GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Need help from sports fans.....c58"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 27/02/03 at 17:46
Regular
I'm becoming aware that the only games that have any real replay value are sports games? At the moment I've only got Pro Evo2(I've only got PS2 & PC). I've had Tiger Woods PGA2002 and loved it, SSX Tricky got a bit boring, Tony Hawks tired of it after a month.

After getting OPS2Mag this month I've been hooked on NBA Live2003. Is it worth buying?

I'm also thinking about Madden2003 - Used to have a Madden game on the Megadrive and it was great....Is the latest PS2 version worth getting?

Are there any other sporting greats you guys can put me on to?

thanks

consumer58

;p
Sat 01/03/03 at 10:41
Regular
"bitterly jaded ;]"
Thanks BckPack.

Still leaning towards NBA live though....
Fri 28/02/03 at 22:54
Regular
"aka [EIRE] Taig"
Madden 2003 is superb, its a bit boring at the start because you won't understand the moves unless you watch NFL. But once you get the hang of it, its really enjoyable, its best played in multiplayer.
:>P
BckPack
Fri 28/02/03 at 20:20
Regular
"bitterly jaded ;]"
CDGT wrote:
> Pro Evolution 2 is great but FIFA 2003 is great too. There's loads of
> options which means it will keep you occupied for a long time. Rent it
> out first though because you either love it or you hate it

Heretic! Philistine! and other things that imply severe wrongdoing of biblical proportions.

--I like football...not pinball!

c58

;p
Fri 28/02/03 at 12:36
Regular
" victim of regulars"
Pro Evolution 2 is great but FIFA 2003 is great too. There's loads of options which means it will keep you occupied for a long time. Rent it out first though because you either love it or you hate it
Thu 27/02/03 at 20:42
Regular
"bitterly jaded ;]"
Wheres the fun in being a manager? Much better controlling the team than figuring out stats.

;p
Thu 27/02/03 at 20:22
Regular
Get Championship Manager 4 when it comes out.
Thu 27/02/03 at 20:06
Regular
"bitterly jaded ;]"
Tanks(sic) AJ & Ort.

Am I right in thinking that Live is a bit more of a simulation than street? I think I kinda lean more towards the realism kick.

;]
Thu 27/02/03 at 19:08
Regular
consumer58 wrote:
> Asher D wrote:
> NBA Live licks balls. Get NBA Street.
>
> Really? The demo's tops....

I played the NBA live demo too. I found it quite simply crap compared to NBA street. NBA street is much more fun with its more arcadey style and cool dunks. I'm not really a basketball fan mind. Thats why i probably prefer Street.

Which reminds me that i gotta try and find an original version of NBA jam on the SNES...

"From downtown!"

"He's on fire!"

need that game...
Thu 27/02/03 at 18:54
Regular
"sdomehtongng"
consumer58 wrote:
> Does it have that everlasting feel that PES2 has? Keep going back to
> do things with more style? etc.

---

It's not 'everlasting', but it will keep you going for a while.

There are normal matches to get you started, then there's the Mini-Camp, which provides you with excellent challenges - then after you've gotten to know the game a little better, you can go into the Franchise, and attempt to win the league, and things like that.

And it's good in Multiplayer too - 2-player is the best.
Thu 27/02/03 at 18:51
Regular
"bitterly jaded ;]"
AfroJoe wrote:
> Madden 2003 is excellent.
>
> Buy it.

Does it have that everlasting feel that PES2 has? Keep going back to do things with more style? etc.

ta

;]

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

The coolest ISP ever!
In my opinion, the ISP is the best I have ever used. They guarantee 'first time connection - everytime', which they have never let me down on.
LOVE it....
You have made it so easy to build & host a website!!!
Gemma

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.