GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"More shocking gaming news!"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 03/01/02 at 13:17
Regular
I've just read* a shocking report regarding the future of the games industry. Apparently Nintendo have been particulary impressed with the Xbox, and are currently working on a join venture with Microsoft. The Gamecube is unlikely to see the light of day over here, as this new project is expected to be ready for shipment by Autumn 2002.

What we can hope to see from this wonder hybrid console would be the raw power of the Xbox, coupled with the clever design of the Gamecube, and the massive budget of Microsoft with the tradition and franchises of Nintendo.

A spokeswoman from the team working on the console, Linda Bellingham, had the following to say "This will be fantastic, and make evening's a joy."

Sony will no doubt be quaking in their boots with this announcement, we'll probably see them trying to make a hasty deal with Atari in an attempt to get in on the act. But who now would choose a Playstation over a wonder-console like that from Microsoft and Nintendo.

EXTRA! EXTRA! I've just heard that the name of this console will be the oXo-Cube.

*made up
Fri 04/01/02 at 09:02
Regular
"Maximum Homerdrive"
misterhappy wrote:
> Early concept designs suggest that the console will be shaped like Bill Gates'
> head. In this way Microsoft plan to have a bust of their leader in every house
> and Nintendo plan to appeal to those who want to beat ten shades of shirt out of
> the man.

Said Fred McFalus of Nintendo, "The reset buttons have been
> placed in the eyes of this bust. Basically you need to pull off a move like an
> eye gauge to reset the machine. We can see this feature going down very well
> with the Linux users."

His colleague Peter O'Toole added, "We've
> also made sure that the machine will require a good few kicks in order to to
> start up properly."

Early indications suggest that God is very angry
> with Bill Gates' intrusion into his domain. The Priest for Press Relations
> commented on behalf of the Catholic church, "The Bible is really quite
> specific on this one; you cannot worship false idols. Anyone who buys this
> console will be damned to hell for all eternity. Unfortunately our research has
> indicated that Bill Gates actually has no soul for God to punish. Oh
> well."

Allah declined to comment.

i laughed at this so much but then i realised i already had this console except mines in a pc case and i have to kick it to turn it on and beat it again to reset and DDT the machine to turn it off.
Thu 03/01/02 at 18:25
Regular
"Want a cd key.."
Goatboy wrote:
> My dog mashing the joypad with it's fat ginger face is good at Tony Hawkes, so
> no great shakes there.

Heh Heh Heh a ginger dog :o)
Thu 03/01/02 at 17:08
does this mean i should cancel my GC pre order incase i end up with a xbox?
Thu 03/01/02 at 13:47
Regular
"Infantalised Forums"
My dog mashing the joypad with it's fat ginger face is good at Tony Hawkes, so no great shakes there.
Thu 03/01/02 at 13:46
Regular
"Back from the dead!"
She's pretty hot at Tony Hawkes, is that enough for you?
Thu 03/01/02 at 13:38
Regular
"bearded n dangerous"
Slaveunit wrote:
> Jonman wrote:
> I'd have paid more if it came with an autographed photo
> of
> Linda Bellingham.

You are a very strange man.

:)

Oh come on. Listen, when I look like the baldy bloke from the OXO ads, I'd be well chuffed if my my wife looked like her, and she always had his dinner ready for him.
Top bird all round.

All she needs now is super-human Tekken skills.
Thu 03/01/02 at 13:36
Regular
"Infantalised Forums"
My "Shock Gaming News" was much better.
But like Oasis to my Beatles, the popularist vote wins.

You monkeys.
Thu 03/01/02 at 13:35
Regular
"funky blitzkreig"
This is official, it was on the AT wire service.
Regular
"not dead"
Shadow Demon wrote:
> Nintendo teamed up with Sony during production of the NES. Now Nintendo want to
> join forces with Microsoft? Can't they do anything on their own?

No, obviously not....
Regular
"funky blitzkreig"
Early concept designs suggest that the console will be shaped like Bill Gates' head. In this way Microsoft plan to have a bust of their leader in every house and Nintendo plan to appeal to those who want to beat ten shades of shirt out of the man.

Said Fred McFalus of Nintendo, "The reset buttons have been placed in the eyes of this bust. Basically you need to pull off a move like an eye gauge to reset the machine. We can see this feature going down very well with the Linux users."

His colleague Peter O'Toole added, "We've also made sure that the machine will require a good few kicks in order to to start up properly."

Early indications suggest that God is very angry with Bill Gates' intrusion into his domain. The Priest for Press Relations commented on behalf of the Catholic church, "The Bible is really quite specific on this one; you cannot worship false idols. Anyone who buys this console will be damned to hell for all eternity. Unfortunately our research has indicated that Bill Gates actually has no soul for God to punish. Oh well."

Allah declined to comment.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Unrivalled services
Freeola has to be one of, if not the best, ISP around as the services they offer seem unrivalled.
LOVE it....
You have made it so easy to build & host a website!!!
Gemma

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.