GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"And the award for bad taste goes to..."

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 03/01/02 at 14:52
Regular
ITV, for showing a tall building getting blown up from numerous angles in Die Hard.
Fri 04/01/02 at 16:03
Regular
"You've upset me"
What the hell does Yippee Kay Ay means anyway?!
Fri 04/01/02 at 11:01
Regular
Goatboy wrote:
>

They were
> thieves, not terrorists.
And bloody good ones.

--

Ah, but not too good, or some cop wouldn't have been able to throw the leader out of a window. And the getaway (forget-his-name-possibly-Leo) driver gets knocked out by a limo driver with the weakest punch ever.
Fri 04/01/02 at 10:59
Regular
"Infantalised Forums"
Salevaa wrote:
>"Die Hard isn't about terrorists, it's
> about thieves."

Well - I disagree, in that it does show strong signs of
> terrorism, but it is not intentional - it's because they are theives. It's more
> murder than anything else.

---

Mr Takagi "What kind of terrorists are you?"
Gruber "Who said we were terrorists?"

Mrs Bruce Willis "So you're a petty thief?"
Gruber "I am an exceptional thief"

--

They were thieves, not terrorists.
And bloody good ones.
Fri 04/01/02 at 10:58
Regular
Who cares about football anyway?
Fri 04/01/02 at 10:55
Regular
"TheShiznit.co.uk"
It still made for pretty difficult watching, especially with the bloke falling off the side of the building.
Thu 03/01/02 at 18:11
Regular
"Long time no see!"
ITV do suck cuz of that 'The Premiership' program! It's a poor excuse for 'Match of the Day' and should be removed immeadiatly!! Have you seen it's latest ratings??? - LOL!!
Thu 03/01/02 at 18:07
Regular
"Sally On Weekdays!"
"ITV, for showing a tall building getting blown up from numerous angles in Die Hard."

Firstly, that is not really the fault of ITV, as they may have some sort of contract, leaving them with no legal leg to stand on. Secondly - it's been nearly 4 months!

"Die Hard isn't about terrorists, it's about thieves."

Well - I disagree, in that it does show strong signs of terrorism, but it is not intentional - it's because they are theives. It's more murder than anything else.

"I'm surprised they showed the movie, but it rocks and I forgot how much I enjoy that flick."

I'm not surprised really, as it had been nearly 4 months and yes, it does rule!

"I chose not to watch Die Hard, as it was going to be interupted by the news, and end too close to midnight."

Ya - I hate it when they do that! Damn ITV. I didn't even know it was on - I was just lucky to switch over in the ending moments of the film.

::Bad guy (Dang - what's his name again) falls out window::

That is a classic piece of TV!

"Fiction and reality are two different things."

Yes - if people cannot distinguish between them, then they belong in a padded room with a straight-jacket.

"if you are going to be offended why watch it?"

Precisely - it's look saying "Why watch a gory film if you're squeamish and not willing to watch?"

"Also I was surprised the end of year was not another excuse for the media to show the twin towers being blown up again and again and again and again..."

We can always expect it in The Sun tomorrow, Just A Day...

"Sigh..Will every film get critised if it shows a tower block?"

It appears so - the damn media are so hypocritical, or so they seem, but I fear that they just do it for the money. Deja Vu anyone?

"Bad taste? Die Hard is a classic film! It REALLY annoys me when people say things like this."

Yep - it has no significane to the events of September 11th whatsoever. It's dang irrelivant!

"Metal Gear Solid 2 was delayed in America and Britain due to the terrorist attacks, fair enough, I agree with them doing that. But this is what's stupid, It's out NOW in America but we've got to wait another 2/3 months even though the attacks were in America!!!"

Yep - they should have both been delayed and released at the same time. Bring on the criticism.

"Back onto Die Hard, I think it was fine to show."

Yes - no troubles at all.

"They left the F-word in all over the place, but - yet again - cut out the 'Yippee-kay-ay' part... even though at that point it was something like 10:40pm."

Rediculous - why have a Watershed if you're going to ignore it? I smell an ITV petition - anyone else?

"I'll never, ever understand TV censorship. You have a 'watershed' (whatever the hell that is) before which you won't broadcast certain things. Fair enough. But if you won't broadcast them after the 'watershed' anyway, what's the damn point?!"

Exactly - backing up what I just said. Thanks Wooks.

"I don't think is was in bad taste at all, maybe if they showed Die Hard 2 where the plane blows up, but even then, as most people here are saying, fiction and reality are different things."

It should be no different if they show DH2 - they should both be exempt from any media attention.

"You don't need to watch hundreds of wildlife programmes to realise that the most dangerous things in the world are overprotective mothers."

LoL at Grix!
Thu 03/01/02 at 17:52
Regular
WòókieeMøn§†€® wrote:
"what's the damn point?!"

You don't need to watch hundreds of wildlife programmes to realise that the most dangerous things in the world are overprotective mothers.
Thu 03/01/02 at 17:30
I don't think is was in bad taste at all, maybe if they showed Die Hard 2 where the plane blows up, but even then, as most people here are saying, fiction and reality are different things.

Let me ask you monkey_man, do you defend games when people say things like "GTA3 is a bad influence on kids?" Same thing.
Thu 03/01/02 at 17:25
"High polygon count"
They left the F-word in all over the place, but - yet again - cut out the 'Yippee-kay-ay' part... even though at that point it was something like 10:40pm.

I'll never, ever understand TV censorship. You have a 'watershed' (whatever the hell that is) before which you won't broadcast certain things. Fair enough. But if you won't broadcast them after the 'watershed' anyway, what's the damn point?!

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Many thanks!
You were 100% right - great support!
Impressive control panel
I have to say that I'm impressed with the features available having logged on... Loads of info - excellent.
Phil

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.