GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Don't touch me. You'll burn."

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 26/02/03 at 15:53
Regular
'Analysts recommend that Nintendo should abandon its traditional console-exclusive software publishing strategy and publish its games across multiple platforms. '

er-no recommends that analysts should shut the hell up. Whats with the advice that Nintendo should move away from its 'traditional' publishing of exclusive games. How thick can the analysts at yahoo be. If Nintendo stopped publishing exlclusive games then Nintendo would have to stop manufacturing hardware. Nintendo have said themselves the day they stop making hardware is the day they leave the video game business altogether.

Also. I think the analysts are forgetting the point which is why Nintendo are so good. That point is that Nintendo make the most profit out of all the companies who are in this 'console war' so why should they have to change their ways. It seems to me the idiots behind this report decided to forget the biggest factor in this market. Which is the GameBoy. Although small. Its tearing Sony and Microsoft apart. Its due to this lil bundle of hardware that NIntendo own the largest % of the total market. Am I right to include the handheld in the same market? Damn right I am. Its near enough the same price as the consoles due to all the recent price cuts.

The biggest point of all. Also the reason I am so heavily annoyed at this pathetic report. Is that the exclusive games are what make up Nintendo. There wouldn't be a need for three consoles on the market if nobody had exclusives. There would be even less challenge to developers if companies like Nintendo didn't make in-house and exclusive games. If anyone has discovered just how much crap is out there to buy it would be me. I sell game after game every Sunday to people who only buy it because,

- They saw it advertised,
- It has a license from a famous character
- The female characters have large assets. (Hi DOA).

If Nintendo did change their tactics and allow their games. The best games in the world. To be released on other consoles. It would be bye bye Nintendo. The exclusives on the console make the gamers buy the console. I brought my XBox for Morrowind and Halo. I brought my PS2 for GTA. I brought my Gamecube for Mario, Zelda, Metroid and F Zero. Hell. You might as well just give Microsoft access to everything in the world. They'll become a supreme government and only allow super-nerds with blue eyes and blonde hair to live.

Can you trust analysts? Trust the people who claimed there would be good films in the cinema in 2000. The facts are:

The GC is outselling XBox because of Japan.
Nintendo are still very strong in this console war and have yet to release Pokemon or Zelda worldwide.
Nintendo are their exclusives.

Hell, its like Apple selling their operating system to Microsoft (which was going to happen during Apple's last ten rollarcoaster years).

Take away Nintendo's exclusives. You will be taking away the markets freedom.

Thank You
er-no.
Thu 27/02/03 at 23:15
Regular
"gsybe you!"
Random_gu˙™ wrote:
>
> but then demo discs in homes would also help...wouldnt it :|

Yep.

And they are in stores anyway.

But at home is best.
Thu 27/02/03 at 21:36
Regular
like some one said in here, maybe releaseing a few games on other consoles could work.

not saying something like zelda mario etc, but maybe a new one which they make on all 3 consoles showing non-nintendos what nintendo games are like. And then release the sequel on only gamecube with load more extras..

but it could backfire, and then they wont buy a Gamecube cause one of their games are on PS2 or what ever.

but i know myself didnt think pikmin would work, but i played it, and its the best games ever. So maybe this is what ps2 and xbox owners see... nintendo games not much cop but then they play it and change their minds.

but then demo discs in game stores would also help...wouldnt it :|
Thu 27/02/03 at 21:09
Regular
"everyone says it"
The Dringo wrote:
> The new report is a little more promising... you can access it
> somewhere at cube-europe.

No report is justified.
Wed 26/02/03 at 22:02
Regular
The new report is a little more promising... you can access it somewhere at cube-europe.
Wed 26/02/03 at 21:58
Regular
"gsybe you!"
Somebody from the 'Broadand Development' or summat said Nintendo would fail due to a lack of coherent online policy.

Whereas XBOX, with briadband gaming done well. Now that of course means it will succeed, because of BROADBAND!

EVERYBODY BOW!

:D
Wed 26/02/03 at 19:57
Regular
"Long time no see!"
I new some idiots were going to come up with the rediculous idea of Nintendo producing their top-franchises on all-formats!
Do they really have a clue at all??!

If Nintendo were to release the likes of Zelda and Mario on the PS2 and X-Box, then those people delaying buying a 'Cube untill these games are out would have absolutely no reason to buy a GameCube at all!
How the hell would that be good for Nintendo?!?!?

They would probably be able to make a fair-profit from the games sales, but it's a well-known fact that not all of Nintendo's games (or even any in some cases) appeal to everyone-else owning a PS2 or X-Box.
Plus, I just don't see how a game like Mario would work with the giant X-Box pad, or even how Zelda would suit the PS2 (with it being a "quality" franchise that ISN'T Grand Theft Auto, and all).

Idiots!!
But at least if it did happen, we'd all have to suffer the same PAL delays, together. And with a higher-demand for Nintendo games, it'd probably take even-longer for them to arrive!!
Wed 26/02/03 at 17:46
Regular
Another report popped up this afternoon saying that Nintendo are doing well and that they can gain on their competitors.

There's a link on Cube-Europe if you wanna read it.
Wed 26/02/03 at 17:39
Regular
"bit of a brain"
er-yes wrote:
> I brought my XBox for Morrowind and Halo.

Where did you bring it?
Wed 26/02/03 at 17:09
Regular
Then again, if they release maybe one or two games multi-format per year, it'd be advertising the console straight in the faces of PS2 and Xbox owners.
Then Ninty would still have a gabjillion more great titles as exclusives, so everyone would see how great ninty were then buy a gamecube.

Maybe.
Wed 26/02/03 at 16:20
Regular
"Rendering Women."
This is one of my favorite posts! :)

Pure anger. :-D

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Unrivalled services
Freeola has to be one of, if not the best, ISP around as the services they offer seem unrivalled.
The coolest ISP ever!
In my opinion, the ISP is the best I have ever used. They guarantee 'first time connection - everytime', which they have never let me down on.

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.