GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Who has pre-ordered a cube from Special Reserve?"

The "Nintendo Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 03/01/02 at 23:51
Regular
I have pre-ordered a cube from Special Reserve. I have never pre-ordered a console from them before but can anyone tell me what happens.

I have paid the £20 deposit, do I have to ring up nearer the date and pay the final price when it's confirmed?

Has anyone pre-ordered a console here before?

what happened then, did u get a bill through the post?

Cheers for your help

Regards

Sinfield
Thu 03/01/02 at 23:51
I have pre-ordered a cube from Special Reserve. I have never pre-ordered a console from them before but can anyone tell me what happens.

I have paid the £20 deposit, do I have to ring up nearer the date and pay the final price when it's confirmed?

Has anyone pre-ordered a console here before?

what happened then, did u get a bill through the post?

Cheers for your help

Regards

Sinfield
Fri 04/01/02 at 10:12
Regular
"DS..."
i would have thought that they will contact you nearer the release date to finalise arrangements, hope this helps.
slik ~_~
Fri 04/01/02 at 10:18
Regular
"poo poo for you!"
i have done exaclty the same preordered it from here " first time" and i would think when they have like the Release date confirmed about say 1 week more and then ring up and pay the remainder (price-£20). Oh yes and ask for colour etc (does it cost to ring SR?)

and really Whsmith although they do quite good bargins sometimes (but not intentionally) )
Fri 04/01/02 at 10:21
Regular
"DS..."
hmm, but' iv'e got a £10 off voucher 4 a GC in WHsmith's u see...
slik ~_~
Fri 04/01/02 at 10:23
Regular
"poo poo for you!"
ahh
Fri 04/01/02 at 11:10
Regular
"Long time no see!"
Apparently they contact you nearer the time of release to sort out other details. What games you want, if you want a controller and memory card aswell, and sort out the overall price and how you'll recieve it. So all you should have to do if you have reserved is wait.

I haven't reserved one and i'm not gunna reserve one with anyone.
Fri 04/01/02 at 11:42
Regular
"PC Gaming Founder"
I, too, have pre-ordered my Gamecube with Special Reserve and did so the VERY moment it first appeared in there magazine (about August time I think).
The guy before me is right - Special Reserve ring you up when they know details such as prices, dates, launch titles etc and basically ask you what you want at launch.
However, although you'll probably receive the console on launch day, what happens quite often is that you'll be missing a game or an extra controller. You might get lucky mind.
Fri 04/01/02 at 20:49
Regular
$lik wrote:
> I have no idea as I will be getting mine from either EB...

Please, please, please. I cannot say how much i hate those untrained, disrespectful, careless tarts at eb.

Online, i ordered a dvd box-set they claimed to have in stock. A few weeks later, with no dvd in my possession, i went back to the site looking for contact details to see why. I also checked the product to get its full details for them. Turned out to be only taking 'pre-orders', though the release date was a few months in the past.

So i wrote a lengthy e-mail to their customer services explaining my problem, and asking for them to cancel my order and tell me whether they'd billed my card, and if so, to refund me.

Confirmation of my e-mail received. Then nothing. 2 weeks later, i write again to another address i got hold of for them. Again, automated confirmation, then nothing. A third time, using the customer services e-mail on the site again. Guess what? Confirmation, then nothing.

4th time of sending, finally i got a response, telling me they would 'look into it'. A week or so later, they told me they'd cancelled my order, and i'd not been billed. Finally, about 2 1/2 months after my original e-mail, 3 months after ordering the damn thing, i could finally go and buy the thing from a place where customer service doesn't ignore difficult questions and they don't make amateurish mistakes to cause these problems in the first place.

Incompetent tarts.
Fri 04/01/02 at 21:16
Regular
"+34 Intellect"
im not gonna reserve one either, im really tempted to import.
Fri 04/01/02 at 22:00
"slightlyshortertagl"
i suggest an import although i'm more an XBox man myself

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Very pleased
Very pleased with the help given by your staff. They explained technical details in an easy way and were patient when providing information to a non expert like me.
Excellent
Excellent communication, polite and courteous staff - I was dealt with professionally. 10/10

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.