GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"The greatest footy game EVER......"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 27/02/03 at 18:35
Regular
Imagine a footy game which is a mix between all the greats. Fifa, pes2 and champ man. Great i know, my idea is all that but u control one person.

You create a player to start with, this can be urself, a random person, or u could just choose a real player. The create a player mode would have a ton of various hairstyles accessories like pro evo. You then start by choosing a third devision team and goin for tryouts and if you can put on a good enough performance then they will sign you other wise choose a different team. As you go on in the game you will be able to do all different things you could imagine real players doing, from signing a personal coach, fighting with the manager(u can kik a boot at him instead), meet famous women and errrrr...... wot do you think. the game goes on and on when u get to 36 you can then choose when u want to retire and become coach, manager/assistant manager. Then decide when to retire for good.

When playing matches you play as the whole team and if theres any injuries than you can see it happen, even sick ones like a broken leg, and while your injured you can be asked to join Gary Lineaker on match of the day coz des is rubish. You can get called up for England or a second nation. If you win awards such as golden boot or goal of the month then u get extra money, you also get extra money for selling your stories to papers, also you can start a rivalry with other players by visiting paper companies, become well known for your hairstyle, aggresiveness, goal scoring or just hating everyone but yourself.

I think this game would be amazing, some features from pes2, graphics from fifa and decisions like champ manager.

p.s: THIS GAME DOES'NT REALLY EXIST IT'S JUST AN IDEA.
Thu 20/03/03 at 16:06
Regular
"Wots your boggle"
Now take your favourite features from all of your favourite footy games and post them, then imagine it all in one game, there everyones happy :)
Sun 16/03/03 at 20:58
Regular
Mind you every one says pro evolution is the best one. personaly i love my fifa!
Sun 16/03/03 at 20:56
Regular
I prefer the fifa's!

Ive got fifa 2003 at the mo. Its ace.
Tue 11/03/03 at 21:59
Regular
"oaps.org"
lalakersrule wrote:
> I don't think anything will ever beat Sensible World Of Soccer on the
> amiga

certainly nothing will come close to this, even though i was no good at it i still went back for more punishment
Tue 11/03/03 at 13:10
Regular
Yo you guys its Pal88 here

Sorry to say this but the best ever football game is a mixture of fifa soccer 2000 and that of the net yaroze's total soccer Plus the dreamcasts uefa dream soccer.

I hope now the best soccer game is cleared up for you The best out of my three would be dat of the dreamcasts then the net yarozes.

This thing may not look that good but if you look at my stats you'll see ive only just started.
Fri 07/03/03 at 17:24
Regular
"Wots your boggle"
Well i dont have the SNES so some game designers best make my game idea, because it would be goooood, like PIE!!!!!!!
Thu 06/03/03 at 18:27
Regular
"Festivus!"
We already have the greatest football game ever. Fifa 96, for the SNES. Happy days.
Thu 06/03/03 at 16:33
Regular
"Wots your boggle"
Ur right about the realistic thing ea tried on fifa 2003 and turned out a massive let down from the amzin fifa 2002, where was the custom mode. But if some computer company mixed pro evo, fifa and champ man together than who would'nt buy it.
Wed 05/03/03 at 19:39
Regular
"[SE] Shadow Elite"
But remember ladies, EA and Konami need to keep the games enjoyable, and not go on the whole "realism is everything" road and make the games cack. As it is, each game has its own feel to football, and although i prefer Pro Evo 2 highly over Fifa 2003, Fifa is still a pretty good game. Pro Evo 2 is perfect when actually playing the game, but there is little options and you can't completely edit teams like you could on the previous Fifa's. I feel a more managerial approach should be taken when developing Pro Evo 3, as you said in the original post, taking aspects from a Football Manager game and emplying them in Pro Evo's special way. But fortunately, Konami aren't taking the EA road when making Pro Evo 3, they are actually adding new features and modes, rather than just updating the rosters and polishing the graphics.
Wed 05/03/03 at 19:28
Regular
"Wots your boggle"
no idea wot to call it sommit funny and i think that taking dives and beating the hell out of people including refs and streakers is a good idea.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Excellent
Excellent communication, polite and courteous staff - I was dealt with professionally. 10/10
Excellent support service!
I have always found the support staff to provide an excellent service on every occasion I've called.
Ben

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.