GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"What To Do While Waiting For GameCube"

The "Nintendo Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 03/01/02 at 19:41
Regular
A new year begins promising a new, next-genration console from Nintendo, confirmig the end of the N64. The only problem now is that we don't know WHEN the GameCube will be released in Europe! It could be March/Springtime, just like expected, but other rumours are suggesting it could be delayed untill the end of 2002! That'd mean another 11 months to wait instead of 2!! We simply cannot wait that long!! And what would we be able to do during the time we're waiting???

One answer is the GameBoy. It's a Nintendo console and would therefore be very popular with the waiting Nintendo fans. The GameBoy Advance is the latest version to be released, and is definitley the best! It's 32-bit graphics would also attract Nintendo fans who want to re-live the classic games of the SNES. The only problem with the GBA is the overall cost of things. Games cost upto £35, the console's upto £80, and other accessories would cost you at least £10!! Not cheap at all! And you can't just survive on only one or two games, can you. You'd be looking at over £100 for something to take up just a few months of your spare time waiting! Spending this much would also limit you to what you intend to spend on the GameCube's launch date. You may only be able to buy the console and one game. That wouldn't go down well with several brothers, unless it's a multipalyer. But you wouldn't just want a multiplayer on your new console would you!

GameBoy Colour/Mono games could also be an answer. The prices would be slightly cheaper than GBA's, but would still reduce what you're saving for the Cube. GameBoys are the world's no.1 selling console and no.1 at hand-held level. They can be highly addictive as you can play different types of games anywhere, at almost any time! But this could put you off of your original idea of buying a GameCube as you'll feel you belong in that place with the hand-helds.

Another good idea is to search for you long lost NES or SNES. You could then re-live the great classics of the pixelated worlds, a 'must do' for any retro games fan. But when you think about what you're expecting from the GameCube, you may feel that the SNES/NES games are a 'waste of time' or 'too old and boring', and that you should be spending your time with something more up-to-date. You could try another console like a PSOne or Dreamcast, but they're not Nintendo, and you wouldn't be getting the same satisfaction from game playing as you would from a Nintendo console.

So what about the N64?? It's currently the most recent non-hand held console by Nintendo, as many have said that it should never have ended! Does it have to end now??? NO! This is the ideal console to play while you await the arrival of the GameCube!! The games that are expected on the GameCube are very similar to the ones that can be found on the N64, with some as sequels or updates. You'll also find that the control styles and controllers are very similar, helping you to prepare for the game playing experience of the GameCube. With great, classic games like Zelda, 1080 Snowboarding, Mario Kart and Perfect Dark, there's no way you'll have much time on your hands while you wait!!

So the answer is to keep your N64 set-up and enjoy every single game untill the GameCube arrives. If you don't have enough games you can always get them cheap. Many stupid people are trading them in allowing you to pick up the bargins! Don't try to fill your time with something else. Only Nintendo can help the real Nintendo fans.
Fri 04/01/02 at 13:16
Regular
"PC Gaming Founder"
Nope.
Fri 04/01/02 at 13:06
Regular
"Peace Respect Punk"
have a very long... waND ???

(come on that's gotta be right?)
Fri 04/01/02 at 12:06
Regular
"PC Gaming Founder"
So very, very close...
Fri 04/01/02 at 11:53
Regular
"Peace Respect Punk"
I know! while waiting or GC have a very long waZZ!

there you go!
Fri 04/01/02 at 11:42
Regular
"Long time no see!"
The X-Box is made out of sh*** ********. - SHARP POTATOES

The GameCube is made out of st***. - STUFF
Fri 04/01/02 at 11:38
Regular
"PC Gaming Founder"
I'm not doing yours until you get mine right!
Fri 04/01/02 at 11:38
Regular
"Long time no see!"
waLK. Meaning walk around looking for cheap N64 games and GameCube info!
Fri 04/01/02 at 11:37
Regular
"Sally On Weekdays!"
kingklik wrote:
> Complete this sentence:

While waiting for the Nintendo Gamecube to be
> released in the UK,have a very long wa**.

Prize for the winner.

I think I've got it!

While waiting for the Nintendo Gamecube to be released in the UK, have a very long wait.

Now do mine!

The X-Box is made out of sh*** ********.

The GameCube is made out of st***

The winner gets naff all - what do you take me for? In my day, people appreciated the value of money!
Fri 04/01/02 at 11:34
Regular
"PC Gaming Founder"
Complete this sentence:

While waiting for the Nintendo Gamecube to be released in the UK,have a very long wa**.

Prize for the winner.
Fri 04/01/02 at 11:20
Regular
"Long time no see!"
Joe Dark and Dr. Duck have got the right idea. Good to see some people won't be giving up on the N64 yet!

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

10/10
Over the years I've become very jaded after many bad experiences with customer services, you have bucked the trend. Polite and efficient from the Freeola team, well done to all involved.
Wonderful...
... and so easy-to-use even for a technophobe like me. I had my website up in a couple of hours. Thank you.
Vivien

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.