GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Night out or a new game..."

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 27/02/03 at 15:29
Regular
? A dilemma that has puzzled us all. I haven't been out for nearly a month (a night out, I mean) but that's because I've been spending money on more important stuff. Videogames. My girlfriends getting annoyed so I might have to go out this Saturday. I enjoy it when I go out but I can't be *****. And I'm going with her mates who I don't know in area known for it's clashes.

Somethings going to happen so I'd better be there but... ? What should I do? Since we're all in the voting spirit, here's a light-hearted topic.
Dump girlfriend for videogames:
A) Yes.
B) No.

You decide...

P.S. Not really gonna dump her but what would YOU do?
Thu 27/02/03 at 15:29
Regular
"Despondent"
? A dilemma that has puzzled us all. I haven't been out for nearly a month (a night out, I mean) but that's because I've been spending money on more important stuff. Videogames. My girlfriends getting annoyed so I might have to go out this Saturday. I enjoy it when I go out but I can't be *****. And I'm going with her mates who I don't know in area known for it's clashes.

Somethings going to happen so I'd better be there but... ? What should I do? Since we're all in the voting spirit, here's a light-hearted topic.
Dump girlfriend for videogames:
A) Yes.
B) No.

You decide...

P.S. Not really gonna dump her but what would YOU do?
Thu 27/02/03 at 15:35
Regular
"Back from the dead!"
(If you can) be the designated driver. It's the best blag ever. Everyone buys you your drinks in return for a lift home, you'll please the missus by going out and you'll still have the cash to buy the game.

Dusted.
Thu 27/02/03 at 15:38
Regular
"Despondent"
Slaveunit wrote:
> (If you can) be the designated driver. It's the best blag ever.
> Everyone buys you your drinks in return for a lift home, you'll please
> the missus by going out and you'll still have the cash to buy the
> game.
>
> Dusted.

V good idea, sounds like you've tried that before. I would try it Saturday but:
I don't know the area,
I don't have any music in my car (my dad's car got broken into so he's using the tape player),
and I can't drive. Taking my test 2moro (but I don't wanna talk about it).
Thu 27/02/03 at 15:41
Regular
"Back from the dead!"
Good luck on your test, I'm sure you'll be fine.

I've used the plan loads and it works every time. You'll learn the area soon enough as soon as you're mobile.
Thu 27/02/03 at 15:43
Regular
"Mudda owns BEARDS :"
Although I'd rather have games than a girlfriend. There's a hundred reasons why. I could copy them all from another resource, but that's just a pointless waste a time :)

You know the reasons. Perhaps sub-consciously, but you know them :D
Thu 27/02/03 at 15:47
Regular
"Despondent"
Girlfriends are good, tho. In the end, games are cheaper than paying for... a girl friend at night, right?
Thu 27/02/03 at 15:48
Regular
"Despondent"
Slaveunit wrote:
> Good luck on your test, I'm sure you'll be fine.

It's just confidence I need. And reversing round a corner. And parrallell parking.

Can trun in the road, tho. I'll be annoyed if I failed for that.
Thu 27/02/03 at 15:50
Regular
"gsybe you!"
Er.........the girlfriend.

Unless its Metroid....... :D
Thu 27/02/03 at 15:50
Regular
"Despondent"
paperjpn wrote:
> Girlfriends are good, tho. In the end, games are cheaper than paying
> for... a girl friend at night, right?

I don't know where I was going with that. I think it's the mild hallucogenia I'm feeling at the moment.

BTW, when you were drunk, have you ever looked at a lamp-post. I mean actually looked at a lamp-post. Quite amusing. I was laughing for a good half-hour.
Thu 27/02/03 at 15:51
Regular
"Despondent"
Cyclone wrote:
> Er.........the girlfriend.
>
> Unless its Metroid....... :D

I think I'd spend longer exploring Metroid than I would my girlfriend;)

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Impressive control panel
I have to say that I'm impressed with the features available having logged on... Loads of info - excellent.
Phil
LOVE it....
You have made it so easy to build & host a website!!!
Gemma

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.