GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Advice needed on rebuilding an N64 collection"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 27/02/03 at 13:56
Regular
After deciding that there are a thinly spread number of GC games on the way that I am interested in I've decided to get together a definitive personal collection of N64 games. I've got a list together of ones I'm planning on including but because I'm lazy and can't think of any more can anyone think of any others I should eventaully include that I have missed or if there are any games in the second list that I never had before that I shouldn't bother with? No sports, puzzle or driving games though thank you.

These are games I used to have that I think I'd like back:

Banjo-Kazooie
Diddy Kong Racing
F-Zero X
GoldenEye 007
Mario Kart 64
Pilotwings 64
Star Fox 64
Super Mario 64
Yoshi's Story
(I've missed out Ocarina of Time 'cos of the Wind Waker bonus disk)

And here are a few I never played that I think I'll track down:

Banjo-Tooie
Conker's Bad Fur Day
Donkey Kong 64
Jet Force Gemini
Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask
Perfect Dark
Fri 28/02/03 at 13:39
Regular
"Despondent"
Solskjær wrote:
> I could sell you ISS 2000 for £15? :)

haha, and when you've bought that, I'll sell you some magic beans for a fiver.
Fri 28/02/03 at 11:06
Regular
Click on where it says newbie and it tells you how to become a regular.
Fri 28/02/03 at 11:04
Regular
"Plain Misunderstood"
I've been on over a year and I'm still classed as a NEWBIE!?! That really sucks. :(
Fri 28/02/03 at 11:03
Regular
"Plain Misunderstood"
Alexrose1uk wrote:
> I have Yoshi's Story, Mario 64, JFG, Both Vigilante games and loads
> others. (Don't bother with Vigilante8, it gets incredibly boring-
> little replay value)Oh, and DK64 and F-Zero X (classic!) too. I have lots. heh
Fri 28/02/03 at 11:01
Regular
"Plain Misunderstood"
I have Yoshi's Story, Mario 64, JFG, Both Vigilante games and loads others. (Don't bother with Vigilante8, it gets incredibly boring- little replay value)
Fri 28/02/03 at 10:42
Regular
"Long time no see!"
I could sell you ISS 2000 for £15? :)

For some reason I prefer this game to ISS '98...
I think it's because of the smoother gameplay and how much better it feels to run with the ball, as each player. Even though the long-range shooting sails rediculously over-the-bar, almost all the time.
But ISS '98 is the best for scoring great-goals.
I once scored from an impossible angle with Anelka for France - the ball was bouncing out-of-play by the corner flag when suddenly, *THUMP*, I pressed B, and the 'keeper barely even moved as the ball shot in at the near-post! Incredible! :D

You should also check out Zelda: Majora's Mask, Paper Mario, Conker's Bad Fur Day, the 2 'Banjo' games (Kazzooie and Tooie), aswell as Diddy Kong Racing, Mario Kart 64, Mario 64, GoldenEye, Perfect Dark, Jet Force Gemini (if you like shooters...), Lylat Wars, and perhaps International Track and Field and Blast Corps, if you find them cheap.

The N64 has some great memories...
If only there was so-much coming along for the GameCube, I'd be back there finishing off every-last-one of my 20-odd games I'm still yet to have completed...!
Fri 28/02/03 at 10:16
Regular
AfroJoe wrote:
> ISS98 (really simply amazing and brilliant! :-D)

Yup, possibly one of the finest games ever created.

Bouncy, bouncy!
Thu 27/02/03 at 19:39
Regular
"Looking for freedom"
This is turning into quite a popular topic. Maybe I should have made the title more general for others who are after more N64 games they don't remember. This all started a few weeks ago when I decided I wanted to play through Conker and developed into a bit of an obsession!

Maybe I should have put the 'No sports games' bit in CAPS though ;)

Thanks to those who've offered sales. I'll keep it in mind but to be honest I'm in the market for ripping off complete morons who don't know what there stuff is worth (*cough* ebay *cough* "no reserve") and I don't think that would apply to anyone here!
Thu 27/02/03 at 19:34
Regular
"I'm not Orgazmo"
Try and get CBF (you won't play a game like this again) although the graphics seem a bit 'clunky' once you've played on the GC.

Pick up Zelda MM definently, an overlooked classic, seriously.

Good luck dude, I'm still on the lookout for Mario 64.
Thu 27/02/03 at 19:30
Regular
"gsybe you!"
Rogue Squadron. Christ. I played it the other day. It is so bad in comparison to RL! Its incredible!

Anyhoo.

JFG is a clear cut piece of genius in bugs clothing. Even though it looks nice.

I agree AJ. No good games? Most people wouldn't know a good game if it smacked them in the face. Stupidity.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

I am delighted.
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do. I am delighted.
LOVE it....
You have made it so easy to build & host a website!!!
Gemma

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.