refuse to watch The Simpsons on BBC News. I've seen basically every episode on Sky and everytime I see it on BBC I have to be admitted to "the classics" from 5 series ago. Even if BBC start to show "new episodes" of The Simpsons they will still be from several years ago.

If BBC wants to keep it's ratings it's going to need to offer a new episode every episode until it gets to the state of Sky. Some episodes I do not mind seeing it's just those boring ones like episode 1 where they get Santas Little Helper that gets me.

The treehouse of Horrors are by far the best. They've made so many I've lost count but BBC are only on the third or fourth.

BBC need to get their act together I feel for terrestrial viewers. As I've seen them all I nearly weep when the people I talk with about them have not a clue which episode I'm referring to. And you cannot really create the magical comedy of the Simpsons to your friends it doesn't have the same effect if you know what I mean.

Sigh... SORT IT OUT BBC.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Simple, yet effective...
This is perfect, so simple yet effective, couldnt believe that I could build a web site, have alrealdy recommended you to friends. Brilliant.
Con
My website looks tremendous!
Fantastic site, easy to follow, simple guides... impressed with whole package. My website looks tremendous. You don't need to be a rocket scientist to set this up, Freeola helps you step-by-step.
Susan

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.